Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
me to use win 7 Ultimate 64 bit but game dont work with me
Unfortunately you're not the only one that's having problems. A lot of Windows 10 users are also. Right now I can't give you an answer on a fix until I finish running some more tests in a virtual environment.

What might help me would be if you would be so kind as to tell me what video card you're using?

Mastermind90

May 26, 2018
Ok so I've been missing ONE picture for Veronica for a while now. It's the one of her doing laundry in her normal clothes. I noticed a few updates ago (or maybe I had finally progressed Veronica enough for this, I dunno) that we can get the option to choose which clothes Veronica can wear when she does chores. Was able to use this to get one of the other normal clothed pics I had missed (I think the kitchen one), but if you pick normal clothes for laundry, it still shows her in her maid outfit. I also need this to get the last check for the "Make her work" achievement. Dunno if this issue has come up with anyone else, so I'd appreciate any help (or a bugfix if it is indeed a repeatable bug).
I have the same problem did you find a fix?

kenzikenzi

Sep 30, 2017
how me can fix that

The game plays fine under Win7 (that's what I use - Windows 7 Ultimate x64).

I'm working on finding a fix for everyone that's running into the resolution problem.
my pc is alitle old but the old game is working only this new update not working

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
If someone could be kind enough to post a general message in the thread that @Faerin and I are working on a solution to the graphics issue that everyone is experiencing, that would be awesome to avoid a repeat post that there's an issue and it's being looked into.

THADEADMAN

Feb 23, 2018
And with that hardware you have, are you able to play 0.7.7 without any problems?
Also i have another laptop it's i3 with 8gb ram same shit intel 3000 video win 7 64 bit
and i had not finished installing my drivers for it jus got a windows generic driver for video and only .net framework installed on it nothing else at all and the game works fine at 1366 by 768 i hope that helps u a bit more with your efforts @Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Also i have another laptop it's i3 with 8gb ram same shit intel 3000 video win 7 64 bit
and i had not finished installing my drivers for it jus got a windows generic driver for video and only .net framework installed on it nothing else at all and the game works fine at 1366 by 768 i hope that helps u a bit more with your efforts @Sycho
Well, here's where things get really weird. I have another desktop which is attached to my KVM.. That system is an HP Compaq 4000 small form factor and uses an Intel B43 chipset with only 2GB of RAM installed. I just FTP'd the folder with the latest version over to it to try to play, thinking I was going to run into the graphics issue that I've been seeing everybody else having. I didn't run into any problems playing it. And that hardware is a lot older than what I'm running on the rig I built myself. lol

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
latest, but this time the game tried to access some system files and got blocked by comodo HIPS, so i moved the game to my VM
And that's when you ran into the problem of the game not loading.. Okay, that's an easy fix. I use ESET Endpoint Antivirus and it's never flagged any of the files from this update. So I can rule out any potential malware or other software/files that may make any system changes. So what I would recommend is you add the folder for MotH to Comodo's Exclusion list and try seeing if the game will load.

THADEADMAN

Feb 23, 2018
Well, here's where things get really weird. I have another desktop which is attached to my KVM.. That system is a Dell 4000 small form factor and uses an Intel B43 chipset with only 2GB of RAM installed. I just FTP'd the folder with the latest version over to it to try to play, thinking I was going to run into the graphics issue that I've been seeing everybody else having. I didn't run into any problems playing it. And that hardware is a lot older than what I'm running on the rig I built myself. lol
thats totally screwy lol i wish i could help out more but with my back the way it has been lately i cannot lift any of the computers i have to test i have a few home pc's all different configs all i can do is screw with the laptops i got i do have 2 more laptops but i think they both use the same shit intel 3000 chip

Reactions: Sycho

THADEADMAN

Feb 23, 2018
And that's when you ran into the problem of the game not loading.. Okay, that's an easy fix. I use ESET Endpoint Antivirus and it's never flagged any of the files from this update. So I can rule out any potential malware or other software/files that may make any system changes. So what I would recommend is you add the folder for MotH to Comodo's Exclusion list and try seeing if the game will load.
i will do a scan too i use ESET antivirus

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
thats totally screwy lol i wish i could help out more but with my back the way it has been lately i cannot lift any of the computers i have to test i have a few home pc's all different configs all i can do is screw with the laptops i got i do have 2 more laptops but i think they both use the same shit intel 3000 chip
I know, right?? I honestly expected to see a problem immediately after I clicked play but the splash screen loaded right away. So I'm sitting here scratching my head thinking, "WTF?!!?" :)

BTW, I haven't added any new hardware to it. As old as that thing is (and slow as hell), I don't see the point sinking any money into it. If I'm going to buy hardware, it's going to be for another build. I'll give this snail of a comp to my son. lol

THADEADMAN

Feb 23, 2018
I know, right?? I honestly expected to see a problem immediately after I clicked play but the splash screen loaded right away. So I'm sitting here scratching my head thinking, "WTF?!!?" :)
Thats like me with the i3 laptop i mentioned i have not installed any drivers at all it just had windows generic video driver i expected it to fail cause the driver but nope boom right into the game i almost dropped my laptop lol
---------------------
I have a brand new system i have not even build i have everything for a year now
but with being in pain most the time i cannot build it but it's still top o the line prob till next year anyhow lol

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thats like me with the i3 laptop i mentioned i have not installed any drivers at all it just had windows generic video driver i expected it to fail cause the driver but nope boom right into the game i almost dropped my laptop lol
Okay, so we can safely eliminate the graphics card as being the problem. The Dell doesn't have any other hardware installed other than what it came with. My first thought was that maybe.. just maybe.. a graphics card capable of handing 3D graphics might have been the issue. But after testing it on the Dell (which doesn't have a high end 3D graphics card installed), that's the wrong conclusion.

So the next step is in determining if it's related to DX.

THADEADMAN

Feb 23, 2018
Okay, so we can safely eliminate the graphics card as being the problem. The Dell doesn't have any other hardware installed other than what it came with. My first thought was that maybe.. just maybe.. a graphics card capable of handing 3D graphics might have been the issue. But after testing it on the Dell (which doesn't have a high end 3D graphics card installed), that's the wrong conclusion.

So the next step is in determining if it's related to DX.
i wonder if it is newest drivers for thier video cards last year my heroes game would not work at all on newest video driver but i have to go back 3 versions ( nvidia all my home pc's are AMD and nvidia video)
-----------
also though of another thing it sounds stupid but it does affect some games
if they have 7.1 suround sound on thier computer change the settings to 5.1
that fixed a few games for me in the pas

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Anybody able to extract images? Tried with AssetStudio and it does not work.
Had the same issue, worked after I downloaded the latest version
AssetStudio.x64.v0.10.0.36

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
i wonder if it is newest drivers for thier video cards last year my heroes game would not work at all on newest video driver but i have to go back 3 versions ( nvidia all my home pc's are AMD and nvidia video)
That could be. I know ATI used to use Catalyst Control Center and that caused a ton of issues on my desktop (the biggest being the screen would go black for about 10 seconds or so every minute). So after I uninstalled the drivers for my old Radeon (before I upgraded the adapter to what I use now) to use the Crimson edition of the drivers, everything ran smoothly after that.

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
why game dont work in windows 7
Isn't only with Windows 7, it's happen in few computers, have imcompatibility, and We don't know why this happens, some players found the solution in the google, and others follow the solutions here in the thread, and solved ;););) And I need to add, it is not always the same solution, so it can always be difficult to figure out what fixes the problem :confused:

4.20 star(s) 255 Votes