Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
This sounds like a configuration or driver problem to me. Recently we got a few people with Gaming Laptops and AMD Graphics Card, who had problems to play the game.

Pls. share more information about your System etc.
I have Lenovo G510, core i7-4700 cpu 2.40ghz, 6gt ram, intel hd graphics 4600

BiggusDikkus

Jan 5, 2018
I have searched for any help on this but I can't seem to run the animations. Linux Mint 19.1 via WINE.

BiggusDikkus

Jan 5, 2018
Did you install quartz, devenum and ffdshow or K-lite codec pack? Are you familiar with terminal commands?
I am familiar with using the command line. No I haven't installed any of those codec packs. I will look into it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

cold_arctus

Sep 25, 2018
I am familiar with using the command line. No I haven't installed any of those codec packs. I will look into it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
not sure about Mint but open terminal and type: [the command is for the default .wine folder, if you use a different prefix you have to use the right prefix then]

Code:
winetricks corefonts quartz devenum ffdshow

if you use a differnet wineprefix:

WINEPREFIX=~/.[your_folder] winetricks corefonts quartz devenum ffdshow
Make sure you have a 32bit prefix, because quatz no longer works in a 64bit prefix.

Afterwards use "winecfg" command and switch to tab libraries. Search for devenum, quartz and winegstreamer. Set devenum and quartz to natve and deactivate winegstreamer.

In tab graphic unmark window-decoration and allow a virtual desktop. Set the size of the virtual desktop to your preferred size.

This should be all.

BiggusDikkus

Jan 5, 2018
Did you install quartz, devenum and ffdshow or K-lite codec pack? Are you familiar with terminal commands?
I installed those codecs, followed your directions and now it locks up when the animation begins. I must have done something wrong.
I still appreciate your help though.

cold_arctus

Sep 25, 2018
I installed those codecs, followed your directions and now it locks up when the animation begins. I must have done something wrong.
have you deactivated winegstreamer? Pls post the out put of:

winetricks quartz
winetricks devenum
thanks

Nerttu

Jul 4, 2017
Why you try to play games, witch are made for windows, if you have Mac and you haven`t a glue, how to do so ???? You are not onlyone !!!! Mac`s are for WORK and PC`s are for the fun, if you catch my drift !!!! :D(y)

cold_arctus

Sep 25, 2018
Why you try to play games, witch are made for windows, if you have Mac and you haven`t a glue, how to do so ???? You are not onlyone !!!! Mac`s are for WORK and PC`s are for the fun, if you catch my drift !!!! :D(y)
Mac and Windows are for the trash bin! Let everyone use Linux and we don't have a problem anymore :LOL:

BiggusDikkus

Jan 5, 2018
Your comment doesn't help anyone, but, for the record, about 90% of the games worth playing (IMO) work just fine in Linux via WINE or Steam, or Lutris. My Linux machine has outlived 3 Microsoft OS's; XP (my favorite), W7 (2nd favorite) and W10 (the jury is still out on that one), and all the OS's , for MAC, since the first iteration of OSx. MACs, would be good platforms if they would open their architecture and put a reasonable price tag on them.

Nerttu

Jul 4, 2017
Your comment doesn't help anyone, but, for the record, about 90% of the games worth playing (IMO) work just fine in Linux via WINE or Steam, or Lutris. My Linux machine has outlived 3 Microsoft OS's; XP (my favorite), W7 (2nd favorite) and W10 (the jury is still out on that one), and all the OS's , for MAC, since the first iteration of OSx. MACs, would be good platforms if they would open their architecture and put a reasonable price tag on them.
You are right, but my point was...... if you have Mac, you should know, how to opetate with games and programs, witch are NOT designed to Mac or other OS`s !!!! As I said, imho Mac is not a GAME computer !!!! :p(y)

darkx388

Jan 7, 2019
Hey guys having an issue saving the game in general. Full disclosure I'm playing it on a mac with a windows virtual machine. It works fine, and I haven't experienced any issues aside from not being able to save the game. Getting annoying since replaying the start isn't that fun.

The message received when attempting to save is shown below, for the record I'm not using illegal characters hence my issue.

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 11.07.33 PM.png

goobdoob

Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Hey guys having an issue saving the game in general. Full disclosure I'm playing it on a mac with a windows virtual machine. It works fine, and I haven't experienced any issues aside from not being able to save the game. Getting annoying since replaying the start isn't that fun.

The message received when attempting to save is shown below, for the record I'm not using illegal characters hence my issue.

View attachment 282707
Did you extract the game, or are you playing in the archive? Don't play in the archive.
Do you have permission to write to <moth>\savegames?

Have you tried playing under Wine? That works just fine for me. Instructions are in the Installation Guide.

Kunju

Mar 18, 2018
There is a message like this when tried open the game MOH error.PNG
Any idea what can I do with this?

Gunther Hoser

Mar 7, 2019
I can't seem to message Veronica to ask her out after the sauna scene. Also her icon disappears from the game taskbar after this sauna scene..Confused:oops: