str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
Her name is Deirlinn, she's the one outside a house in a pink skirt, and it's based on a hidden reputation variable. I'm not going to give away all my secrets, but if you complete the funeral quest, you just need to talk to her the next day. If you get past that point without unlocking the scene, you can trade spare wood after the floor repair quest for more rep.
i must be close to that quest IF your talking about my own mansion floor repairs,etc im on a quest now at my uncle (on north road or what ever) need to recover a key for myself to uncle (forget his name)mansion so can come/go as i please

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
i must be close to that quest IF your talking about my own mansion floor repairs,etc im on a quest now at my uncle (on north road or what ever) need to recover a key for myself to uncle (forget his name)mansion so can come/go as i please
I don't blame you for not knowing his name, it's mentioned maybe twice. But if you're that far, you're actually already past it. Depending on what you did or didn't do, you might be locked out of getting Deirlinn's scene for the time being, but you can go back to her at any time to talk with her and the scene will start if you meet the rep requirement.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
I don't blame you for not knowing his name, it's mentioned maybe twice. But if you're that far, you're actually already past it. Depending on what you did or didn't do, you might be locked out of getting Deirlinn's scene for the time being, but you can go back to her at any time to talk with her and the scene will start if you meet the rep requirement.
you mentioned funeral and i assume thats for the dead girl we carried back to the village and i never went to any funeral
wish i knew exactly what i was looking for iin order to be able to knock that girl up id start the entire game over if i had to if i locked myself out of it LOL
UPDATE: think i found the right girl ...kids were running around and her end dialog said i hope to see more of you (something like that)
the guy ya get potions from now takes wood and then my girls said not to give any wood away because need some for my own repairs (must be getting warmer??)i went back to uncles place to search for this stupid key again and AGAIN no idea no idea where i should search a few said upstairs found lana teddy bear and of course its not talking LOL is the key in a room...on a person maybe what floor and aria wanna get this key and try and figure out how to get back to repairing my own place and then eventually work my way back over to that girl i wanna knock up and get that going

Last edited:

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
can anyone help me with finding the key at my uncles place?ive searched every room and flowers and cant find it
i assume its in same section of the map as her room (lana with the teddy bear)???

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
you mentioned funeral and i assume thats for the dead girl we carried back to the village and i never went to any funeral
wish i knew exactly what i was looking for iin order to be able to knock that girl up id start the entire game over if i had to if i locked myself out of it LOL
UPDATE: think i found the right girl ...kids were running around and her end dialog said i hope to see more of you (something like that)
the guy ya get potions from now takes wood and then my girls said not to give any wood away because need some for my own repairs (must be getting warmer??)i went back to uncles place to search for this stupid key again and AGAIN no idea no idea where i should search a few said upstairs found lana teddy bear and of course its not talking LOL is the key in a room...on a person maybe what floor and aria wanna get this key and try and figure out how to get back to repairing my own place and then eventually work my way back over to that girl i wanna knock up and get that going
To clarify a few of the hints for the key, it's on the third floor, and it's not hidden in an object or on a person. If there are any hints you get by talking to the NPCs that are confusing or unhelpful, feel free to point them out and I can make some dialogue updates so things are clearer. Though to save you some mental anguish, finding the key is totally optional, and can be done at any time. It doesn't really unlock any extra content (yet), just gives you access to a bit of loot and lore.

As far as getting Deirlinn pregnant goes, yes, you did soft lock yourself out, but yes you're close if she's saying she hopes to see more of you. If you didn't skip the repair quest, you can trade your leftover wood at the Cumhaill trader for more rep. If I'm remembering my math correctly, you should end up with 50-60 extra wood and (if you're getting "I hope to see more of you") trading in 30 wood will for sure unlock the scene. If you did skip it, the lock is a little harder, because there's no more content (yet) to gain more Cumhaill rep (I'm working on a solution for that so gathering extra wood still gives rep if you skip the quest, but the next releases are higher on my priority list).

If you want to get her knocked up badly enough to restart your save, make sure to do absolutely everything in Cumhaill before returning to your Estate with Phoebe. It's possible to have that scene before meeting Archibald. If you're not sure you did everything, talk to Toíche (the bald guy in the elder's house). If he starts you on the quest, just complete it (he'll talk you through the steps, too). If he doesn't start you on a quest, talk to everybody else to see if you missed any quests. The funeral is basically a "capstone quest" that lets you know you completed all the other quests available, and completing it puts you over the rep threshold for Deirlinn.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
To clarify a few of the hints for the key, it's on the third floor, and it's not hidden in an object or on a person. If there are any hints you get by talking to the NPCs that are confusing or unhelpful, feel free to point them out and I can make some dialogue updates so things are clearer. Though to save you some mental anguish, finding the key is totally optional, and can be done at any time. It doesn't really unlock any extra content (yet), just gives you access to a bit of loot and lore.

As far as getting Deirlinn pregnant goes, yes, you did soft lock yourself out, but yes you're close if she's saying she hopes to see more of you. If you didn't skip the repair quest, you can trade your leftover wood at the Cumhaill trader for more rep. If I'm remembering my math correctly, you should end up with 50-60 extra wood and (if you're getting "I hope to see more of you") trading in 30 wood will for sure unlock the scene. If you did skip it, the lock is a little harder, because there's no more content (yet) to gain more Cumhaill rep (I'm working on a solution for that so gathering extra wood still gives rep if you skip the quest, but the next releases are higher on my priority list).

If you want to get her knocked up badly enough to restart your save, make sure to do absolutely everything in Cumhaill before returning to your Estate with Phoebe. It's possible to have that scene before meeting Archibald. If you're not sure you did everything, talk to Toíche (the bald guy in the elder's house). If he starts you on the quest, just complete it (he'll talk you through the steps, too). If he doesn't start you on a quest, talk to everybody else to see if you missed any quests. The funeral is basically a "capstone quest" that lets you know you completed all the other quests available, and completing it puts you over the rep threshold for Deirlinn.
i didnt see half of what ya told me repair quest so on...i did leave early tho trying to get 2nd phase of my own place repairs,etc and then the key started

Reactions: mrttao and kamibell

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Where to keep dead girl body I visited all the house. nothing is happening.
You should automatically drop her off once you take her back to her parents. Unless she's not in your inventory for some reason (there was a bug involving that, but it's fixed now). It's the house closest to the well with the dog to the left of it.

sk_cool

May 25, 2018
You should automatically drop her off once you take her back to her parents. Unless she's not in your inventory for some reason (there was a bug involving that, but it's fixed now). It's the house closest to the well with the dog to the left of it. Do you have the save file after the body gets dropped
Thanks for the details it's still in my inventory but the body doesn't get dropped automatically.

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thanks for the details it's still in my inventory but the body doesn't get dropped automatically.
And you're certain you're going to the right place? I just tested the quest in a couple different builds, and it works correctly in all of them. This is what should happen as soon as you walk in the door.
Untitled.jpg

If you aren't getting this and Girl's Body is still in your inventory, I don't know what to tell you. The only other thing I can think of is you turned on the debugger and broke something that way, but I don't think anyone has figured out how to do that yet. I'd need more information to try to troubleshoot.

Kaynet

Jun 12, 2020
Screenshot (2).png
yeah this happened after fixing the holes in the floor and the maids fixing the cracks and ratholes. also happened after the extermination.

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
yeah this happened after fixing the holes in the floor and the maids fixing the cracks and ratholes. also happened after the extermination.
Well, that's not supposed to happen. Sorry about that. Fixed for the next bugfix release. Thanks for letting me know!

Krackon

Jan 2, 2019
Loving the new update and what it brings to the table. Quick Check, is there anymore lewd scenes with the second maid you find ( can't remember her name) The one with glasses and black hair. The Accountant basically.

Currently there only seems to be one in the game.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Map is horrible oversized
Skip text isnt there
You can pick some body in the forest and person who you never met starts commenting on it.
Using vxace in 2021 instead of something new with features is strange.

Reactions: nln0 and kamibell

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Loving the new update and what it brings to the table. Quick Check, is there anymore lewd scenes with the second maid you find ( can't remember her name) The one with glasses and black hair. The Accountant basically.

Currently there only seems to be one in the game.
Phoebe has two scenes. The second one you need to go to her for after a certain point, it doesn't happen as part of the story.

Map is horrible oversized
Skip text isnt there
You can pick some body in the forest and person who you never met starts commenting on it.
Using vxace in 2021 instead of something new with features is strange.
I know some of the maps are large. Most of that is on purpose, some of that is misjudging sense of scale. I'm working on being better about the latter. If you have more specific feedback, I can keep it in mind as I build out the rest of the game.
Others brought up a text-skip option as well. I'm not a programmer and I don't know if a script exists that won't break something else for what is (to me) a really minor feature.
If you could be more specific about the person you never met commenting on something in the forest, I'd like to address that. I think I know what you're referring to, and I did find a bug there (now fixed for the next bugfix release), but I'd like to be certain there isn't something else to fix.
Others have also brought up this being made in VX Ace. It's all I have access to, and I'm not making any money on this project, so going to a newer version of RPG Maker isn't an option.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
this being made in VX Ace. It's all I have access to, and I'm not making any money on this project, so going to a newer version of RPG Maker isn't an option.
When you first leave mansion the body is south of mansion exit, if go east to house theres similar bug of game not knowing you dont have said person in your party.
Being able to skip text seems pretty standard feature in games. Certainly most people expect it.
Cant you just pirate some mv or mz build, the trojans wont do anything if you have no money to be stolen from your bank account.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Im trying to look for a key in the mansion... i cant find it in such a huge place! its tiring!
The NPCs should give you clues on where to look when you talk to them. Though given how much I've heard the key is hard to find, it sounds like those clues need to be improved. Into my 'to-do' list it goes.

When you first leave mansion the body is south of mansion exit, if go east to house theres similar bug of game not knowing you dont have said person in your party.
Being able to skip text seems pretty standard feature in games. Certainly most people expect it.
Cant you just pirate some mv or mz build, the trojans wont do anything if you have no money to be stolen from your bank account.
Okay, so I did find it. The shack bug is fixed now, too. Thanks for clarifying!
I suppose I could pirate a copy if I really wanted to, but I'm trying to keep my eyepatch and tricorn days behind me. I understand I might disappoint or frustrate a few people in the short term while I work with old software, but that's a consequence I've accepted and come to terms with, and hopefully future me will have more and better solutions after I've used this project to learn and get better at making games.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
is there something to change the size of the game? The original gameboy has a bigger screen. Options at the title screen would be helpful. The audio is blaringly loud and you can't avoid it at the beginning.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
is there something to change the size of the game? The original gameboy has a bigger screen. Options at the title screen would be helpful. The audio is blaringly loud and you can't avoid it at the beginning.
There are options to change both, details are in the README. F5 and F6 change screen size and toggle full screen. Sound options exist but can only be accessed from the in-game menu.

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes