• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

RPGM Abandoned Malise And The Machine [v0.0511] [Eromancer]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
I just remembered this game...so now that it's abandoned, what exactly did they end up producing? Any preg or tentacles?

Paralatae

May 15, 2019
how come noone has taken the models and produced a fan mad continuation of this game? I whould love to see a fan continue this since it has great potential just shit developers
well from what i understand, the files are encrypted in some weird way that makes it very hard or impossible (to my knowledge) to unpack and examine (a shame cause i'd love to know what plugins and scripts they used to make the combat system). plus i have a feeling the devs would do anything to fuck over someone using their assets. Though, it would extremely funny to see some randoms online produce more meaningful content in a fraction of the time.

It's likely more compelling for an aspiring game dev to use their own characters and setting, or at least their own spin at an existing mainstream IP, rather than taking what a fellow "dev" has already created themselves. The setting and gameplay of MATM could've been great, amazing even, they're not bad ideas and I hope other people make similar stuff, and hopefully finish them.

DXM3191

May 23, 2017
well from what i understand, the files are encrypted in some weird way that makes it very hard or impossible (to my knowledge) to unpack and examine (a shame cause i'd love to know what plugins and scripts they used to make the combat system). plus i have a feeling the devs would do anything to fuck over someone using their assets. Though, it would extremely funny to see some randoms online produce more meaningful content in a fraction of the time.

It's likely more compelling for an aspiring game dev to use their own characters and setting, or at least their own spin at an existing mainstream IP, rather than taking what a fellow "dev" has already created themselves. The setting and gameplay of MATM could've been great, amazing even, they're not bad ideas and I hope other people make similar stuff, and hopefully finish them.
Yeah, but knowing this dev he would sue anyone trying to resurrect a similar project

Reactions: f9account

Imprimis

Feb 11, 2019

Old post but as I only just saw it, what was the problem with the files exactly? I just unpacked it fine without troubles at all, has all the assets (graphics, audio) and a bunch of EDF files, is it those thats encrypted? Never used the game engine myself, not sure whats supposed to in there.

Reactions: f9account

OriginalSin

Sep 26, 2017
Yeah, i've never heard anything about encryption but I did read somewhere they have some modifications to rpgmaker to utilize the art assets or something along those lines.

Q'own Son

May 16, 2018
Old post but as I only just saw it, what was the problem with the files exactly? I just unpacked it fine without troubles at all, has all the assets (graphics, audio) and a bunch of EDF files, is it those thats encrypted? Never used the game engine myself, not sure whats supposed to in there.
Whoa upload 'em please!

Excelent

Nov 18, 2017
Idk bro even after all these years with no update I believe Malise to be hotter than Neon still. Idk it's just me

jintoya

Aug 5, 2018
after years, i remembered this neat game and went "fuck...wonder how that game is doing." and...abandoned.
what is with all of these games that have so much promise just getting dumped for inferior games that will also get dumped?

jintoya

Aug 5, 2018
Technically speaking it hasn't been abandoned yet, it was put on hold to make another game Pure Onyx, but at they rate they're working you probably wont see it for another decade if your lucky
well, yes, but i hardly see the difference at that point...by then other people will have put out games that both outperform it in every way, but also the technology and applications of said technology will be so far and away from this game by that point that i cant really think of many reasons to go back and play it.

it will be serviceable, sure...but by that point we might have people handily making things three times as good, in half the time.

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
how come noone has taken the models and produced a fan mad continuation of this game? I whould love to see a fan continue this since it has great potential just shit developers

Just a note from me if i may. These models are literally casual models from store that everyone can buy.
i even had a link to hair/body of these models (lost it and have no idea where it is).

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes