La'Zaa

May 3, 2018
I'm going to try a little experiment in VMware. I've got a Windows 7 Ultimate VM installed that's out-of-the-box. No updates, nothing additional, no AV.. Just a bare bones Win7 install.

I'll put the game on there and run it as it, slowly installing the additional software I would normally use and see what happens. Hopefully I can duplicate this problem.
you know i run it on my 2nd pc 10 years old desktop 2gb ram dualcore Chinese 14 bucks MB No graphic card & its works like a charm.

Reactions: Carlo S
R

RWaites

That's the thing, it won't go higher than 50. What I do is: Take the chore, Give to Veronica, Watch her do it, Punish her, Dinner, no points gained. She has the maid outfit, started from the begginning, no cheats (regarding relationships) used. I'll just cheat to get her to 60, but seems broken to me.

Here's the save.
Didyou piurchase the Blindfoldand cuffs from the sex shop

Reactions: LeRescator

golkolpol

Oct 29, 2017
have also tried the
@keimelodie @orhan85 @golkolpol @Adamdfd @troybecks1

Have you tried my suggested solution:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I did some more digging, so if that doesn't work for you, can any of you try this (if you're using a Nvidia GPU):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I tried your solution and i still have the same problem. Whereas the previous version were working perfectly.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
you know i run it on my 2nd pc 10 years old desktop 2gb ram core2duo Chinese 14 bucks MB No graphic card & its works like a charm.
Well, I just tried running it on my VM and sure enough, I got that error. So now I'm going to start by slowly installing the software after I make a few minor adjustments to the resolution.

La'Zaa

May 3, 2018
That's the thing, it won't go higher than 50. What I do is: Take the chore, Give to Veronica, Watch her do it, Punish her, Dinner, no points gained. She has the maid outfit, started from the begginning, no cheats (regarding relationships) used. I'll just cheat to get her to 60, but seems broken to me.

Here's the save.
there is some problem with your save use this save you just need to follow the hint after that you can try new game.

Reactions: Carlo S

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
I have Win 7 and never had that problem until now... Screensolution on mine is 1280x1024....
To what? MS' iPad wannabe? If it was worth a tinker's damn, they wouldn't have tried to give it away and then tried to force feed it as an update.
When I want a tablet operating system, I'll buy a tablet.
Yeah I heard all those same arguments when people wanted to keep Windows 95 instead of upgrading to XP and then from XP users who refused to upgrade to Win7...
And it is usually the same people in both cases who eventually decide they have two choices....Upgrade to MS' latest OS or go buy a Mac!

I use Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) with DirectX 9 installed but I'm not seeing the same problem everyone else has been talking about. So I can verify that it's not an OS issue. The problem is with the graphics card drivers and/or DirectX itself.

Edited to include PC specs..

System Specs

PC: Custom built..
CPU: AMD FX-8320E
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 250 Series
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
RAM: 16GB DDR3

Other software used: Adobe Flash Player v30.0.0.113, Unity Web Player v5.3.8f2, DirectX v9, The-Codecs v5.0 (Theoretica DivX), DivX web player v2.6.3.88

Granted, the hardware isn't the greatest (it suites my needs), but I've never ran into any problems with this game or any of the animated scenes in other AVNs. And as you can see, I can play it just fine..

When I play this game, I set my display settings to 1920 x 1080 (with "windowed" unchecked). I also make sure that I select the same setting in the game's resolution drop down menu and select the highest graphics quality the game will allow ("Fantastic"). Others I've talked to in PM about this have tried various resolution settings, however they're still experiencing the same error. That leads me to suspect the drivers for the graphics card or it's an issue with DirectX. Though I've not narrowed it down any further than that.

Also, I should point out that those whom I've spoken to about this problem are either using Windows 7 or Windows 10 so the problem exists in both Windows platforms.
Your R7 is a DX12 compatible video card...That is why you have zero issues because no matter what OS you are running the Drivers for your card are capable of sending DX12 commands even if the OS hooks are not there.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
I have tried these and it does not work. The game is still busted, I've updated my graphics card drivers and I've got the latest DX9, 10 & 11. This game was really awesome, please if at all possible roll back whatever change you've made to the game that is causing this error for us!
I reinstalled my OS newly installed my drivers. Tried every suggestion written. Tried whatever is written on google for atleast search pages. I dont have nvidia so NA
No..... I only have one reolution to choose: 1280x720.
Well, I just tried running it on my VM and sure enough, I got that error. So now I'm going to start by slowly installing the software after I make a few minor adjustments to the resolution.
Well, this is not really a problem with the game so much as it is with the latest Unity version in combination with Windows 7 (at least I'm guessing that's what you are using).

I switched over to the new Unity version this update, because I was running on an outdated version for a while already.
If you google the error, you will find that many games have the same problem (even some really big ones like Hearthstone).

Some suggest that this only occurs on pirated windows 7 versions and/or versions without SP1 installed.
So @Sycho maybe you can test installing that service pack to see if there's any difference.

If I have any updated information I will post it here.

Update1: Just to make sure, have you guys tried lowering the resolution on your monitor settings (so not the game launcher) and then launch the game with a lower resolution?

Update2: Running the game under "troubleshoot compatibility" option and running as administrator, seem to be a fix for some as well.

Update3: Nvidia control panel ->Graphics Options ->Panel Fit -> and switch from "Maintain Display Scaling" to "Maintain Aspect Ratio."

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yeah I heard all those same arguments when people wanted to keep Windows 95 instead of upgrading to XP and then from XP users who refused to upgrade to Win7...
And it is usually the same people in both cases who eventually decide they have two choices....Upgrade to MS' latest OS or go buy a Mac!

Your R7 is a DX12 compatible video card...That is why you have zero issues because no matter what OS you are running the Drivers for your card are capable of sending DX12 commands even if the OS hooks are not there.
The point I was trying to make in my post is that the problem itself is in no way related to the operating system. So it doesn't matter if you're using Windows 7 or Windows 10, the problem still exits. It's just a matter of determining the cause, which I'm currently doing as we speak using my VM as a lab rat.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Well, this is not really a problem with the game so much as it is with the latest Unity version in combination with Windows 7 (at least I'm guessing that's what you are using).

I switched over to the new Unity version this update, because I was running on an outdated version for a while already.
If you google the error, you will find that many games have the same problem (even some really big ones like Hearthstone).

Some suggest that this only occurs on pirated windows 7 versions and/or versions without SP1 installed.
So @Sycho maybe you can test installing that service pack to see if there's any difference.

If I have any updated information I will post it here.

Update: Just to make sure, have you guys tried lowering the resolution on your monitor settings (so not the game launcher) and then launch the game with a lower resolution?
I don't know how you did it, but you read my mind! :)

I'm still making a few adjustments in my VM before I start installing any of my extra software. I'll definitely keep you posted. I'll know something very soon as I'm about to start by installing DX9. I still haven't downloaded the latest updates for Windows 7 yet in VM. If need be, I'll do that next. But that's going to hold me back for a while as I'll be waiting for the updates to install.

BTW, on both machines (guest and host) I'm using a pirated copy of Windows 7 with WAT remover being used. The OSes themselves are legitimate though. I'm just using a program that defeats the Windows Authentication Technology.

Reactions: Faerin

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Can someone tell me how can I find Veronica for the first time?
Go into the kitchen and make yourself a cup of coffee in the morning. She will come in and demand the cup you just poured for yourself.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
@Faerin I just installed DX 9 and tried playing the game. Still the same error on VMware. I have a hunch I know what's causing this, so I'm going to see if my hypothesis is correct.

EDIT

So much for that theory. Moving onto the next software install. :)

No luck with The Codecs 5. It's still giving me a DX11 error and I'm using 9. So let me try to see if I can get that version installed. BTW, I tried every possible display resolution that's available and no matter which I select, I get the message to try using a lower rez. I'm using the lowest I have in VMware.

Installing Unity Web Player didn't help.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
@Faerin I just installed DX 9 and tried playing the game. Still the same error on VMware. I have a hunch I know what's causing this, so I'm going to see if my hypothesis is correct.

EDIT

So much for that theory. Moving onto the next software install. :)

No luck with The Codecs 5. It's still giving me a DX11 error and I'm using 9. So let me try to see if I can get that version installed. BTW, I tried every possible display resolution that's available and no matter which I select, I get the message to try using a lower rez. I'm using the lowest I have in VMware.

Installing Unity Web Player didn't help.
Thanks for trying and letting me know!
Did you see my updates in my previous posts? Added some more possible fixes to it.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks for trying and letting me know!
Did you see my updates in my previous posts? Added some more possible fixes to it.
Not yet, but I'll take a look at that now. I did learn that Windows 10 comes with DX 12.

Edit.

No luck lowering the monitor's resolution. I'll try the other suggestion. I'm using an ATI Radeon PCIe but the VM is using "VMware SVGA 3D" as the display adapter.

Nothing else has worked so far. So now I'm in the process of updating Windows 7 on my VM. It's going to be a little while before I can try playing the game, so I'll keep you updated once this part is finished.

I got the idea of installing the latest Microsoft C++ Redistributable package hoping that would solve the problem before installing updates. That didn't work. So now I'm searching for updates.

Aside from that, everything I've tried in VMware hasn't been successful.

4.20 star(s) 255 Votes