THADEADMAN

Feb 23, 2018
Well, there you go! I was able to get it to play in VMware and I didn't do anything special other than update the OS.

This is what's installed:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30728.6161
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30728.4148
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) - 14.14.26429
Theorica Divx ;-) Codecs (remove only)
Unity Web Player
DirectX v9

The display adapter the VM is using is a VMware SVGA 3D (naturally, since it's in a VM..)

This fix is going to require some registry modifications.

@Faerin
good work myself i do not do updates with windows on my modded OS systems as it screws up
my system mods an i have barely ever had problems lol
and as seeing the game worked fine for us on old video cards is freaking hilarious when it should have failed
I been playing for hours now since i was last on here i did screw around trying to change resolution while game was running that didn't go well. but i alt tabbed many times while playing to answer some discord stuff an alt tabbed back without error. btw @Sycho that is on the laptop i use most the time the dell latitude E6420 if ya wanna have a look see

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
good work myself i do not do updates with windows on my modded OS systems as it screws up
my system mods an i have barely ever had problems lol
and as seeing the game worked fine for us on old video cards is freaking hilarious when it should have failed
I been playing for hours now since i was last on here i did screw around trying to change resolution while game was running that didn't go well. but i alt tabbed many times while playing to answer some discord stuff an alt tabbed back without error. btw @Sycho that is on the laptop i use most the time the dell latitude E6420 if ya wanna have a look see
Thank you! It's been one helluva ride, but I think I finally figured out how to get rid of this problem. I really hope this fix works.

Reactions: THADEADMAN

that1guy100

Sep 16, 2017
Please help.
I don't have pictures 36-41 for Veronica. I can't send the cuffed-Veronica photos to Amy and in turn progress with Amy even though I have spent weeks repeating all versions of the three rewards/punishments for Veronica including cuffed. Every time it just ends with PC saying that if he does the cuffed rewarding a few more times he can continue his plan. Also I have talked to Amy many times and taken the taxi with the HJ scene and Veronica saying she likes Amy, but Amy won't mention the Vault and I can't invite Amy during the Veronica cuff scene. Is there a specific date that I have to talk to Amy at Neon or cuff reward Veronica in order to get them to admit they like eachother? I have already tried every permutation of dialogue at Neon I think.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Please help.
I don't have pictures 36-41 for Veronica. I can't send the cuffed-Veronica photos to Amy and in turn progress with Amy even though I have spent weeks repeating all versions of the three
Wake up at 08:00 during the weekday and go downstairs. Talk to Claire and she will give you a chore. Advance the time to 10:00 and talk to Veronica. Have her do your chore. Then advance the time again to 12:00 and go to the room or area she's doing her chore in (kitchen floor, vacuuming or doing laundry) and tell her to go to your room. Have her sit in the chair and wear the blindfold. Then, secure Veronica's hands. Once that's done, text Amy and tell her she can come over (if you've already talked to Amy about that).

mpror

Feb 4, 2018
@Nosket No havent been able to get past this issue yet. I waited a day for some responses so im only just now shifting thru them. But from what i undertand best option is either edit save file or wait till next version. Imma wait till next version, in the end yes we missed some content but consider it an extra big update for us next time dev updates ;).

@Lollapaloozaa I wnted to give u my savefile but i actually dunno how :tiredface: .. I have the same issue nosket has but its fine ill probably wait till the next update, thx anyway!

And to all the rest trying to resolve this problem thx!

Reactions: Sycho

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Well, there you go! I was able to get it to play in VMware and I didn't do anything special other than update the OS.

This is what's installed:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30728.6161
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30728.4148
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) - 14.14.26429
Theorica Divx ;-) Codecs (remove only)
Unity Web Player
DirectX v9

The display adapter the VM is using is a VMware SVGA 3D (naturally, since it's in a VM..)

This fix is going to require some registry modifications.

@Faerin

Here is the fix.. Since I don't use any other codecs, this can't be verified since you're probably using various different codecs. Some of them may be the problem.

Uninstall any codec pack you're using and restart your computer. You can reinstall them as needed later on.

Windows 10 users, In your search box, type: regedit
..and press the enter key.

Windows 7 users, click your "Start" button, in the search box, type: regedit
..and press the enter key or click "OK".

This will open up your registry editor. After you do this, you will need to restart your computer. This will allow your computer to, for lack of a better word, "forget" that DirectX is installed since you will be installing version 9.
Code:
Navigate to: HKEY_Local_Machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
Delete the following registry key:
Code:
DirectX
Exit the registry editor and restart your computer.

After restart, install DirectX 9. Although you don't have to, you could restart your computer again.

Install Unity Web Player and install The-Codecs.

I would also recommend uninstalling your video card drivers and reinstalling the drivers that came with the PC, motherboard or card. Don't allow it to update and don't allow Windows Updates to install its drivers.

If you don't have a CD with the drivers you need, search for video card drivers from the system manufacturer's website, the manufacturer of your video card or motherboard.

Now try playing MotH.

Set your monitor's resolution to the highest setting it will go and make sure that the game's resolution matches.

Ex: 1024 x 768 (see rez.jpg)
Thanks a LOT for all your hard work! I hope some of the users that are having this problem can verify if any of these steps fix the problem for them.

If it does, I'll post it on my discord as well!

@keimelodie @orhan85 @golkolpol @Adamdfd @troybecks1 Maybe the solution @Sycho posted, works for you?

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks a LOT for all your hard work! I hope some of the users that are having this problem can verify if any of these steps fix the problem for them.

If it does, I'll post it on my discord as well!

@keimelodie @orhan85 @golkolpol @Adamdfd @troybecks1 Maybe the solution @Sycho posted, works for you?
You're welcome. Actually, I enjoyed that. It's been a while since I've done anything more than joke around, monitor the weather, etc.. So it was a nice break from the usual. And I like a challenge. :)

I really hope they do work. I mean, I honestly didn't think I was going to get it to play in VMware. But after installing those updates for Windows, I didn't run into any problems. So I'm thinking if I could get it to work that way, then it should, theoretically, work on the system, too.

Here's to hoping!

mpror

Feb 4, 2018
@Lollapaloozaa I dont think i cheated to unlock locations, i messed with stats a bit and after i just pressed the all max button and thats pretty much it. Didnt even know u could get locations from cheat menu.

Anyway thx for the help!

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I haven't been this anxious since my very first storm chase.. at night.. on a storm with a tornado warning. :):biggrin:

lynxace07

Apr 4, 2018
guys i just want to ask, previously when i played this game it was 7.2. and its been a long time, i forgot how to activate the cheat, can i know how can i activate again the cheat for the new version on 7.7? which you can set money and relationship stats

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
guys i just want to ask, previously when i played this game it was 7.2. and its been a long time, i forgot how to activate the cheat, can i know how can i activate again the cheat for the new version on 7.7? which you can set money and relationship stats
It's in the phone. Click your phone and you will see this...

lynxace07

Apr 4, 2018
It's in the phone. Click your phone and you will see this...
Thank you so much for the update after some scene i see it ,

Now i feel dizzy on playing this game, now i'm looking for a walkthrough its been a month since my last play i'm just stock in the house and pizza delivery. dont know how to proggreesss to each characters

AzyChaz

Sep 15, 2016
I had the same problem with the screen resolution. Now i got it work after i installed platform update for win 7.
Here's the link

I don't know if it work with everyone

Reactions: Sycho and FlaK89
4.20 star(s) 255 Votes