RPGM Abandoned Malise And The Machine [v0.0511] [Eromancer]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
how do you get this outfit for malise or is not available in this version
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Afaik it is in none of the versions that got released so far, only in screenshots and on the pdf for 5$ Patreons that includes all the artworks etc. until the latest released version.

To cover off the 3D side, what they have done is moved too professional tools. In really simple terms Maya is a better version of Daz, Redshift a better render engine than Iray, and ZBrush a better modelling tool than Blender. All of them come will annual license costs, maybe $3k in total (unless they are students).

Are they wasting their time? Workflow wise it seems slightly better, on the basis that the export from Daz to Maya works nicely and the rendering time is reduced 50%. From what they saying it looks like they have dealt with all the key issues in making it work, but they have not tested it in quantity (say rendering 100 images). So if they hit issues with posing in Maya, then you have to pose in Daz, then export to Maya, which will probably defeat the time saving. My view is that I'm technically impressed, and I'm optimistic that it will work.
This doesn't sound half bad. I am still very skeptical about their progress and if all this is really necessary, but seeing your statement as someone who has actual knowledge about this kind of stuff i will give them the benefit of the doubt.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
To cover off the 3D side, what they have done is moved too professional tools. In really simple terms Maya is a better version of Daz, Redshift a better render engine than Iray, and ZBrush a better modelling tool than Blender. All of them come will annual license costs, maybe $3k in total (unless they are students).
Only Maya requires an annual licensing.
Redshift is not a better engine than Iray. And ZBrush is no modeling tool, it's for sculpting.

Reactions: bigpenniser
Oct 16, 2017
The ULMF forum closed thread about MatM in 2017 because there were no more content to talk about.
In Fact, Year later there is nothing to talk about.
So mods closed discussion because it started to take form of people trolling each other out of frustration or just defending Developer. The latter was frustrating people even more.
In short, thread was closed to prevent an eruption of Autism.
This is incorrect. The ulmf thread was closed because Eromancer himself asked a mod to close it, after people called him out about the lack of progress and keeping the public in the dark on this game.

nobody_666

Feb 27, 2018
If there is still somebody here trying to play this game and has problem with Fuse puzzle. I found some advices here but i think its better to write more foolproof solution:

First computer is in small area with A doors - u insert Fuse to A circuit - it opens A doors, u enter them.

U appear in section called B5 Aris Unit Chamber (thats how its called in your saves), u can repair your armor here and change weapons, armors etc if u have any. U continue to the right. U appear in section w/o computers than u go right to next section (called B5 Hub) where u find 2 computers and little down are 2 B doors and 1 C door. For both computers here u insert Fuse to B circuit and u continue to the right to another section (called B5 East 1) with 2 computers and again for both of them u insert Fuse to B circuit (so now we have 4 computers with B circuit). U return to B5 Hub section and voila - down left B door is opened.

U enter them and u appear in blind section with 2 computers - for both of them u insert Fuse to C circuit. U return to B5 Hub section. U reset both computers here and insert Fuse to C circuit for both of them (btw it will block B door in this section we previously used to enter blind section, so u must do it exactly in this order). U will do same for those 2 computers in B5 East 1 section which is just right from here (so now we have 6 computers with C circuit). Now we have access to C door and another part of game.

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Nothing new since the last update i posted, there are two updates for inner circle member though.

I am not willing to pay more than 3$ per month, i still have high (maybe foolish) hopes for this game however.

Reactions: Danlorn and arsuzsm

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Nothing new since the last update i posted, there are two updates for inner circle member though.

I am not willing to pay more than 3$ per month, i still have high (maybe foolish) hopes for this game however.
They might be foolish, but I must say, Those graphics (The new screenshot) are beautiful, AAA PS4 level.

TurboBooster

Jul 23, 2018
I completed to what i know so far of the game and started to look at games files for anything i missed and i found these
I dont remember seeing these enemies or background
are they just unreleased assets or did i miss something or have i not finished it

napala

Jun 12, 2017
I completed to what i know so far of the game and started to look at games files for anything i missed and i found these
I dont remember seeing these enemies or background
are they just unreleased assets or did i miss something or have i not finished it
The first five and the second-to-last one are from versions 0.02 and 0.03, these take place in the streets and have these Splicers as enemies, with that big robot as the boss. The last image is from the 0.01 demo I think. The alternate Malise outfit is just there as concept, you can't get it in any way.

censuur

Oct 15, 2017
There's one major requirement for something to qualify as AAA product - not being a scam project ;)
You sure about that? I could name quite a few AAA games that were scam projects, hell if you ignore marketing or somehow believe lying in it is fine then you might have a point, but plenty of AAA games end up being scams, ME3 is probably the most well-known one, but it's hardly the exception.

Reactions: bigpenniser

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
You sure about that? I could name quite a few AAA games that were scam projects, hell if you ignore marketing or somehow believe lying in it is fine then you might have a point, but plenty of AAA games end up being scams, ME3 is probably the most well-known one, but it's hardly the exception.
I wouldnt honestly call ME3 a scam, it was just trash.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Absolutely not. I have never heard of an AAA project that consists of one guy learning various 3D software under the disguise of a game development.
Also, ME3? Really? There was some controversy over the ending, but it was actually a very good game. The genophage quest line was spectacular.

btftw

Dec 20, 2017
Absolutely not. I have never heard of an AAA project that consists of one guy learning various 3D software under the disguise of a game development.
Also, ME3? Really? There was some controversy over the ending, but it was actually a very good game. The genophage quest line was spectacular.
Genophage quest was not my favorite, but a part from the ending, I've also liked the gameplay ME3 offered.
It was like the best of ME1 and ME2 combined, and far more interesting than Andromeda...

But its hard to compare MatM and ME universe due to the huge team that was working behind the game in both development and marketing.

Only time will tell if this project is really a scam or postponed masterpiece.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes