mullovergem

May 17, 2018
Censored because the :KappaPride: translator doesn't like a gamer-word :eek: been used repeatedly in the game and is fine with going Crunchyroll levels of mistranslating the dialogue to accommodate it to their own liking more. :censored:
referencing crunchyroll in 2024 is definitely lamer than whatever you're on about

Reactions: werlvozhgf

mullovergem

May 17, 2018
i'm sorry, how is referencing a company known for censoring their translations when talking about someone who has censored their translation lame? or are you just one of those people who can't stand people who talk shit about the people who censor translations?
for any given anime you can easily find a handful to dozens of fansubs online. i don't see why you would care what crunchyroll is doing unless you're using their service. also, if a translator softens some language without changing intent i think 9 times out of 10 it's not a big deal. translation is all about making compromises anyway, so what makes that a bigger issue than their choice of phrase for translating "ganbatte"?

alandria2236

Feb 16, 2019
for any given anime you can easily find a handful to dozens of fansubs online. i don't see why you would care what crunchyroll is doing unless you're using their service. also, if a translator softens some language without changing intent i think 9 times out of 10 it's not a big deal. translation is all about making compromises anyway, so what makes that a bigger issue than their choice of phrase for translating "ganbatte"?
"if a translator softens some language without changing intent i think 9 times out of 10 it's not a big deal."

How much more disingenuous can you be? Changing the intent and narrative is exactly what they're doing by 'softening' the language. To you I say ganbatte. good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Masked Rider EROS
2.50 star(s) 19 Votes