hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thanks, yeah my main quest step is to clear the two locations at the swamp and the one guy told me to get trust to get past him, i already made some tasks like give the teddybear to the girl, bring water and also gave away some of antidote but i did not check the trust guy anymore, seems like i should check him next time.
You're welcome!
Yeah, sounds to me like you should be able to get past him. There just isn't a notification for it.

Yep sure enough I went back through and somehow I double counted one.
It happens. Those chickens are sneaky.

is there away to change the MC's name? When i clicked I'm an adult at the beginning, all i got was a readme page. I didn't have an option to change the name of the MC like most games.
Nope. His name is what it is for story reasons (not just because it's a dumb joke that I won't let die, even if it definitely is a dumb joke that I won't let die).

OK, I just started to play and must ask. What language is this and is there away to change to English?
It's Uncommon, a constructed language I made based on a combination of Latin, Galician, and Irish, and no, at least not right now.
I've debated making a trophy that'll eventually unlock translations for it, but I'm not sure it'd be worth the amount of work it'd take to hunt it all down and put in all the conditional branches. Regardless, that potential trophy hasn't been implemented yet.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
It's Uncommon, a constructed language I made based on a combination of Latin, Galician, and Irish, and no, at least not right now.
I've debated making a trophy that'll eventually unlock translations for it, but I'm not sure it'd be worth the amount of work it'd take to hunt it all down and put in all the conditional branches. Regardless, that potential trophy hasn't been implemented yet.
just that right there turned me away. Also, I wish that the HP and MP regenerates on it's own after each battle.

Archer90

Aug 8, 2017
Part of me really wants that, but as a sort of "I'm done with the game, but still wanna add stuff" update. Plus you can already technically translate some of it. You learn some of the basic structure and I really enjoy learning it that way. It's how I learned a little Chamorro, by speaking to a friend, and that's how the convo with Teely felt.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Part of me really wants that, but as a sort of "I'm done with the game, but still wanna add stuff" update. Plus you can already technically translate some of it. You learn some of the basic structure and I really enjoy learning it that way. It's how I learned a little Chamorro, by speaking to a friend, and that's how the convo with Teely felt.
That's pretty much where I am with it. And there are definitely other things I want to add for post-game content once the story is done, and I'm sure there'll be bugs to fix that will require a couple extra updates anyway.

It's also meant to be fairly easy to learn once you start picking up on it in that it's syllabic (meaning complex ideas are represented by a combination of words for simple ideas rather than having their own word).
Like that conversation with Teely kinda goes over, "auga" always refers to water. Even if "auga" and "Auga" technically have a different meaning, it still refers to water in some capacity. The same applies to every other syllable, so once you start figuring things out, it shouldn't be too difficult to get at least pretty close to what they're trying to say.

And even if you don't want to bother trying, almost nothing is said in Uncommon that's truly important. The few things that are usually get repeated anyway.

Reactions: Archer90

batman9169

Jan 24, 2022
ok so im stuck. i accidentally told ella to finish the repairs, talked to phoebe and i went to deep woods and cut down trees til i have 99 scrap wood. ella isnt doing repairs, just tells me to talk to phoebe but that does nothing. been stuck wandering around for hours and i dont have a previous save set up.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
ok so im stuck. i accidentally told ella to finish the repairs, talked to phoebe and i went to deep woods and cut down trees til i have 99 scrap wood. ella isnt doing repairs, just tells me to talk to phoebe but that does nothing. been stuck wandering around for hours and i dont have a previous save set up.
I just got done testing everything following your steps, and didn't find any bugs.
The next step to take if you selected the "skip" option is to collect at least 50 Scrap Wood (which it sounds like you've done) then go to Phoebe in the study and select the Chat option.

If the Chat option isn't sending you to Melissa's room for a nap and you definitely have more than 50 Scrap Wood, feel free to send me your save (make sure you include both the numbered save file and the "global.rmmzsave" file; I need both or I can't load the save) and I can take a closer look to see if I can find exactly what's going on.

Sora175

Dec 10, 2020
Can anyone tell me how to get trophy 19 i took care of the two main torches but the blue flames don't add up

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Can anyone tell me how to get trophy 19 i took care of the two main torches but the blue flames don't add up
I'll give you the same hint I give everybody:

If you're getting extra dialogue, you're on the right track.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Why is the slave tag not here???

MC is forced into being the bitch's thrall and that is slavery.

Slave tag needed.

X5X6

Mar 2, 2020
Probably being stupid here, where abouts is the love shack in the wilds? I can find the tent/camp site but nothing seems to trigger.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Why is the slave tag not here???

MC is forced into being the bitch's thrall and that is slavery.

Slave tag needed.
Simple - The tag isn't there because there's no slave content.

I'd explain, but I've explained it to enough people at this point to know you don't care about the explanation.
If you did, you'd also be demanding the religion tag, but no one says a word about that content.

Probably being stupid here, where abouts is the love shack in the wilds? I can find the tent/camp site but nothing seems to trigger.
No worries, it's easy to miss.
It's in the wilds right outside your front gate. Where the road turns west, there's a flower path that goes east to the edge of the map. You have to go behind some trees to get to it.

That camp actually has a Folk guy show up at it eventually, who can break down some of your old equipment into Scrap Cloth.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Simple - The tag isn't there because there's no slave content.

I'd explain, but I've explained it to enough people at this point to know you don't care about the explanation.
If you did, you'd also be demanding the religion tag, but no one says a word about that content.

No worries, it's easy to miss.
It's in the wilds right outside your front gate. Where the road turns west, there's a flower path that goes east to the edge of the map. You have to go behind some trees to get to it.

That camp actually has a Folk guy show up at it eventually, who can break down some of your old equipment into Scrap Cloth.
Have not seen anything about religion other than a church looking building.

Being forced into being someone thrall is slavery, thrall is just another word for slavery.

Plus the girl in the attack is being forced into slavery or would have been if not for what MC did, but a lot if not all the other maids there were forced into slavery by that bitch.
Kidnapping then breaking someone will then making them into mindless drones is slavery,

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Have not seen anything about religion other than a church looking building.

Being forced into being someone thrall is slavery, thrall is just another word for slavery.

Plus the girl in the attack is being forced into slavery or would have been if not for what MC did, but a lot if not all the other maids there were forced into slavery by that bitch.
Kidnapping then breaking someone will then making them into mindless drones is slavery,
Okay, here's the explanation.

The definition of "thrall" is "the state of being in someone's power or having great power over someone." Etymologically speaking, it's a synonym for "slave." I'll grant you that.
However, the term is "thrall," not "slave," and that's a deliberate choice, not a convenient excuse. The relationship established there boils down to "go do this thing that you were going to do anyway then get your nose out of my business." That's hardly being treated like a slave.
The relationship is not "A person who is the property of another and is forced to obey them. Generally involving sex acts." That's the definition F95 uses for the tag. That definition applies to, at most, three or four lines of dialogue. That's not enough to justify any tag.
And again, becoming a thrall is an active choice. You're not enslaved. You opt in.

Just like becoming a Servant in-universe requires consent. Could that consent be coerced? Absolutely, and you can discover that's exactly the case in a few different areas, but there isn't a "coercion" tag, nor does that content count for the "corruption" or "blackmail" tags. It's a background element, not content you're presented with. The content you're presented with doesn't fit F95's tag definitions, so they're not there.

As for the religion tag, there's a character that goes by "Priestess" in the same area as "that bitch." There's a meta quest you can do for her, plus another quest that ends in you interacting with a deity, which rewards a trophy that lets you interact with that deity whenever you want. There are druids - which are historically religious figures - that you can find in the game, and that have four different scenes. The word "Theurgy" - the name for the magic system - shares the same root word as "theology," which is the study of religion. There are diegetic books in the library in the player's home that you can read about the religions of Folk culture as well as pseudo-religious cults. A cult plays a major role in the game's story.
Religion and religious themes are everywhere in this game.
But you haven't seen anything about religion other than a church looking building. Sure.

The reason the religion tag isn't on the game yet is because the religious elements are largely background elements, and there's a stipulation on that tag in the tag rules that states "The Religion tag should only be used when the religious themes are being heavily portrayed."
The reason the slave tag isn't on the game is because there's no content that fits F95's tag definition.

Tags describe the content presented to the player. They're not a trigger warning for a handful of lines of dialogue.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
hreserves
You say its like MC has a choice in becoming a thrall but he does not, I never gave up all the way through 100 tries thinking that maybe MC can get out of it but no, MC has no other choice but to give in or quit playing the game.
(There is no choice.)
This is a form of a "Pak" is it not and its sealed with magic. This is slavery.

It is hinted at that every maid there was kidnapped and locked in a cell then tortured to break there minds then forced into being a maid. This is slavery.

But it does not matter to you because you don't want it to be slavery in your mind and your mind is made up.
Both forms above are slavery.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
hreserves
You say its like MC has a choice in becoming a thrall but he does not, I never gave up all the way through 100 tries thinking that maybe MC can get out of it but no, MC has no other choice but to give in or quit playing the game.
(There is no choice.)
This is a form of a "Pak" is it not and its sealed with magic. This is slavery.

It is hinted at that every maid there was kidnapped and locked in a cell then tortured to break there minds then forced into being a maid. This is slavery.

But it does not matter to you because you don't want it to be slavery in your mind and your mind is made up.
Both forms above are slavery.
See? You don't care. Not about the explanation, and apparently not about the forum's tag rules.
I could continue proving you wrong, and I desperately want to sling some mud at you for behaving like you are in my game thread, but that's just wasting more of my time, and I have the next update to develop.
Best of luck posting somewhere else.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
hreserves

Yes, a thrall was a slave or serf in Scandinavian lands during the Viking Age. Thralls were at the lowest position in Viking society and had no rights under the law. They were often sold as currency, and could be used for many purposes, including household work, field work, building projects, and sexual exploitation.

What was the role of a thrall?

The thrall were slaves - the absolute lowest position that someone could have within Viking society. These individuals had absolutely no rights under the law and were frequently sold as a form of currency during transactions. The people who belonged to this class could have gained their status in a variety of ways.

thrall (n.)
late Old English þræl "bondman, serf, slave; person obliged to serve someone else;" from or cognate with a Scandinavian source akin to Old Norse þræll "slave, servant," figuratively "wretch, scoundrel." This is perhaps from Proto-Germanic *thrakhilaz, literally "runner" (hence "attendant"), from root *threh- "to run" (source also of Old High German dregil "servant," properly "runner;" Old English þrægan, Gothic þragjan "to run").

Generally a captive taken in war accepting servitude rather than death, or a freeman guilty of certain crimes and so sentenced; in either case the status passed to children. From late Old English it was extended to "person of low degree" generally, "wretch, inferior." Wycliffe (1382) has thrallesse "female slave or menial servant" in Jeremiah xxxiv.16 where KJV has handmaid.

The meaning "condition of servitude, thralldom" is from early 14c. As a verb, c. 1200, thrallen, "deprive (someone, a people) of freedom, put in bondage," from the noun or Old Norse, also "put under the power of some spell or influence, enthrall." As an adjective, "in a condition of slavery," late Old English, from the noun.

Do you want more or is that enough for you, when you use a word you should know the meaning of it.
And that is just for MC part.

The girl in the attack and all the rest of the maids are slaves to.
(Though MC saved the girl in the attack this time.)

batman9169

Jan 24, 2022
I just got done testing everything following your steps, and didn't find any bugs.
The next step to take if you selected the "skip" option is to collect at least 50 Scrap Wood (which it sounds like you've done) then go to Phoebe in the study and select the Chat option.

If the Chat option isn't sending you to Melissa's room for a nap and you definitely have more than 50 Scrap Wood, feel free to send me your save (make sure you include both the numbered save file and the "global.rmmzsave" file; I need both or I can't load the save) and I can take a closer look to see if I can find exactly what's going on.
sorry, i havent been on the site in awhile and just saw your response. i currently have 99 scrap wood and when i hit chat, phoebe tells me i need more scrap wood. your help is greatly appreciated. love your game and would love to continue playing it!

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
sorry, i havent been on the site in awhile and just saw your response. i currently have 99 scrap wood and when i hit chat, phoebe tells me i need more scrap wood. your help is greatly appreciated. love your game and would love to continue playing it!
No worries. I'm glad you like the game!

Every time I go back to this section of the game, I'm surprised at just how spaghetti-fied my eventing is.
The issue was caused by a mismatched progress trigger that made the game think you hadn't skipped repairs when you had. This made Phoebe want to sit and wait for you to finish the last few repairs, despite you having told Ella to take over and her now telling you to talk to Phoebe. It's an easy enough fix, though it won't be implemented until v0.17 since the early access release for v0.16 happened a few hours ago.
I also managed to find a bug in some transfer events that also wanted to argue with how much progress you'd actually made, so now those are fixed for v0.17, too.
Both are extremely specific bugs that I wouldn't have been able to find if I wasn't able to wander around in your save, so thanks for sharing it.

As for a fix, I've got two versions of your save for you.
File1 is set up with the progress tracking on Phoebe fixed for you, so you can continue as though you skipped on purpose if you want.
File2 I just turned off the "skipped" switch so you can continue as though you never hit the skip option.
Just extract the .rar into your save folder (you'll be prompted to overwrite your File1; up to you if you want to keep it or not) and you'll be good to go.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
MaidsAndMasters-0.15.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes