hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thanks, now if I finish all the content, the mission to find the lost masters I assume is in process, right? or if it can be finished?
I would recommend some form of checker for completed missions.
You can't find the Masters themselves (this side-quest was supposed to set up my original plan for the Halloween update, but I had to pivot my plans), but the quest as it is now just needs you to either destroy or restore the Nithercott headstone. You can get the resources to repair the Nithercott headstone by destroying the headstones at the ruined Estates in the swamps, but just as fair warning, I do intend for there to be long term effects depending on what is done with the various headstones in the second act of the story.

I won't say much more than that for now to avoid apoilers, but the short answer is that it can be completed, yes.

There is also a Quest Tracking option on your war table. Last time I tested it, Melissa told you what was relevant for the Missing Masters side quest. If something isn't mentioned there and was earlier, it should be complete. In either v0.5 or v0.6 I intend to make that option mobile with the Homing Stone.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
In the Uncle manor if visited there is a quest about finding a key, it's apparently behind something in one of the room of the 3rd floor.
Sure, but which one ?
There a lot to check, its they are others quests like this, damn.

Paul_Devante

Sep 5, 2018
Hi. Does anyone have any idea how Emily's shop actually works when you purchase something? Do the items get delivered/restocked after a certain amount of days or story progression?

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
I see what happened. I double checked the numbers, and there's a gap of less than 5 points where it's possible to unlock and complete the funeral quest and still be below the threshold. You managed to land in that gap. If you progress until you can give scrap wood to the trader, it'll take at most 15.

Though just as a note, it's 1 rep per 3 wood, and the way VX Ace does the math, it doesn't round. So 5 wood is still worth 1 rep, and 6 wood is worth 2. I recommend doing batches divisible by 3 so you don't end up trading 5 wood 3 times and still being short.

Deirlinn is the girl in the pink skirt in Cumhaill. You're talking to her in both your and hagare's screencaps.

For the funeral, it's an extra quest that unlocks for completing all of the other quests on your first visit to Cumhaill. You talk to the bald buy in the Elder's house (Toiche) to start it. But looking at your screencap, you're already past that point in the game.

If all you're worried about is the scene with Deirlinn, you can still trade in scrap wood to get over the threshold. If you're getting that line of dialogue, you're at most 10 points under, which would be 30 scrap wood max.
that's hilarious xD
Thanks for that
Just confirming, you can't gather scrap wood after the funeral can you?
Hence you can't get the scene after the funeral

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
In the Uncle manor if visited there is a quest about finding a key, it's apparently behind something in one of the room of the 3rd floor.
Sure, but which one ?
There a lot to check, its they are others quests like this, damn.
The NPCs give hints if you talk to them. If you've talked to everyone, try looking for new people in rooms you haven't been in yet.

As an extra hint, the key isn't actually IN anything. It's in a bag on the floor. A few NPCs should hint at or outright say this.

Hi. Does anyone have any idea how Emily's shop actually works when you purchase something? Do the items get delivered/restocked after a certain amount of days or story progression?
It's based on story progression. A variable ticks up every so often, and if you own one of the Contracts she sells, new items appear on the tables to collect every time it does. Some Contracts do come with "investment gifts" where you get one of the items in question for buying the Contract.

As the game opens up, you'll be able to trade various resources for items or other resources directly. A few of those are coming in the next release, and more are planned for later updates.

that's hilarious xD
Thanks for that
Just confirming, you can't gather scrap wood after the funeral can you?
Hence you can't get the scene after the funeral
You're welcome!

You can gather scrap wood after that point, but there's some background jank in the scripting that I couldn't get rid of without breaking something else, so it can't be gathered again until you start floor repairs, and then it can't be gathered after you complete that again until a little later in the story. But that only applies to the wood in the wilds near your Estate. The same used to be true if you skipped repairs, but a previous version includes some code that gives you rep for gathering more wood than you need when it gets zeroed out of your inventory.

After I thought about it, it felt really dumb and arbitrary to not let you pick up scrap wood in other areas until after you "need" it again, so I updated a few zones that had wood lying around to let you pick all that up. That'll be implemented in the next release.

jake85

Aug 7, 2018
hi guy,

no matter if i use the bugfix build or the normal one...
still the last hint i get is Pheobe telling me to Check on Emily
and ofc i already entered Emilys new decorated Room and spoke with her aswell... without the hints i m damn lost in this game

hope somebody knows what i did wrong

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
hi guy,

no matter if i use the bugfix build or the normal one...
still the last hint i get is Pheobe telling me to Check on Emily
and ofc i already entered Emilys new decorated Room and spoke with her aswell... without the hints i m damn lost in this game

hope somebody knows what i did wrong
That's lame. As far as I can tell, all the bugs were worked out of that section, unless you're encountering something super specific. There might also be a weird overlap (underlap?) in what Phoebe says to do next, but I'd have to double check.

The next step should be to talk to Melissa and select the "Plan" option.

Prequel is mandatory storywise?
Nope. Just provides some extra context, and some hints on where to find things in the main game.

jake85

Aug 7, 2018
That's lame. As far as I can tell, all the bugs were worked out of that section, unless you're encountering something super specific. There might also be a weird overlap (underlap?) in what Phoebe says to do next, but I'd have to double check.

The next step should be to talk to Melissa and select the "Plan" option.

Nope. Just provides some extra context, and some hints on where to find things in the main game.
thx man got confused because she keeps giving the same advice

blobzerz

Sep 15, 2017
Where can i get scrapwood to finish home repairs? I've collected all i could when someone in village asked me to and now there is no more scrapwood to get :/
Searched topic a bit and i also got extermination achievment with Ella only. Phoebe said something about axe and chopping wood but i have no axe in inventory and i cannot chop any wood.
[edit] Right go down on map to not really well highlited "road" By deep wilds i assumed i need to go to place where i fought all wolves. This part of game is badly comunicated.

Last edited:
Reactions: jxd

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
Good that you have a constant update rate, personally I will wait for the next update since I recently completed 4.2, see you in 4.4.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
thx man got confused because she keeps giving the same advice
You're welcome! Sorry for the confusion.

Now that I have the time to look at her, she is missing a page of script. Fixed for the next release.

Where can i get scrapwood to finish home repairs? I've collected all i could when someone in village asked me to and now there is no more scrapwood to get :/
Searched topic a bit and i also got extermination achievment with Ella only. Phoebe said something about axe and chopping wood but i have no axe in inventory and i cannot chop any wood.
[edit] Right go down on map to not really well highlited "road" By deep wilds i assumed i need to go to place where i fought all wolves. This part of game is badly comunicated.
Sorry for the confusion. I would've sworn I had your Maids specify that you needed to go south, but it is only in one path. Updated that for the next release. Though in my defense, Phoebe does tell you to go south if you chat with her again regardless, and both versions as well as chatting specify you're looking for nonstandard trees. I'm not sure how much better it can be communicated. I'm open to suggestions, if you have any.

And there is an actual Wood Axe item, but it's end-game equipment. It felt like a jerk move to give it to you for one section of the game that isn't terribly combat-heavy (and can be cleared without any combat at all) just to take it away.

Good that you have a constant update rate, personally I will wait for the next update since I recently completed 4.2, see you in 4.4.
It turns out I actually really enjoy this kind of work, but I'm also currently in a really lucky position where I'm able to work on this more or less full time without needing to worry about income. It won't last forever, so hopefully by the time my situation changes I'll have enough support to be able to keep up the cadence ( ).

Though barring anything game-breaking, the next update will actually be v0.5 with the next story release.

mrgoon

Mar 4, 2018
When we ask help to Lothario, does our answers change the outcome ? What are the best answers ?

IronDragoon

Aug 19, 2017
Getting a weird event or something. I repaired all the floors, maids fixed all the cracks, Phoebe tells me to go to Lothario, but when I try to exit the map, it says "I really should go talk with Ella. Running away from my problems never got me anywhere I wanted to be." But when I go talk to her (she's in the kitchen), she just chats about getting furniture, having more maids soon, and I can kiss her. I talked to Melissa and Phoebe, too (sealed the pact with Phoebe), but it doesn't change anything. Currently, it prevents me from leaving the Estate exterior map, and thus stops the game.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
When we ask help to Lothario, does our answers change the outcome ? What are the best answers ?
The final outcome doesn't really change, no. You always get Alice.

There are three "stages" of success, though. If you choose basically all of the worst choices, you can't explore his Estate. If you negotiate well enough, he gives you extra gear.

As far as the "best" choices go, there's a bit of wiggle room to get to that extra gear, so there's no one set of the best choices. Some choices also reward more rep with him but reduce affection with your Maids, or give you a bunch of affection but not a lot of reputation. There's not a single correct answer, and what is best is subjective.

Getting a weird event or something. I repaired all the floors, maids fixed all the cracks, Phoebe tells me to go to Lothario, but when I try to exit the map, it says "I really should go talk with Ella. Running away from my problems never got me anywhere I wanted to be." But when I go talk to her (she's in the kitchen), she just chats about getting furniture, having more maids soon, and I can kiss her. I talked to Melissa and Phoebe, too (sealed the pact with Phoebe), but it doesn't change anything. Currently, it prevents me from leaving the Estate exterior map, and thus stops the game.
That is weird. I'm sorry that's happening. This took me a lot of poking around to parse out what might've happened, and I'm still not sure how you got stuck in this particular way.

So just to run things down, after floor repairs you sleep. The event that happens when you wake up puts Melissa and Phoebe back in your party. After that, the next thing to do is Extermination, then Lothario.

My best guess, based on the message you're getting when you try to leave, Melissa and Phoebe weren't put back in your party between sleeping and Extermination. That isn't possible based on how the game is scripted, so I have no idea how that happened. That message is conditional on Melissa not being in your party, and the only way she wouldn't be in your party at that point is if you're using third party software to manipulate the game, or something went really sideways for reasons that are entirely beyond me.

jake85

Aug 7, 2018
uhmmm how do i set this game to full screen or at least a larger window ?
u can change the Game.ini
to look like this:
[Game]
Library=System\RGSS301.dll
Scripts=Data\Scripts.rvdata2
Title=Maids & Masters
[Fullscreen++]
Fullscreen=0
FullscreenRatio=1
WindowedRatio=0

jake85

Aug 7, 2018
there is a bug if you travel to the "Ruined Estate" with fast travel instead of through the wild.... u can move but dont see the char and cant escape.

Last edited:

jake85

Aug 7, 2018
Thanks for the previous answers,
*I understand that the character of your group is impregnated? (are there comments on it?)
*Regarding the levels, use only an online editor where I change the value from 6 to 26, what happens is that the dynamics of returning to heal me all the time is not fun.
*I'm in the chain about going to some swamps, I met a maid, can she be recruited or is it not implemented yet? In this chain, am I missing any suggestions? I came to a church but I'm going around in circles ...
i choose no option at all (escape key) because every option ends with bad end and it works (she tells she needs spare cloths)

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes