hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Like last time, splitting it up to respond to the individual bits.

By Lothario ranch, I may have mixed him with Uncle V, it was named "ranch" you avoid it if you break into the mansion. after the agreement on the holds was done I passed through and 2 guys talking about being in suits and everything is beautiful, on the right side of the screen is a door area you can enter and it puts you locked on a roof.
Okay, so that is the area I reworked. That'll be fixed in the next release. Thanks for clarifying!

By the shop keep (Emily), I mean when you first visit the estate that MC's Uncle owns, Emily has text boxes, but I always thought she stayed at MC's mansion to do the supply line work.
Gotcha. I checked everything there and still couldn't find her, so I played through to that bit in a few versions, and didn't encounter her at all.

There is another instance (at the Nithercott Estate, when you interact with their damaged headstone for the first time) where I know she talks despite not being physically present. That does get explained away, but it was possible to get to that before getting the explanation for it. If it is that, I agree that it does feel a little weird for her to interject even with the explanation. You're right in that she doesn't ever physically leave your Estate. I thought that got removed for v0.4, but apparently not. So that is also fixed for the next release.

On the crash, it was a one off, I had been playing through everything so up for multiple hours going back and forth, I figure it was an RPG maker error rather than bad code.
Good. I'm not happy that it happened, but it's good that it was a one-off. I had encountered similar issues with earlier iterations of the game crashing, but hadn't encountered it myself since finding and fixing it. My main concern was that there were more instances of that old issue, and I'm glad that's not the case.

On the antidotes narratively sure that makes sense on MC and his being able to deal with it, however making the stuff as of now requires finite specific mobs, or trade routes which may or may not dry up in the future, so even if it is to save lives there will only be so much, and the player may not want to use any since it may cost 10000 for them to move and there are only exactly that much in game. On top of that, the player is trying to go for a specific action (the village moving) if that action will never happen then there is no reason for the player as of now to give them anything.
It certainly won't cost as many antidotes as there are in the game, but I understand what you're saying. I'll keep all this in mind when I revisit that section and add in the other side quests. At minimum, the girl you give them to will tell you if they need more after it's been touched up.

On the rock text it wasn't about being verbose. It was that as a player I had cleared the family hold and one other of V's, but only now did Phoebe talk about fighting creatures to fix the family stone. So do the other holds not count? Does going back to them count? Was the family hold not supposed to be done and if it was done later there would be special rock stuff? Does that make players who had done the holds earlier now missing an item? The third hold gave a lot of information but does that info count to the previous found stuff and if not, then why?
I only meant that I was trying to avoid dumping too much exposition. Those are valid questions, and re-reading the dialogue, the implications I intended to be answers don't really make for good answers. I've added some notes to my to-do list, and will rework that dialogue to better answer those questions.

On the magic tree it happened when I was leaving the Hold, specifically it was the middle tree of the path that was below the center orb area. Took me 10 minutes randomly pressing orbs to try and get out of that area after finishing it.
Weird. There's nothing wrong in any of the events, but I managed to encounter the same issue. Extra weird, it was with a different tree. I'll have to move reworking that dungeon higher up on my to-do list.

The throne blue dots was only on 1 throne chair thing, it was against a back wall of a large room, I don't remember of which mansion but I think it was either V or MC uncle's, you can only get text from that chair from the right front edge. Was just an odd graphical bug.
That is odd. Managed to find it (it was in Lothario's ballroom), and it is now fixed for the next release. Thanks!

What I meant by the exe for ace is that it is a fake exe, it is actually an extraction file more akin to zip/rar, and windows will bitch about old and untrusted fake exe files, can run a ren'py exe with no complaint, same with modern rpgm exe, not the fake zip file of vx though, just wanted to warn you on that it may turn people away just as much as false positive readings.
Yup, it's a self-extracting archive. I'm aware that it may cause some concern, but there's not a lot I can do to change it. I could get into the cyber-security risks, but suffice to say it's easier to answer questions. I still appreciate the feedback, though!

Large maps aren't bad in a sense, a forest being large can be fine, your mansions are just as large or larger than major forested areas that could hold whole cities. That just becomes more like you are just using the same map size for everything. I think the other problem is so much of it is maze like and thus the speed of fast movement is constantly nullified. The other is view range, it is very hard to determine where you want to go if everything is so limited.
I can understand the perception. Again, part of that is deliberate - without going on a lore dump, Estates are supposed to feel more like cities than a single house. That said, I recognize that certain maps (especially for Lothario and the MC's uncle) are large for no reason. I've got some ideas on how to improve existing maps based on the feedback I've received, I just haven't had the time to implement it all yet. Now that I don't have myself under crunch time, those improvements should start making their way in, but keep the feedback coming.

My team was Melissa, Phoebe, Ella, Alice. With the limited magic pool on Ella she is kind of bad on being the healer. Plus Ella and Alice hit so weakly it makes it likely that one of your two damage dealers goes down to hold fights vs 3+ enemies and thus you are now likely to lose.
I think I have stumbled into accidentally optimizing my playstyle, then. I use the same team for most of my testing and very rarely encounter one of my Maids getting KO'd. I'm curious to find out how much the equipment changes will cover that gap for other people.

Regarding Ella specifically, I have plans. It's mostly just figuring out the best way to implement those plans. Telling would be spoilers, but I definitely don't want to completely leave any of the girls behind.

Having to use a table in your mansion to move the party around, that is not fun. I would like to suggest an edit to the combat though, instead of having to use the table for formation or whatever, what about an active switching? In battle during a characters turn you can use their turn to switch out with a maid who isn't in the fight. Thus allowing change on the fly to meet that challenges and removing the need to do a lengthy travel to make meaningful changes, also explains why they would also get exp from fights.
That's an excellent idea, but to my knowledge, that isn't possible without some very serious scripting, which I do not have the skills to create. The biggest part of the issue is that the MC is not a party member, and I had to get creative to make that work. Changing the formation also changes the player sprite, so I have to keep formation changes contained within events so I can reset the player sprite after changes are committed. I have another solve in the works related to the Homing Stone that should still allow for better hot-swapping of characters.

I am not too familiar with the newer names and since Emily and Goth are the side ones you can't just check in a menu I confuse them some. This was about the Goth one joining.
Understood, no worries. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding and something else needed fixing. Though mentioning you can't check her in the menu brought something else to my attention.

So - if you saved when the End of Version message prompted you to, you're in the clear and haven't missed anything. If you continued forward until the goth shows up and saved after that point, then you'll miss the story relevant bits around the scene I intend to include there. The scene will still be available by talking to her in your Estate, so you won't miss much, just some alternate dialogue. The big issue with it is that she's supposed to add to the party, and after reviewing, she doesn't. It's fixed for the next release, but you'll really want to be sure your save is before that point. If your only saves are after that, let me know and I'll get a fixed save to you so you don't have to replay through everything.

And thanks again for taking the time! All this really is super helpful.

Reactions: Blackowl97

GrimRiot

Dec 23, 2017
Am I supposed to have only Ella for the rat extermination cause that seems kinda brutal? (Formation is greyed out too). It's actually impossible so I'm assuming something broke probably right after obtaining her since every save after that has only her in the party and no way to add the others back in.

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Am I supposed to have only Ella for the rat extermination cause that seems kinda brutal? (Formation is greyed out too). It's actually impossible so I'm assuming something broke probably right after obtaining her since every save after that has only her in the party and no way to add the others back in.
Something definitely broke. You're supposed to have Melissa and Phoebe as well, and they're supposed to add back in before you go into the deep wilds to chop down trees. After that, they're never removed again.

Checking the events, it shouldn't be possible to get to Extermination before the other two are added back in. Do you mind detailing the steps you took to get there?

GrimRiot

Dec 23, 2017
Something definitely broke. You're supposed to have Melissa and Phoebe as well, and they're supposed to add back in before you go into the deep wilds to chop down trees. After that, they're never removed again.

Checking the events, it shouldn't be possible to get to Extermination before the other two are added back in. Do you mind detailing the steps you took to get there?
I just played it back from that save and I know what happened, I skipped the trigger because I edited in scrap wood and fixed the entire manor without letting Ella take over. I thought maybe if I fixed it without letting her take over, it would give an achievement or something (definitely got the break the game achievement lol). If I let her take over, then the trigger for the wood chopping occurs. So it's more of a user error, not a game error, oops.

So, is there no way to finish repairing the house without letting Ella take over?

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I just played it back from that save and I know what happened, I skipped the trigger because I edited in scrap wood and fixed the entire manor without letting Ella take over. I thought maybe if I fixed it without letting her take over, it would give an achievement or something (definitely got the break the game achievement lol). If I let her take over, then the trigger for the wood chopping occurs. So it's more of a user error, not a game error, oops.

So, is there no way to finish repairing the house without letting Ella take over?
I'm glad there isn't anything broken, at least. Thanks for clarifying!

There is a way to repair everything manually. Pretty much all of your thinking is correct, actually, you just ran into a consequence for cheating. =P You're supposed to end up a bit short of being totally done when it's just you and Ella, then talk to Phoebe when there's no wood left to pick up. The second phase of the quest involves getting more wood by chopping down trees in the deep wilds, which gives you more than enough to finish repairs manually (and you can trade in leftovers at Cumhaill for more reputation with them). I have a note in my to-do list to call out when it's time to talk to Phoebe, because there is a trophy for repairing the floor manually (as well as a bonus to Ella's affection score), and it only triggers by repairing exactly the number of holes in the floors. Given how high that number is and how large the mansion is, I can see it being easy enough to miss one or two and finish the quest and still miss the trophy. I'm still testing how to do make that fix, but I'm trying to get it ready for the next release.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Will this game ever have pregnancy ?
So when are we getting actual became pregnant gives birth in-game?
It currently has pregnancy. There's currently only one character you can get pregnant, but I have plans to add more.

The main thing with this is that pregnancy is not the main focus of the game, so I'm not going to "video game" away things like gestation or the possibility that conception might not happen on the first attempt. Time does pass within the game world much faster than the real world, and you can repeat the scene in question until the dialogue changes to indicate she's pregnant, but it takes 3-4 months for a pregnant woman to even start to show and as of v0.4 only about two months have passed.

As far as a "when," I'm currently working on the specifics as part of revisiting older sections of the game. I don't have an exact date, but the background math will be added in one of the coming v0.4.x updates. Once added, it'll depend on when she got pregnant and how much time has passed since then. There will be babies after the appropriate amount of time has passed. The same will be true of future characters who can be impregnated.

So... does the protag get to fight? Seems kinda weak depending on maids for protection. :LOL:
The best way for me to answer this question is with a no. Without doing a massive lore dump (and I can, if asked), think of the MC as the king and the party as the adventurers, or as CEO and employees. It's not that he can't exactly, it's that he has Servants for that who are better suited to the task, so why get his own hands dirty? His role is to sit back and give orders (which presents as the game UI, with you the player selecting what each party member should do).

An example would be the Fate series, where while mages can fight, it borders on suicidal for a mage to fight a heroic spirit, so they have heroic spirits do all the fighting (aside from a few exceptions).

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
Hmmm.... So low moch pages of commnets, i wonder WHY?

I have 3 qustions, can anyoens tell me answer?

1. How moch Fap-Fap material in Game?
2. RPG elements is too high or too low?
3. Project have RePlay/Gallery room?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Hmmm.... So low moch pages of commnets, i wonder WHY?

I have 3 qustions, can anyoens tell me answer?

1. How moch Fap-Fap material in Game?
2. RPG elements is too high or too low?
3. Project have RePlay/Gallery room?
1. There are 9 scenes currently in the game, with at least 4 more coming in the v0.4.x updates, with more planned for future releases for both new and existing characters.

2. I'd like to say they're just right, but I'm the one making the thing, so I'm probably biased. I haven't gotten any feedback regarding the RPG elements specifically yet, so I'm guessing they're at least acceptable.

3. Yes, but it's not a single room/menu. Anywhere you can find your Maids (such as your mansion) you can talk to them and repeat any of that character's unlocked scenes.

Reactions: DrWho8248
Feb 25, 2018
Hey can someone tell me were the first trophy is ? I have the 2 and 3 but i don't even imagine where is the 1 one! help please?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
You have not thought about including the google translator?
No? The only parts of the game that would need translating is a fictional language, so I'm not sure what Google translate would do. Unless you're asking an entirely different question.

Renders look interesting , however the RPGM elements don't. So hopefully the gameplay doesn't take away from the action
You're the only one who can say if it's for you or not, but I will say that this is a game first. Though I also like feedback, so if there are specific aspects that you don't like I'm open to any thoughts you have that might help improve the game.

Hey can someone tell me were the first trophy is ? I have the 2 and 3 but i don't even imagine where is the 1 one! help please?
The first trophy is deliberately borderline impossible to find (there's no content tied to it currently, just a debug feature that can be turned on and off). The hint to finding it is in the prequel/demo, Arrival.

Where do i find the shadowy maid? I've been looking all over the place
There's a hint if you visit the church in Augalamh. If you need more of a hint, click the spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Guys can somebody share save please
I could, depending on what you need it for. If you're just looking to skip to the end to see all the lewds, you'll have to hope for someone else's generosity. If something broke and you want to get back to where you were without playing through everything again, just let me know what the last couple things you did were and I'll get a save set up for you.

Feb 25, 2018
I just want to say ta aside the 1 trophy I got the next 3 got to the pick wood and restore the floor quest I picked up every wood I could, but that didn't finish the quest and the other maid said she was sad that I left the other maid do the work, but I picked all by hand and at the end I stopped playing ! But I liked the game until that happened, so I will give another chance, I'm downloading it again! Just mention it because I don't know if it was a bug or something!

Feb 25, 2018
Just for you to know the only wood left in the house was the one in the parents' room, but I couldn't pick that one !

Picked the wood in the guest house too ! But there were still a lot of holes left ! And I didn't know what to do !

Sylar1023

Feb 7, 2018
This game seriously requires a walkthrough...
I have to repair the walls now and don't know how...I also have to decide a bedroom...no clue there either and the missing masters is pretty vague too...the church didn't help at all....

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
The game is good but have one big problem. The size of locations is HUGE, its too big!!!

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes