JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
May I avert your attention to Dual Family? The last update was on the 30th of March and the dev wrote not too long ago that the next update will be at the end of january 2019, so yeah ... talk about a long way x'D
Plus @Faerin always delivered good and on time content, so I'm sure his patrons would be ok with cutting him some slack ;)
Good point.

If it's a good game that is well structured, well written and with good renders/animations there really isn't much to complain about if the Developer takes their time.

I would much rather have something worth waiting for than something that is rushed, poorly conceived and ultimately compromised.

Reactions: Faerin

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
When in recent history has a dev clearly communicating something ever stopped someone for complaining about not getting a release for two months that they paid for?

Yes everyone here will be fine with it...
In his defence:
  1. He did warn everyone about hiatus. So if somebody did pay for Sepember... well they knew there won't be update. As far as we know, there might be, or might not be an update in October, but let's wait, since there is 18 more days...
  2. This is pirate site. Most of guys here are not patrons...
  3. Patereon is not site where somebody is purchasing game. It's site about patronage, different concept than trade.

Brian1949

Donor
Oct 9, 2017
In his defence:
  1. He did warn everyone about hiatus. So if somebody did pay for Sepember... well they knew there won't be update. As far as we know, there might be, or might not be an update in October, but let's wait, since there is 18 more days...
  2. This is pirate site. Most of guys here are not patrons...
  3. Patereon is not site where somebody is purchasing game. It's site about patronage, different concept than trade.
I agree with everything you say Thermophob, I support Faerin on Patreon and I for one am willing to wait as are 83% of the patrons going by the latest poll figures, it seems that as is normal, the people who moan most about not getting regular updates get it for free and don't support the dev's.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
With this game I missed the last fake email and I guess something with Ashley and I'm on day 65 or there abouts. Can I still catchup or am I up shit's creek and being a idiot still trying? In other words can I still finish or I gotta do over?
If you have to start over, I would just wait for the update then, and just enjoy what you can for now. Worry about learning the other stuff for now. Less than a week to go if the timing stays true.

Sperpowered just updated, and unfortunately you have to start over there too, so you can always kill time with that as well. It's slow starting, pretty grindy if you don't cheat, and the art isn't that great, but it's a pretty enjoyable game once you get into it.

Reactions: JeefZ

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Hey guys, just to clarify the release date a bit:

My first intention was a release 2-3 weeks after my break. I hated having to break my 2-weekly cycle, as I have done 33 updates in a row and never skipped a single one or missed a release date.
But that's also why I felt I could take a break and ask for some more time, as my patrons know I always try to commit to my promises and am not taking advantage of their patience (hopefully). I just really needed it, because honestly I felt a bit "overworked", as I have been doing 90-100 hours week, for a year straight (working only on MotH btw...yes it's that much work).

After my break, when I started doing the changes, I found so much more room for improvement and also came to the conclusion that the game was just so much bigger than I thought. I know this may sound weird, coming from the developer, but I am so focused on those smaller 2-weekly updates, that I never even played the whole game through myself. I don't have a lot of leeway in those 2 weeks, as it's always very tight and I usually finish the update thursday evening/friday morning (just before the release).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I like the time limit, it keeps me sharp, but over the last year a lot of stuff just didn't get fixed or got pushed ahead. And I really want to keep myself motivated by cleaning that kind of stuff up, otherwise I know I'll lose interest and start working towards a "quick" finish, so I can start a new project and that would be a shame, as MotH still has so much potential (in my opinion).

So yeah, I'm working hard to do a lot of stuff and a large part of that stuff might not even be noticed by the players.
But I'm doing this to ensure a stable engine/game for the future of MotH and the future of new projects that will run on the same engine. Some patrons/players will not agree with this or might even think I'm milking it, but for most I (thankfully) have earned enough credits, to get the benifit of the doubt. And I'm 100% sure that after this update, not only the game as a whole, but also future content updates will be that much better.

/End rant

Good night guys! ;)

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
Guys get this through your head....

I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!!!
I AM NOT INSISTING HE RELEASE!!!!
I AM NOT CONCERNED FOR MYSELF!

But you can be damn sure someone (not here who don't pay for it), Someone on Patreon will:

• Complain
  • Stop patronizing
  • Come here bitching about how long the time between releases is
Dual Family has as many post in its lifetime as this game gets in a week!
Just goes to show you how that release schedule affects it's popularity!

User don't care about his release date because the truth is they really don't care about that game!
It certainly hasn't made the popular games list here!

Probably because it hasn't released anything since March!
This is a very popular game...Don't think a lack of release for two or three months will actually go unnoticed.
I could wait a year for Faering to release...Cause I know it's worth the wait.

But I also expect that this forum will become very tiresome once the folks who want new releases come here and asking every 5 and a half minutes when the next one is.

And don't tell me that won't happen because it happens in every game thread but this one....Because of the previous release schedule.

I'm just telling you what is going to happen if he takes another two months and breaks saves while doing it.
I don't care myself but if you think no none else will then you must get out and about on F95 more often!

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
@Faerin I don't mind a bit of a wait since you do such a GREAT job. I do suggest that, if possible, you create a couple of renders that are NOT part of the game (or maybe as a bonus gallery). You could release a couple every few days so we get our BOOBIES. This would hopefully quiet some of the restless masses, we get BOOBIES, and you have a LITTLE peace.

I do NOT know how much extra time you would have for something like that. I have only played a little with rendering myself, but it might help with the crazed masses. Plus we get BOOBIES. :)

Just a thought.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Guys get this through your head....

I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!!!
I AM NOT INSISTING HE RELEASE!!!!
I AM NOT CONCERNED FOR MYSELF!

But you can be damn sure someone (not here who don't pay for it), Someone on Patreon will:

• Complain
  • Stop patronizing
  • Come here bitching about how long the time between releases is
Dual Family has as many post in its lifetime as this game gets in a week!
Just goes to show you how that release schedule affects it's popularity!

User don't care about his release date because the truth is they really don't care about that game!
It certainly hasn't made the popular games list here!

Probably because it hasn't released anything since March!
This is a very popular game...Don't think a lack of release for two or three months will actually go unnoticed.
I could wait a year for Faering to release...Cause I know it's worth the wait.

But I also expect that this forum will become very tiresome once the folks who want new releases come here and asking every 5 and a half minutes when the next one is.

And don't tell me that won't happen because it happens in every game thread but this one....Because of the previous release schedule.

I'm just telling you what is going to happen if he takes another two months and breaks saves while doing it.
I don't care myself but if you think no none else will then you must get out and about on F95 more often!
Just to clarify, my post was not directed at you @Asphyx, I just wanted to share my reasons for doing this.
I agree that this will have consequences (in fact it already has).

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
When in recent history has a dev clearly communicating something ever stopped someone for complaining about not getting a release for two months that they paid for?

Yes everyone here will be fine with it...
When in recent history has a dev clearly communicating something ever stopped someone from complaining about not getting a release for two months that they didn't pay for either? :)

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
When in recent history has a dev cleary communicating something ever stopped someone from complaining about not getting a release for two months that they didn't pay for either? :)
My point EXACTLY!
This is one of the few projects here that has never had any complaints!

Reactions: TheDevian

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
Just to clarify, my post was not directed at you @Asphyx, I just wanted to share my reasons for doing this.
I agree that this will have consequences (in fact it already has).
Oh Dude I know and My post was directed at the others not you! lol
I was just giving you my advice....
Others seemed to think I was complaining or pushing for a quick update when that was never my intention!

Just warning about what you can expect if you proceed the way you planned.
And you know I'll defend you to the end when that happens....

JuriGod

Oct 4, 2018
Maybe i'm wrong but i prefer me games to be done good and not be beta or even alpha tester so Faerin take you time. Faerin actually talk with community so we know when and if next update will be.

Reactions: Faerin

Big Mack

Aug 18, 2018
Early in the game it say's I have a message from Emma, but it is not on my phone, nothing re: Emma is on my phone and thus I am locked and can't advance, Wassup?????

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
You could release a couple every few days so we get our BOOBIES. This would hopefully quiet some of the restless masses, we get BOOBIES, and you have a LITTLE peace..
If you haven't you can check out the to get your fix, though I assume you have.

Can anyone tell me what's the 9th achievement of the MC?
Movie Buff. Get a perfect score on the movie quiz.

4.20 star(s) 252 Votes