Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Tried everything, Win 7 x64 SP1 here... No luck
It seems like we're both running the same experiments. Maybe you and I should collaborate on this experiment so neither of us do something the other had already tried?

Korlaeda

Jan 10, 2018
@Chris1983 @Synful62 You have to attempt to take Veronica out once to make the tux available in the mall. After discovering love, message her between 17:00-17:59 on Saturday/Sunday. The MC will talk about going to the restaurant, and then change his mind, which will unlock the tux in the mall's clothing store.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
@Faerin @Sycho here is some screen shot of my win 7 & software installed in pc hope you guy solve the problem
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm trying, bro. But I'm running into snags no matter what I install or change. I'm kind of starting to think the game doesn't play well with VMs, but without anything to prove that, I'm just grasping at straws. I'm hoping that downloading the Windows updates for my VM will help. But that's going to take a couple of hours at the least to complete.

I've already installed Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2017, The-Codecs, Unity Web Player and DirectX v9 and nothing has helped so far.

Reactions: Faerin

Oz456

Sep 18, 2017
Can't seem to get the new content to start for some reason? None of the new events in the walkthrough have triggered. Played about 3 weeks in game but nada.
Any tips gratefully recieved.

THADEADMAN

Feb 23, 2018
I jus dusted off one of my older laptops toshiba amd athlon dual core 2ghz with 4gb ddr2 ram windows 7 alienware (based of win 7 ultimate) with sp1 ati graphics radeon 3100 and highest resolution i can get on the laptop is 1280 by 800.
cause of the age of it
------------
anyhow i did notice in @Lollapaloozaa post i have dot net framework 4.7.1, visual basic 2017,xna framework and java installed on my laptops. hope that helps some
----
i forgot to mention i am running 64bit windows

Reactions: Sycho and Faerin

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I jus dusted off one of my older laptops toshiba amd athlon dual core 2ghz with 4gb ddr2 ram windows 7 alienware (based of win 7 ultimate) with sp1 ati graphics radeon 3100 and highest resolution i can get on the laptop is 1280 by 800.
cause of the age of it
------------
anyhow i did notice in @Lollapaloozaa post i have dot net framework 4.7.1, visual basic 2017,xna framework and java installed on my laptops. hope that helps some
----
i forgot to mention i am running 64bit windows
Thank you for that. That will help me with my experiment I'm running so I'll know what not to install. I don't use Java anyway. There's way too many security concerns with it so I won't get within 10 feet of Java and if it's required for something I might run across, I don't need it that bad then. :)

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
here is 1 more from other pc
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The SDK isn't going to matter much, but the C++ Redistributables may. I've already installed the 2017 update of that, and I'm sure that Windows Updates will find more once it's done.

Right now, I'm installing the first batch of updates, so I'll try again to see if the game will run after I restart my VM.

Thanks for the screenshot. That may help me with this project.

Reactions: La'Zaa

THADEADMAN

Feb 23, 2018
My laptop i use most the time is a dell 12gb ram i5cpu with shit intel hd 3000 graphics and windows 8.1 alienware 64 bit
I have a thing for alienware lol

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
My laptop i use most the time is a dell 12gb ram i5cpu with shit intel hd 3000 graphics and windows 8.1 alienware 64 bit
I have a thing for alienware lol
And with that hardware you have, are you able to play 0.7.7 without any problems?

D_mon

Dec 24, 2017
mine crash as soon as two girls start kissing , 0x00000000000000000014, the mormor could not be read

veronica and amy

nevermind.. firewall HIPS was activated and blocked som access.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
mine crash as soon as two girls start kissing , 0x00000000000000000014, the mormor could not be read

veronica and amy
That's strange. Which version of MotH are you currently running?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
why game dont work in windows 7
The game plays fine under Win7 (that's what I use - Windows 7 Ultimate x64).

I'm working on finding a fix for everyone that's running into the resolution problem.

troybecks1

Jan 16, 2018
Well, this is not really a problem with the game so much as it is with the latest Unity version in combination with Windows 7 (at least I'm guessing that's what you are using).

I switched over to the new Unity version this update, because I was running on an outdated version for a while already.
If you google the error, you will find that many games have the same problem (even some really big ones like Hearthstone).

Some suggest that this only occurs on pirated windows 7 versions and/or versions without SP1 installed.
So @Sycho maybe you can test installing that service pack to see if there's any difference.

If I have any updated information I will post it here.

Update1: Just to make sure, have you guys tried lowering the resolution on your monitor settings (so not the game launcher) and then launch the game with a lower resolution?

Update2: Running the game under "troubleshoot compatibility" option and running as administrator, seem to be a fix for some as well.

Update3: Nvidia control panel ->Graphics Options ->Panel Fit -> and switch from "Maintain Display Scaling" to "Maintain Aspect Ratio."
Update1: Done
Update2:: Done
Update3: NA

Reactions: Faerin
4.20 star(s) 255 Votes