RPGM Abandoned Malise And The Machine [v0.0511] [Eromancer]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
uhm its pretty much guaranteed that this game will be abandoned when they become billionaires

Grifter

Feb 1, 2018
Well, when you pull a stunt like this shit happens. What is a pity is that people didnt stop supporting them earlier

J103

Sep 22, 2016
Every time I see this thread I'm surprised this game is still not considered 'Abandoned' considering it hasn't been updated in more than 2 years. Sure the dev still posts Patreon updates but they haven't touched the game in a very long time.

hawkhunter

Aug 10, 2017
Every time I see this thread I'm surprised this game is still not considered 'Abandoned' considering it hasn't been updated in more than 2 years. Sure the dev still posts Patreon updates but they haven't touched the game in a very long time.
I know I might move on thin ice with my coming statement but It´s very similiar in my eyes when you can say the same about believing in god.
There are hints of it existing (which also all come from humans) but no proof for it and you canot actually contact or interact with that "thing". Some take it as given (the remaining patrons in our case) and others believe in the seemingly obvious.

So same goes for this game. By pure logic the state of the game is abandoned but you can´t technically lock it in until the maker declares it like that.

Cuadrao

Sep 18, 2018
I know I might move on thin ice with my coming statement but It´s very similiar in my eyes when you can say the same about believing in god.
There are hints of it existing (which also all come from humans) but no proof for it and you canot actually contact or interact with that "thing". Some take it as given (the remaining patrons in our case) and others believe in the seemingly obvious.

So same goes for this game. By pure logic the state of the game is abandoned but you can´t technically lock it in until the maker declares it like that.
I think what everyone here is saying it's not that the game WILL be abandoned, but that the devs put away their focus on their ''main'' game just to make the sidescroller game they are developing right now INSTEAD of finishing the game they were doing initially.
I dont have anything against devs in general but they really should focus on ONE PROJECT AT THE TIME. (Sorry if my english is bad)

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
I think what everyone here is saying it's not that the game WILL be abandoned, but that the devs put away their focus on their ''main'' game just to make the sidescroller game they are developing right now INSTEAD of finishing the game they were doing initially.
I dont have anything against devs in general but they really should focus on ONE PROJECT AT THE TIME. (Sorry if my english is bad)
You should probably have something against devs that take 6 years to put a game on hold only to start another one that hasnt given anything out in more than 6 months.

Cuadrao

Sep 18, 2018
You should probably have something against devs that take 6 years to put a game on hold only to start another one that hasnt given anything out in more than 6 months.
I mean, i would have, if i ever supported them on patreon (which i didn't and i won't).

U

User_298516

Anyone still got access to the inner circle stuff? I mean, it's obvious why you wouldn't, but it seems they've posted quite a bit recently.

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017
What the actual fuck, why are they making another game when they haven't even finished let alone haven't had a substantial update to their fucking game?

Litoningu

Oct 1, 2018
What the actual fuck, why are they making another game when they haven't even finished let alone haven't had a substantial update to their fucking game?
They said to be in needed of 'quick money' to 'fund' their 'main project' even further more so they decide to 'cooked up a sub project' in hope that it'll finish quicker than 'main' one and sell the as quick cash.

Not sure how fast their 'quick' is defined and how far ambitious they become to the point that derailed their own plan to have another project stuck in between them for have said project funding the fisrt one even more. Maybe they plan to 'remake' their engine a few more time instead of finish the goddamn thing and sell it :ROFLMAO:

smick

Dec 29, 2017
I love how they removed the "If you pledge a total of 20$ throughout the project you will receive the full uncensored copy of the game when it's finished"... i mean not that they are finishing it anytime soon but still its bizarre that nobody noticed that :D

Also i wonder how their "2nd project" is going on. It was suppose to be fast and "fund" their first. But do not worry! If they're stuck on it they will just make a 3rd project to fund the 2nd. Sounds like a wonderful idea to me :D:D

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
I love how they removed the "If you pledge a total of 20$ throughout the project you will receive the full uncensored copy of the game when it's finished"... i mean not that they are finishing it anytime soon but still its bizarre that nobody noticed that :D

Also i wonder how their "2nd project" is going on. It was suppose to be fast and "fund" their first. But do not worry! If they're stuck on it they will just make a 3rd project to fund the 2nd. Sounds like a wonderful idea to me :D:D
Oh no people did notice. The thing is that they removed that years ago

They did say that the people that already got that offer would still get it, but since they are not going to finish the game ever I guess they lied.

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
How many patrons have they lost so far?
I would hope a lot if they(supporters) were reasonably intelligent enough. I don't remember how many they had prior before I stopped supporting(year or so ago,) but I think it was over 1,000 at time. Not sure how high, probably more as I think they were making 5-7K off this monthly back then and still were stuck on 511. I dunno exact numbers, maybe people mentioned their earnings way earlier in posts here. Probably have to check pages to get rough estimate and guesstimate of former supporters.

But this does need either an Abandoned Tag or OnHold tag.

btftw

Dec 20, 2017
Well do those who wonder it how his patreons/earnings has changed over the years, the following link will be quite informative:

You can adjust the time period, generally the trend is downwards which if it doesn't change it will take them about 2-3 or more years to reach the bottom.

The sad things is that the MatM project of Scamancer was looking quite good few years ago and it is a pity that they didn't completed it on w/e platform.
As for the new project it's not even an Adult game... only fighting without any other content, besides the wallpaper.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes