hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
there is a bug if you travel to the "Ruined Estate" with fast travel instead of through the wild.... u can move but dont see the char and cant escape.
Thanks for calling that out! Fixed for the next release.

I encountered the same thing in a different spot during playtesting; the character and the camera get desynched. If you move around enough, it should synch back up eventually.

jake85

Aug 7, 2018
Thanks for calling that out! Fixed for the next release.

I encountered the same thing in a different spot during playtesting; the character and the camera get desynched. If you move around enough, it should synch back up eventually.
u are welcome btw i found another one even if you repair with cash or material the stone of the ruined estate and go to the trader you still get the same message back in your mansion (on the table)

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
u are welcome btw i found another one even if you repair with cash or material the stone of the ruined estate and go to the trader you still get the same message back in your mansion (on the table)
Looks like there's a missing switch. Fixed for the next release. Thanks again!

For future reference, you'll need to talk to the trader again once the next release is out for that switch to trigger. After talking to him again, the Quest Tracking will correct itself.

Feb 25, 2018
Does someone have any tips for the trophies after the 6 one ? I got all until the six and wanted to know if I can lose something ?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Does someone have any tips for the trophies after the 6 one ? I got all until the six and wanted to know if I can lose something ?
Trophies 7-12 aren't missable, if that's what you're worried about. The only trophies that can be missed and not earned later on so far are Ratslayer (Trophy 2) and Cumhaill Undertaker (Trophy 4). The rest can be found at any point (though Trophy 12 can only be done while the Haunt is on, which is currently limited, but there will be ways to revisit seasons later in development).

As far as hints, 7 and 8 are both near Viridius, and all they require is a bit of persistence once you're in the right spot. I might have them reversed, but 9 is about books and 10 is about Ventire (or vice versa). 11 you'll get by accident if you're thorough enough about side quests, and 12 is a puzzle in Fekhacht. 11 and 12 I believe you need to finish the main story in the swamps first.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Got a ZeroDivision Error in the tower after defending the first skeletton on 2nd floor.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Heck.

That's the one bug I'm aware of, but despite all my digging, I have no idea how to fix it. When I was testing various fixes, I could never reliably trigger the error, so any implemented fixes seemed to make the error less common, but never seemed to truly fix it. It's extremely frustrating. Sorry you had to deal with it.

To the best of my knowledge, this particular instance is a calculation error with the VX Ace system. I couldn't reproduce it, and if my understanding is correct, it shouldn't happen again if you get back to that same spot. If it does, let me know and I'll dig around more. I appreciate you letting me know.

0verlord

Jun 22, 2017
It looks like I can reproduce that error... I tried walking away and coming back, but that did not help.

I attached the save file, you just have to walk up the stairs and defeat the skeletons and you should get the error instantly.
Maybe it's because that skeleton instantly attacks me on the stairs which would teleport me down when I get out of combat?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
It looks like I can reproduce that error... I tried walking away and coming back, but that did not help.

I attached the save file, you just have to walk up the stairs and defeat the skeletons and you should get the error instantly.
Maybe it's because that skeleton instantly attacks me on the stairs which would teleport me down when I get out of combat?
It took a bit of digging to figure it out, but it was happening because multiple events were triggering. It's not because you start on the square as the transfer for the stairs, but because of a sequencing error. Every combat event on the floor was trying to fire at the same time.

Just for completeness and posterity, it turns out the root cause of the problem was conceding to the skeletons. Fixing that sequencing error fixed the rest of the bug, but obviously it won't be fixed in the old build. v0.5 is already out for supporters, so this fix won't be implemented until v0.5.1, but it is fixed on the back end now. I've got some small things I want to fit in sooner rather than later anyway, so that shouldn't take more than a week or two after v0.5 goes public.

In the mean time, attached is a fixed save file. I double and triple tested that it's fixed now in the v0.4.2 build I had lying around as well as v0.5, so it should work fine if you're in v0.4.3. Be aware that since the error still exists in the older builds, if you concede to the skeletons the error will occur again, and if more than one is left on the floor, you'll get the "divide by 0" error again when you go back up the stairs. You might also notice your gear got changed around a bit, but that's mostly because you had a bunch of tier 2 equipment laying around and I got tired of fighting the same skeletons after the 8th go around and wanted to kill them faster.

Thank you for sharing your save file and for your patience through this. As an extra show of appreciation, I went back and got you Trophy 1, got you the bonus accessory out of the talking bush, as well as healed your party before putting you in the exact same spot you originally saved in.

jackejohnson

Jan 26, 2021
Thanks to the Dev for a fun and original game. Any tips on beating the Ambrose maid who seems to have unlimited healing powers. I have completed all the village quests and Melisa is level 4 and Phoebe level 5. I cannot see how many hi points the enemy has so don't even know if I am getting close

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thanks to the Dev for a fun and original game. Any tips on beating the Ambrose maid who seems to have unlimited healing powers. I have completed all the village quests and Melisa is level 4 and Phoebe level 5. I cannot see how many hi points the enemy has so don't even know if I am getting close
Phoebe has a skill that inflicts silence.

A hint in general is to make sure you're using your skills in combat. The fight with Archibald's Maid is intended to show how big of a difference using your skills and stacking buffs compared to only auto-attacking everything can make.

And you're welcome! I'm glad you like the game!

rdsxn

Sep 16, 2017
hreserves

Came across a couple fairly significant bugs, I think, both related to going to Cumhail during the Freeze:

First, I can't seem to get back into the estate; I get this message when I try. Note that I had Melissa with me at the time, though I'm not sure that matters.
1640977705937.png

Second, going into the storehouse seems to trap you inside. I get this message when trying to leave:
1640977893862.png
Not sure if there's anything I'm actually supposed to do in the storehouse, but I tried interacting with everything and nothing seems to trigger.

I've also attached saves that should reproduce the issue.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
That dude looks like Napoleon from RE4.
Hey now, that's not nice. Salazar is a Castellan, he deserves at least a little respect.

hreserves

Came across a couple fairly significant bugs, I think, both related to going to Cumhail during the Freeze:

First, I can't seem to get back into the estate; I get this message when I try. Note that I had Melissa with me at the time, though I'm not sure that matters.

Second, going into the storehouse seems to trap you inside. I get this message when trying to leave:

Not sure if there's anything I'm actually supposed to do in the storehouse, but I tried interacting with everything and nothing seems to trigger.

I've also attached saves that should reproduce the issue.
That happens when a specific switch is turned on. Which Maid you have with you can matter during this update, so that narrows things down quite a bit, but that switch should only turn on during specific events. I'm guessing what happened is you left for Cumhaill with Melissa, went back to the Estate, and said Yes when she asked about walking around, which flipped that switch with you on the wrong side of the gate. Going into any of the buildings in Cumhaill at that point would cause the bug to lock you inside the building because that switch is on, it's not specific to the storehouse (and you're correct in thinking there's nothing to do there).

If that's accurate to what you were doing, that's super easy to fix (and is now fixed for v0.5.1). If that's not accurate, please let me know what you were doing just before this so I can narrow my search down further. I couldn't find anything else that would flip the switch on that doesn't also force the switch to turn off before you can go anywhere.

For now, attached is a fixed version of your save. As a thank you, I went ahead and got Trophy 1 for you, got you the bonus equipment out of the Freeze version of the garden maze, and left you next to the location of Trophy 3. If the bug occurs again, leave the Estate, make sure you select "No" when Melissa asks about walking around, and go over to the extreme left. Her location will also be bugged out, so she'll be hiding behind a tree in the bottom left corner of the map, and you can choose "Leave" then "Yes" when talking to her to turn the switch back off.

rdsxn

Sep 16, 2017
Hey now, that's not nice. Salazar is a Castellan, he deserves at least a little respect.

That happens when a specific switch is turned on. Which Maid you have with you can matter during this update, so that narrows things down quite a bit, but that switch should only turn on during specific events. I'm guessing what happened is you left for Cumhaill with Melissa, went back to the Estate, and said Yes when she asked about walking around, which flipped that switch with you on the wrong side of the gate. Going into any of the buildings in Cumhaill at that point would cause the bug to lock you inside the building because that switch is on, it's not specific to the storehouse (and you're correct in thinking there's nothing to do there).

If that's accurate to what you were doing, that's super easy to fix (and is now fixed for v0.5.1). If that's not accurate, please let me know what you were doing just before this so I can narrow my search down further. I couldn't find anything else that would flip the switch on that doesn't also force the switch to turn off before you can go anywhere.

For now, attached is a fixed version of your save. As a thank you, I went ahead and got Trophy 1 for you, got you the bonus equipment out of the Freeze version of the garden maze, and left you next to the location of Trophy 3. If the bug occurs again, leave the Estate, make sure you select "No" when Melissa asks about walking around, and go over to the extreme left. Her location will also be bugged out, so she'll be hiding behind a tree in the bottom left corner of the map, and you can choose "Leave" then "Yes" when talking to her to turn the switch back off.
Yeah, that's exactly what I did. Good to hear that it's an easy fix. Thanks!

jackejohnson

Jan 26, 2021
Phoebe has a skill that inflicts silence.

A hint in general is to make sure you're using your skills in combat. The fight with Archibald's Maid is intended to show how big of a difference using your skills and stacking buffs compared to only auto-attacking everything can make.

And you're welcome! I'm glad you like the game!
Worked brilliantly. Thanks and Happy New Year

DracZ

Feb 28, 2020
I also got that "I still got stuff to do..." bug, but during the winter, I'm trapped in the manor grounds and can't enter the manor, nor leave to the town.

I had the date with Alice, but instead of going back in when she proposed a bath I went into the guest house with her, now I'm stuck :/

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Yeah, that's exactly what I did. Good to hear that it's an easy fix. Thanks!
Cool deal. You're welcome!

Worked brilliantly. Thanks and Happy New Year
You're welcome! Happy New Year!

OK, I'm at a loss. Where can Quinn be found/recruited?
She's in the region map of the east swamps.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nice.

I also got that "I still got stuff to do..." bug, but during the winter, I'm trapped in the manor grounds and can't enter the manor, nor leave to the town.

I had the date with Alice, but instead of going back in when she proposed a bath I went into the guest house with her, now I'm stuck :/
Well, that's embarrassing. Apparently I never put in an option to make Alice stop playing in the snow. Sorry about that.

Fixed for the next build, and attached is a fixed save file. I'd have gone to get you Trophy 1, but doing so would've meant skipping through the rest of Alice's event. I did go ahead and get you the bonus equipment out of the garden maze before putting you back where you were, though. Just make sure to either hit cancel or select Move On when you load the save, or it'll bug out again.

Reactions: DracZ
3.80 star(s) 12 Votes