Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
@THADEADMAN just gave me an idea that might possibly resolve this problem for those of you dealing with the resolution issue.

Uninstall your video card drivers and use the drivers that came with your PC, motherboard or expansion card. Don't allow your drivers software to look for updates and do not allow Windows Update to get the latest drivers.

If that works for you, please let me know. Thank you! :)

And many thanks to THADEADMAN for the idea!

D_mon

Dec 24, 2017
And that's when you ran into the problem of the game not loading.. Okay, that's an easy fix. I use ESET Endpoint Antivirus and it's never flagged any of the files from this update. So I can rule out any potential malware or other software/files that may make any system changes. So what I would recommend is you add the folder for MotH to Comodo's Exclusion list and try seeing if the game will load.
the game started working when I moved the game to my VM. the issue was that since i have firewall HIPS mode on it prevented the game to access some of system files. i didnt said it has virus but one of the protected files was accessed by it and got warned for keylogger

i wont deactivate any of security options :) no game is worth the security risk. paranoia .. yes. :)

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
the game started working when I moved the game to my VM. the issue was that since i have firewall HIPS mode on it prevented the game to access some of system files. i didnt said it has virus but one of the protected files was accessed by it and got warned for keylogger

i wont deactivate any of security options :) no game is worth the security risk. paranoia .. yes. :)
I'm probably just as paranoid as you if not more considering my background, so I understand completely where you're coming from. :)

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
On the walkthrough for 7.7 it says Amy calls MC about the panties, how do i trigger that call?
You have to have MC go to bed so Amy can call him in the middle of the night (at 5:07am). Set your alarm to wake you at 08:00. When I did this, it was on a Sunday night. I sent him to bed Sunday night around 21:00, but I don't think it makes much difference as long as you are asleep before 5am.

WaveFang

Jul 13, 2017
You have to have MC go to bed so Amy can call him in the middle of the night (at 5:07am). Set your alarm to wake you at 08:00. When I did this, it was on a Sunday night.
I tried that do i need to sleep at a certain time? Under Veronica it still says i need to improve Amy relationship is that screwing it up?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I tried that do i need to sleep at a certain time? Under Veronica it still says i need to improve Amy relationship is that screwing it up?
Well, have you already had Amy come by to have a little fun with Veronica while she was tied up to the chair in MC's bedroom (during Veronica's chore)?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yes and I've done the slave training a few times. Thanks for helping by the way.
You're welcome! So, the slave training, that was with Amy at the Vault, yes? Do that a few more times with her and Veronica and meet Amy at The Vault and do everything you can with her. That should eventually unlock the trigger for Amy's phone call. If you need to, use the cheats to increase their stats.

Reactions: WaveFang

Nosket

May 25, 2018
@RWaites, @Lollapaloozaa, @Carlo S
I think that I tried all, but the game still not advance. I changed the values to 4 and until 6 but the result is the same.
So the game stop for me, the other events need more relation with Amy. Maybe in next versions this problem be resolved, I don't know. Is hard start a new game for only resolve this problem, takes a long time.

@mpror, any progress with this problem?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
When You start a game need some time for open the Cheat :):):)
Yes, the cheats are unlocked after the intro right about the time Veronica demands MC's cup of coffee (she really REALLY wants that cup of coffee! lol)

Reactions: Carlo S

THADEADMAN

Feb 23, 2018
It said that i can use cheat on phone but when i check it was locked. :test2::ForeverAlone::FeelsBadMan:
I just started playing the new version and it's the same jus do the introduction when u start the game once done and u wake up in the morning it gives u the learning the ropes achievment and talk to the girls finally veronica at 10a.m. when u get coffee phone will be unlocked

Reactions: Carlo S and Sycho

WalpurgisX

Sep 11, 2017
I just started playing the new version and it's the same jus do the introduction when u start the game once done and u wake up in the morning it gives u the learning the ropes achievment and talk to the girls finally veronica at 10a.m. when u get coffee phone will be unlocked
Thanks.
Since it wasn't mentioned i didn't know and there's about 1200 page if i were to search the comments.

WaveFang

Jul 13, 2017
You're welcome! So, the slave training, that was with Amy at the Vault, yes? Do that a few more times with her and Veronica and meet Amy at The Vault and do everything you can with her. That should eventually unlock the trigger for Amy's phone call. If you need to, use the cheats to increase their stats.
Got it thanks man

Reactions: Sycho

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
The point I was trying to make in my post is that the problem itself is in no way related to the operating system. So it doesn't matter if you're using Windows 7 or Windows 10, the problem still exits. It's just a matter of determining the cause, which I'm currently doing as we speak using my VM as a lab rat.
No...no one is saying it is the fault of the OS....
It is almost ALWAYS the fault of the Display Adapter and Drivers which for some OS' is lacking and no longer supported for modern standards or came with a video card that really isn't up to snuff to play a modern 3D rendered game that uses much of DX11 and 12 to render it's graphics.

A directX12 card comes with drivers and libraries to support DX12 regardless of what is in the OS itself...
A DX10 card that hasn't had a driver update for that OS you are running since it came out will have problems.

WIn10 Drivers are ALL compatible with DX11 and 12 but not all Win7 drivers are...
And therein lies the problem some people are having. You are at the mercy of the GPU Manfacturer's support and for folks with nVidia and Radeon cards that isn't a real problem....
Those who have Intel or some other company's GPU may or may not have the drivers to play. And those with onboard display adapters are usually the ones who don't get driver updates since the Mobo Manf has moved on and would rather you buy another motherboard than spend money on making up to date drivers for you.

EDIT: You are unlikely to have success in a VM without installing the proper drivers for the OS you are trying to run under the VM.
And not all VM systems let you do that.

I think VMWare will allow you to set direct display driver access in the OS config settings.

Reactions: Bakkis15
4.20 star(s) 255 Votes