RPGM Abandoned Malise And The Machine [v0.0511] [Eromancer]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

censuur

Oct 15, 2017
Yea that was very much not the intention, it was an example not a topic, trying to disassemble the example just detracts from the conversation. Regardless, it was a game that blatantly lied about what it was and tried to be, from the developer specifically stating your choices matter to them saying it wouldn't be "choose your ending" type of deal, which it was. Setting that one example aside there are many cases of this happening, Spore, No Man's Sky (arguably not AAA but certainly advertised to that effect) Anything by Peter Molyneux etc. Enough indication at least, to wipe out the notion that AAA games are never scams, when they quite frequently are.

At the end of the day though, regardless of what you believe MatM to be, you'd be a fool to give them any money without realizing you're going to be waiting years for a product if it ever does pan out. Gambling with your disposable income is fine, just be aware of what you're doing and who you're supporting, MatM has a dev cycle not unlike Duke Nukem Forever and that title turned out to be quite hilarious for reasons I doubt I'd need to repeat.

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
Just wondering here, has anyone on here, is in the Inner Circle, can posted a download link of the game and can update the OP as well ? I like to try what they have out currently, to see what is it about, also to see if its for me to support them on it.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Just wondering here, has anyone on here, is in the Inner Circle, can posted a download link of the game and can update the OP as well ? I like to try what they have out currently, to see what is it about, also to see if its for me to support them on it.
For what I know, there is no such build. Their inner circle posts are just about the progress of the game, not versions of the game for them to test.

dd209

Aug 2, 2017
The most "feature complete" build is the ancient 0.0511 or whatever the exact number. The game was effectively rebooted and the only content released for the past couple of years are "battle tests". As a former patron myself I advise against supporting them.

Jun 30, 2017
Lastest version is 0.0511. Aside from that there are a battle test with new graphic but......just a battle test so it don't have much feature you see in the lastest version. Inner Circle post is post about their progress on the game. Well it is depend on your vision if you want to support them or not, but i advise you not support them right now, wait and see.

Reactions: Danlorn

KoroG90

Mar 26, 2018
It's a damn shame, this game looked REALLY good from all the stuff they showed-_- I was really looking forward to this, money can be a dangerous thing.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
It's a damn shame, this game looked REALLY good from all the stuff they showed:noexpression: I was really looking forward to this, money can be a dangerous thing.
In my experience, when too much money enter in something we love, the love is corrupted by the money, and in the end, the money rules. Example, Soccer, we were proud in Brazil of it, now most of our good players aren't even playing here, there is no love for their teams. Another one Games, AAA the games of the big companies we loved, now are just a bunch anti consumer practices trying to milk every single cent of our pockets, you don't need to look further than EA. Another one, Youtube. Once a great place, now they want as much content as possible to keep our eyeballs there and encourages less polished videos made everyday, good elaborated videos will soon be something of the past.

Yes, money can make things really better, but when there is too much, the love goes away together with what we loved in the first place.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Oh... Boob physics... For a game with low budget using pre-rendered sprites DK style. Will there even be an place in which this can be shown? This is pre-rendered, it's easier to simply have bones on the boobs and change them when posing. These guys should be working on Yiffalicious, they are the guys working in a engine that do this kind of stuff.

KoroG90

Mar 26, 2018
Oh... Boob physics... For a game with low budget using pre-rendered sprites DK style. Will there even be an place in which this can be shown? This is pre-rendered, it's easier to simply have bones on the boobs and change them when posing. These guys should be working on Yiffalicious, they are the guys working in a engine that do this kind of stuff.
That's the thing though, as much as my hope is fading that this'll ever get released; you really can't say that's it low budget because it's an rpg maker game(or some Frankenstein thing since it uses a whole bunch of stuff and a custom engine) This looks to be more on the lines of an actual game game that just looks like an rpgm game. Should this get released, it'll blow indie rpgm games out of the water.

CouchPillow

Aug 6, 2016
At this rate with the animation tests and everything else they may as well ditch RPGMaker and make this into a 3d unity game. Otherwise they're wasting their efforts with an engine like RPGMaker.

Aug 16, 2016
At this rate with the animation tests and everything else they may as well ditch RPGMaker and make this into a 3d unity game. Otherwise they're wasting their efforts with an engine like RPGMaker.
They are already developing their own rpgmaker like engine.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
For what they are doing, it would have been SO MUCH EASIER doing it in Unity directly, especially since they say they remade the game (even tho the interface and functionalities are the exact same).

And thats probably the thing, that they would remove one of their excuses that was "BUT DOOD WE REMADE RPGM FROM THE GROUND UP FOR THIS1111!!!!1!!!!oneoneone!!!"

Jun 30, 2017
For what they are doing, it would have been SO MUCH EASIER doing it in Unity directly, especially since they say they remade the game (even tho the interface and functionalities are the exact same).

And thats probably the thing, that they would remove one of their excuses that was "BUT DOOD WE REMADE RPGM FROM THE GROUND UP FOR THIS1111!!!!1!!!!oneoneone!!!"
it isn't so simple like: well just use unity then

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes