RPGM Abandoned Malise And The Machine [v0.0511] [Eromancer]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

J0J0_s1n1st4r

Dec 24, 2017
As for the new project it's not even an Adult game... only fighting without any other content, besides the wallpaper.
You can't be serious. Is this really their "quick cash plan"? How do they expect their already disillusioned (and dwindling) fanbase to give money to a side project they will get nothing out of when they have already been paying for several years for the main project that will likely never happen?

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
they still have 900+ patreon? (according to graph, maybe im stupid idk) damn i wish i can con people like they do :p

GallowMorok

Jan 8, 2018
If it makes you feel any better that's about 600 less than their height, after which the project immediately went into free fall losing about $7,000 in monthly pledges in 4 months and settling into the downward trend it's in now.

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017
Well do those who wonder it how his patreons/earnings has changed over the years, the following link will be quite informative:

You can adjust the time period, generally the trend is downwards which if it doesn't change it will take them about 2-3 or more years to reach the bottom.

The sad things is that the MatM project of Scamancer was looking quite good few years ago and it is a pity that they didn't completed it on w/e platform.
As for the new project it's not even an Adult game... only fighting without any other content, besides the wallpaper.
Seriously I hope the whole 900 patrons get smart and drop them.

ShiroFallen

Jul 7, 2017
I hope they finish the game and turn out to not be a scam. But, that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Which makes me sad. This is one of the few games I'm looking forward to. It's easly the one with the best graphics. (And I do mean acrost all game catagories not just adult games.)

Nobby

Nov 15, 2017
I don't expect at all for anything complete to ever come out of these guys, but the stuff they DID make was pretty banging. I'm not willing to touch the Patreon with a 10 foot pole at this point, but I'm not gonna lie and say that an update for M&tM wouldn't excite the shit outta me.

OriginalSin

Sep 26, 2017
I don't expect at all for anything complete to ever come out of these guys, but the stuff they DID make was pretty banging. I'm not willing to touch the Patreon with a 10 foot pole at this point, but I'm not gonna lie and say that an update for M&tM wouldn't excite the shit outta me.
Yeah, if what we had was 10% of a completed game, I'd happily have paid around $30 for it. I've purchased from DLsite and the like solely to support artists I liked, even if their work was available to download from torrents/sharing sites.

But pledging to this is burning your money, and even if they managed to turn it around and put out a product, i think the trust is no longer there for a lot of people.

Reactions: Snufkin

Arrngrim

Oct 22, 2017
Wow, how is this creator still getting almost $5k/month for literally doing nothing? I mean, when was the last official update? Minor update over a year ago and major about 2.5 years ago? Just, wow man, this blows my mind. They're scam artists, how do people not see that? And what's this Pure Onyx thing? Ugh...I just can't even...at this point I'd love to see some other creators literally steal all their assets and finish MatM, just to see Eromancer get pissed about it. If you can't spend all your time making a freaking hentai game for let's say $60k+ USD a year (which is below what they were up to at one point...) you don't need to be making said game. Pure scam.

And these forums are about the only place we can discuss this w/o Eromancer charging in demanding threads get locked and posts removed...gotta hide the evidence ya'll!

/rant off

Reactions: Cuadrao and Aazkaal

BluWorm

Aug 9, 2017
Well.. yeaa of course it's a scam, it was good and it had an interesting concept... so of course it had to be one of those bait & Switch cons. Nothing stays good in this world.

Reactions: tayden23

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
I recall it was Eromancer's sad side-kick who did most of the damage control. What a pitiful creature.

Nobby

Nov 15, 2017
The trick is to spend a couple years making a really good looking prologue. Write it off as a small amount of work for you, and create the appearance that you can make similar content in a relatively reasonable time-frame. You just bankrolled yourself for years.

CouchPillow

Aug 6, 2016
The trick is to spend a couple years making a really good looking prologue. Write it off as a small amount of work for you, and create the appearance that you can make similar content in a relatively reasonable time-frame. You just bankrolled yourself for years.
Guys I found Eromancer!

kekman

Apr 15, 2018
No one probably looks at this feed anymore, but does anyone have any of the old versions of the game
preferably when it looked like the trailer.

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
No one probably looks at this feed anymore, but does anyone have any of the old versions of the game
preferably when it looked like the trailer.
I have the old 0.03 version, if that's what you mean. I had the 0.035 too, but it wont work anymore for some reasons.

Edit:
(first time uploading, so tell me if something's wrong)

Last edited:
Reactions: Krull and Arrngrim

kekman

Apr 15, 2018
I have the old 0.03 version, if that's what you mean. I had the 0.035 too, but it wont work anymore for some reasons.

Edit:
(first time uploading, so tell me if something's wrong)
Thanks for the 3.0 version, im going to start building a mega list. So if anyone has the 4.0 version or any others feel free to post the links for them

Reactions: Mister Wake

Arrngrim

Oct 22, 2017
Here are links to pretty much all of the released versions of their "game" that I had saved over the many years they worked on this "project":

Version 0.03 - <dead link removed>
Version 0.035 - <dead link removed>
Version 0.041 (with 0.042 patch) - <dead link removed>
Version 0.043 - <dead link removed>
Version 0.045 - <dead link removed>
Version 0.05 - <dead link removed>
Version 0.051 - <dead link removed>
Misc Content from Patreon Rewards - <dead link removed>

Edit - Removed dead MEGA links (mega sucks now), left version list up for those looking for these files in case they want to know what was once available.

Last edited:

Mickeysofine

Nov 17, 2017
0.3 was pretty different to most recent version. What does the 0.04 version have that the most recent one doesn't?

Arrngrim

Oct 22, 2017
Oh man, I don't even know if I could tell you at this point, I hadn't played any of these versions in years. I know v0.035 is when it had the boss tentacle fight where you had a nice scene when you won the fight. So I think that was when they changed it from 0.3 which had the above ground section. I think 0.035 also had a real funky "puzzle" that people hated so they removed that in v0.04. I could be getting this all wrong though, it's been years.

Edit - Oh yeah, v0.03 also had some of the only game over endings I think, with the robot dude and depending on who died last it would play a scene. Then there were the humans that would catch you in v0.03. All of that got removed from the following versions, probably to be added later in the game in theory, but yeah...we all know how that plan went.

And yeah, I'd view this project as abandoned at this point, having something "on-hold" for over a year is...sketchy. Plus they've already moved on to another project, lulz...

Still, it's crazy how much money they are still getting regardless.

And y'know, I thought about this last night while uploading this stuff, but...they had a REAL easy job here. I mean, there are ZERO animation scenes. All this game is...is CG (and very little of it) wrapped around a clunky battle system. Just, wow man... /rant off

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes