jxd

Jun 8, 2020
Came to say this. After the tour I talked to the other maids then went to see Emily. After the sex scene I bought what I could and went to talk to the maids again, but they're all giving the same dialogue as before I sealed the pact with Emily. When I went back to the shop there were items from the contracts I bought and the chest had another 9 silcrow in it. Phoebe has stopped telling me to check on Emily but otherwise still says she doesn't have any plans for what to do next. Nobody else's dialogue has changed.

PS. Is it possible to find the little girl before going to Cumhaill in order to save her? Some of the elder's comments seemed to imply that but it's such a scripted sequence I figured that's unlikely.
But if you save her by following the quest chain, or did something happen to me? She's just passed out so she remembers: S.

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
Someone who knows something about the save edition, they know because after raising the level of a certain character for example from 6 to 26 to melissa, after leveling up it returns to 6: S, apart from the value of the level there is another parameter that I must change?

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
a quest log would be nice.
I already forgot who I'm supposed to give the wolf pelts to and how many I should get xD
And the quest giver girl doesn't help either
or at least the name of the person talking xD

I also got the sex scene with the shy villager.
How exactly do you get this?

Last edited:

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Sorry, it's been too long, I know I'd done all the quests for the first part, including the funeral for the little girl that you found, then I think I just talked to her, the dev has posted several updates, so I was planning to play again, just haven't had time due to family stuff, but when I figure it out I'll shoot you a pm, if I haven't see that you've posted you got it here.

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
Sorry, it's been too long, I know I'd done all the quests for the first part, including the funeral for the little girl that you found, then I think I just talked to her, the dev has posted several updates, so I was planning to play again, just haven't had time due to family stuff, but when I figure it out I'll shoot you a pm, if I haven't see that you've posted you got it here.
I've finished the funeral, but nothing else happened with her

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Did you speak to everyone in the village, including her brother? I can't recall if one of them put me on the path to talk to her again, or if I just was my usual OCD self in making certain that I spoke to everyone.

dud12340

Jun 9, 2018
I have 4 snake fangs. I try to sell them at the store and either selection, 1 or 3, she says I don't have that many. Am I supposed to give them to someone else first?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Do you know what I have to do after emily settles in the house? my main language is Spanish, so there are things that happened to me, I think there is a missing quest follower in the game ...
After Emily's arrival, walk back into the same room she pushes you out of, then talk to Melissa and select Plan. If Melissa doesn't have the Plan option, download the bugfix version from the OP; there's a bug in the initial v0.4.2 release that blocks progression.

But if you save her by following the quest chain, or did something happen to me? She's just passed out so she remembers: S.
I believe that's referring to Maila, whom you sadly cannot save.

Someone who knows something about the save edition, they know because after raising the level of a certain character for example from 6 to 26 to melissa, after leveling up it returns to 6: S, apart from the value of the level there is another parameter that I must change?
It shouldn't be possible to reach level 26 yet, so if you're using a second program to edit your save or game data, I can't help you. If you're trying to level up normally and a character's level is resetting, please tell me what else you were doing at the time. There's nothing built into the game that should reset the character levels.

I saw pregnancy label, is it already implemented or is it something for the future?
The actual getting a character pregnant is implemented, but there hasn't been enough time in-game for her to show or have given birth yet (and those things, by extension, have not been fully implemented).

a quest log would be nice.
I already forgot who I'm supposed to give the wolf pelts to and how many I should get xD
And the quest giver girl doesn't help either
or at least the name of the person talking xD

A quest log would be nice. It's unfortunately not something that's inherent to RPGM VX Ace, and the scripts I've tried break more than I know how to fix. I've got something of a work-around implemented, and I'm working on something else to make it portable.

Wolf pelts can be traded with the cumhaill trader (the tent with the counter under it) for potions. If you're talking about the first quest for pelts, you need 5 to clear the quest, but there's a bonus for 10.

Deirlinn's scene is unlocked by a rep threshold. If you complete the funeral, you're above that threshold. You can get over the threshold after completing that round of quests by giving scrap wood to the trader.

Thanks for being helpful!

That's not a good sign. You should get extra dialogue and a choice to go somewhere with her. Poking through the scripting, nothing appears to be broken. Just to clarify, Deirlinn is the girl standing outside in the pink skirt.

If you still can't trigger the scene, do you mind telling me if she's standing right next to the house or below the path watching the kids, and what line of dialogue she has?

Edit: As a follow up thought, if you did the funeral but let the wolf that appears chew on the pyre, you lose rep with every chomp. It's possible that put you back below the rep threshold and everything is working as intended.

I have 4 snake fangs. I try to sell them at the store and either selection, 1 or 3, she says I don't have that many. Am I supposed to give them to someone else first?
The Cumhaill trader should take them without any issue. I just did some digging around, and I did find a couple bugs, but it should result in either a display error (meaning everything works correctly, but the game says you get more items than you actually do) or in a math error (where everything works, but she takes everything instead of the number you offered). In either case, you shouldn't have any trouble progressing (and both of these bugs are now fixed for the next release). If you are having trouble progressing still, let me know and I'll dig further into it.

dud12340

Jun 9, 2018
Unfortunately I still can't trade snake fangs. I now have 5. If I select either 1 or 3 she says Sorry you don't have that many. And I still have the 5 in my inventory

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Unfortunately I still can't trade snake fangs. I now have 5. If I select either 1 or 3 she says Sorry you don't have that many. And I still have the 5 in my inventory
Weird. I just tested it in the v0.4.2 bugfix version, and the only issue is the bug where she takes all of them instead of the number you specify. Other than general troubleshooting, I'm not sure what to tell you or what might be wrong.

For general troubleshooting, make sure you've got v0.4.2 bugfix downloaded. If you're using any other programs to cheat or edit save or game data, make sure those aren't a factor. Make sure you didn't bump the 10s digit and you're trying to trade 11 or 91 instead of 01. Try entering 02 or 04 instead of 01 or 03 just to see if something really went sideways and it isn't recognizing odd numbers. If you have any amount in your inventory, you should still be able to complete the quest. I'm sorry you're still encountering the issue.

Reactions: jxd

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
Thanks for the previous answers,
*I understand that the character of your group is impregnated? (are there comments on it?)
*Regarding the levels, use only an online editor where I change the value from 6 to 26, what happens is that the dynamics of returning to heal me all the time is not fun.
*I'm in the chain about going to some swamps, I met a maid, can she be recruited or is it not implemented yet? In this chain, am I missing any suggestions? I came to a church but I'm going around in circles ...

dud12340

Jun 9, 2018
Now I feel like an idiot. It was not selection. I though the 1 and 3 were options and did not realize it was defaulting to 13. My bad. Once I changed the 1 to 0 it of course worked fine

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
I reached the announcement of the end of the game 0.4 but I did not see the pregnancy, I do not know what I did wrong, The maid that was in the swamps did not know how to recruit her ... you just talk to her and she leaves ... the new maid in what area of the state is?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Now I feel like an idiot. It was not selection. I though the 1 and 3 were options and did not realize it was defaulting to 13. My bad. Once I changed the 1 to 0 it of course worked fine
It's cool. I'm just glad something wasn't broken somewhere and I just couldn't figure out what was broken. You calling this out did still bring my attention to a pair of bugs, so I'm still glad you said something.

I reached the announcement of the end of the game 0.4 but I did not see the pregnancy, I do not know what I did wrong, The maid that was in the swamps did not know how to recruit her ... you just talk to her and she leaves ... the new maid in what area of the state is?
Deirlinn is currently the only character who can get pregnant. None of your party members can or will, though there will be other NPCs implemented in future versions who can be impregnated. With Deirlinn, while you can get her pregnant, there's just an extra line of dialogue to indicate she is, but it isn't overt. If I have time, I might put in an event with her brother for v0.5.

Regarding the dynamics of returning to heal, I'm not totally sure I understand your phrasing, but I am working on hiding more stuff around. I can understand it not being a ton of fun to need to backtrack every time you get half way through a dungeon, and it isn't my intention to force you to do that. That'll hopefully be where I actually wanted it to be in v0.4.3.

For the v0.4 story, I'll have to put in a few more hints about finding the shadowy Maid. I thought that'd be more straightforward than it evidently is. That's something else that'll hopefully be fixed for v0.4.3.

Lastly, for the blue-haired Maid you can encounter in the east swamps - you can recruit her, but there's a few tricks to doing that. She's optional, so you aren't required to get her and she'll remain available to recruit at any point. For the first step, each wrong option gives a different hint on what to do. It gets more straightforward after that.

Reactions: _Maou_ and jxd

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
If you still can't trigger the scene, do you mind telling me if she's standing right next to the house or below the path watching the kids, and what line of dialogue she has?
1637758232390.png
and no. The wolf didn't even get near the pyre.
Would you like my save to check?

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
It's cool. I'm just glad something wasn't broken somewhere and I just couldn't figure out what was broken. You calling this out did still bring my attention to a pair of bugs, so I'm still glad you said something.

Deirlinn is currently the only character who can get pregnant. None of your party members can or will, though there will be other NPCs implemented in future versions who can be impregnated. With Deirlinn, while you can get her pregnant, there's just an extra line of dialogue to indicate she is, but it isn't overt. If I have time, I might put in an event with her brother for v0.5.

Regarding the dynamics of returning to heal, I'm not totally sure I understand your phrasing, but I am working on hiding more stuff around. I can understand it not being a ton of fun to need to backtrack every time you get half way through a dungeon, and it isn't my intention to force you to do that. That'll hopefully be where I actually wanted it to be in v0.4.3.

For the v0.4 story, I'll have to put in a few more hints about finding the shadowy Maid. I thought that'd be more straightforward than it evidently is. That's something else that'll hopefully be fixed for v0.4.3.

Lastly, for the blue-haired Maid you can encounter in the east swamps - you can recruit her, but there's a few tricks to doing that. She's optional, so you aren't required to get her and she'll remain available to recruit at any point. For the first step, each wrong option gives a different hint on what to do. It gets more straightforward after that.
Excuse me, where is Deirlinn? I have a bad memory and I only remember the names of the maids in my group.

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
View attachment 1516676
I just talk to her before doing the missions and then she tells me the same thing as that image, I didn't have any scenes with her other than that: S.
1637785448906.png

Here I am lost, give the body to the parents, then what do I have to do for the funeral?

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I see what happened. I double checked the numbers, and there's a gap of less than 5 points where it's possible to unlock and complete the funeral quest and still be below the threshold. You managed to land in that gap. If you progress until you can give scrap wood to the trader, it'll take at most 15.

Though just as a note, it's 1 rep per 3 wood, and the way VX Ace does the math, it doesn't round. So 5 wood is still worth 1 rep, and 6 wood is worth 2. I recommend doing batches divisible by 3 so you don't end up trading 5 wood 3 times and still being short.

I just talk to her before doing the missions and then she tells me the same thing as that image, I didn't have any scenes with her other than that: S.

Here I am lost, give the body to the parents, then what do I have to do for the funeral?
Deirlinn is the girl in the pink skirt in Cumhaill. You're talking to her in both your and hagare's screencaps.

For the funeral, it's an extra quest that unlocks for completing all of the other quests on your first visit to Cumhaill. You talk to the bald buy in the Elder's house (Toiche) to start it. But looking at your screencap, you're already past that point in the game.

If all you're worried about is the scene with Deirlinn, you can still trade in scrap wood to get over the threshold. If you're getting that line of dialogue, you're at most 10 points under, which would be 30 scrap wood max.

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
I see what happened. I double checked the numbers, and there's a gap of less than 5 points where it's possible to unlock and complete the funeral quest and still be below the threshold. You managed to land in that gap. If you progress until you can give scrap wood to the trader, it'll take at most 15.

Though just as a note, it's 1 rep per 3 wood, and the way VX Ace does the math, it doesn't round. So 5 wood is still worth 1 rep, and 6 wood is worth 2. I recommend doing batches divisible by 3 so you don't end up trading 5 wood 3 times and still being short.

Deirlinn is the girl in the pink skirt in Cumhaill. You're talking to her in both your and hagare's screencaps.

For the funeral, it's an extra quest that unlocks for completing all of the other quests on your first visit to Cumhaill. You talk to the bald buy in the Elder's house (Toiche) to start it. But looking at your screencap, you're already past that point in the game.

If all you're worried about is the scene with Deirlinn, you can still trade in scrap wood to get over the threshold. If you're getting that line of dialogue, you're at most 10 points under, which would be 30 scrap wood max.

Thanks, now if I finish all the content, the mission to find the lost masters I assume is in process, right? or if it can be finished?
I would recommend some form of checker for completed missions.

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes