Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
BingABoop Sycho I haven't read all the posts, so you may or may not have done this already, but I would suggest:
  1. Making sure all drivers are updated.
  2. Installing/updating your video codecs.
  3. Disabling the other 2 display adapters (preferably in the bios just to make sure).
  4. And maybe keep an eye on the GPU temp, but I can't imagine it heating up from playing those animations...but you never know, the fan technically could be faulty/blocked.
  5. Same goes for monitoring your RAM or even CPU when playing the animations, it's a long shot, but might give some more insight.
My guess is that this is a problem on your side and not so much on MotH's, so aside from these suggestions, there's not much else I can think of.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
BingABoop Sycho I haven't read all the posts, so you may or may not have done this already, but I would suggest:
  1. Making sure all drivers are updated.
  2. Installing/updating your video codecs.
  3. Disabling the other 2 display adapters (preferably in the bios just to make sure).
  4. And maybe keep an eye on the GPU temp, but I can't imagine it heating up from playing those animations...but you never know, the fan technically could be faulty/blocked.
  5. Same goes for monitoring your RAM or even CPU when playing the animations, it's a long shot, but might give some more insight.
My guess is that this is a problem on your side and not so much on MotH's, so aside from these suggestions, there's not much else I can think of.
BingABoop, on top of what Faerin suggested, I'd also like to including making sure that Windows 10 has the recent updates for the OS installed. I do know of a faulty patch Microsoft released recently that caused all sorts of problems with the OS. I don't know if they fixed that problem, but I do recall one user saying he had to disable his Windows firewall in order to play. So my suggestion would be, if you don't want to leave the firewall disabled any longer than you have to, disable it long enough to try playing one of the animated scenes in MotH.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Down boy.. heel.. ;)
Gotta look that up, don't remember what that was about! Edit: Sorry, I had no prob with that.. Guess I got excited cause I normally have a prob with this game but it's my piece of shit laptop till I get other fixed up..

Last edited:

BingABoop

Jul 12, 2018
He would if I tagged him in the post, but he usually leaves the technical support for things like this to me, unless it's an issue with the game itself. I'll tag Faerin to see if he could offer any advice that I hadn't thought of.. though you did suggest a save could be the problem and that is definitely a possibility. Could you attach one of your saves? I'll load it to see if I can replicate the problem. In the meantime, I'll attach my save so you could give it a try. See if you still experience the crashing problem during the animated scenes.

I'd start with the sauna first. I've saved my game at the entrance to the sauna at the correct time you need to be there. So all you will need to do is click on the backpack, click on the "out of order" sign, click on the door to the sauna and it will trigger an animated scene between you and Veronica.

In the meantime, while I look your save over after you attach it, there's a couple of things I would like for you to try. The first of which is going into "man of the house_Data" folder, then into the StreamingAssets folder. Go into any one of the numbered folders and try playing one of the videos there to see if it plays using a standalone video player.

Another thing that I would like for you to try is redownload the . Use the default installation without selecting anything during the install. Don't worry about configuring the Tweak tool.

After you do that, try playing MotH and see if you still experience the crash.

One question I'd like to ask you is, have you experienced this problem in the past with MotH?
First time I played it was this update. I've tried your save file and it doesn't work for me either. I can open the animations in the streamassets folder and they play fine. I've already downloaded the k-lite codec thing but I'll do it again to double check. also tried disabling my firewall.
I went through the event viewer and this showed ------ The server {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Last edited:

Vergil95

Apr 9, 2019
Hey guys, the game keeps crashing every time it gets to an animated event like getting a blowjob at the beach. I tried every solution I understand (I'm no native english speaker), but it still crashes every time these events starts..
Does anyone have an idea what I can do?

GuacamoleBill

Mar 11, 2017
I stumbled into the bug during the tutorial where you can't got to bed at the end of the first day. I downloaded a clean copy of 0.9.6 to test. Still broken.

Skankinator

Dec 24, 2017
After I close out of the application, my save file disappears, is there some special process to save the game other than on the phone?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
After I close out of the application, my save file disappears, is there some special process to save the game other than on the phone?
Are you sure your save is actually there?

Open the phone, hit the down arrow, save it. Now look in the savegames folder in the game folder. Is your save there?

What is the full path to the game?

Skankinator

Dec 24, 2017
Are you sure your save is actually there?

Open the phone, hit the down arrow, save it. Now look in the savegames folder in the game folder. Is your save there?

What is the full path to the game?
I had to move the whole folder elsewhere but now everything works fine

Deleted member 173891

Aug 21, 2017
Windows users: If you are seeing an error message that looks like this (see attached image), you need to update your operating system through Windows Update.

For Windows 7 users:
  1. Go into Control Panel.
  2. Click the "Windows Update" applet.
  3. Search for updates.
  4. Click the "Optional" updates that it has found and select them all (except the language packs).
  5. Install all of the updates and restart your computer.
  6. Now you can play the game.
For Windows 10 users:
  1. In the search box in the task bar, type "Windows Update".
  2. Click "Advanced Options".
  3. Select “Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows”.
  4. Install all of the updates and restart your computer.
  5. Now you can play the game.

cant update windows, its pirated.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
cant update windows, its pirated.
Try to download and install the needed Windows 7 updated through the installer.bat made by Sycho.

Use 1 for Windows 7 32bit or 2 for Windows 7 64bit .

This file was created for the sole pupose of fixing animated scenes that aren't working or error messages about switching resolutions. This file is intended for Windows 7 and Windows 10 only (will not work in Mac or Linux).

Please extract to its own folder and run the installer.bat file only. Wget is intended to be used by the batch file to download files necessary to play MotH.

Installation is not required as the batch file will do that for you, but a restart may be required.

Also, please note that this is not a one-size-fits-all fix. While it may work for some, it may not work for others.

Change log: Added support for Windows Update.
Updated link to latest version of K-Lite basic.
Added link to Piriform's "Speccy".
Added support to check if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
Added a Windows Firewall bug fix for Windows 10 Version 1903 Build 18362 only.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
First time I played it was this update. I've tried your save file and it doesn't work for me either. I can open the animations in the streamassets folder and they play fine. I've already downloaded the k-lite codec thing but I'll do it again to double check. also tried disabling my firewall.
I went through the event viewer and this showed ------ The server {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
My apologies for the late reply. I went through your save and I was able to see the animation with Veronica in the sauna.

I don't remember if I discussed this with you last time, but if you're going to reinstall the K-Lite Codec pack, I would recommend using the default installation. There's nothing you'll need to configure in it as it's installing.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Windows 10, 64 bit
If you haven't already, install the K-Lite Codec pack (basic version) from . During its installation, use the default settings. Then check to see if you can view the animated scenes.