Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Could you put in VSync or a framerate limiter for fullscreen so our videocards don't go mental. Unity gets a bit carried away sometimes.
Doesn't your video card software have a built in FPS limiter? I know nVidia does, not sure what you're using, but try that, as opposed to asking for the dev to use time trying to build a video card interface. I'd rather the time be spent making the game better, since individual users can fix their own systems.

Reactions: xrayman2k4

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Thanks guys!

@SudenReal: That's my personal preference as well.

To answer @Bagger288 's question: I build the system because I thought it would be fun and could add a more dynamic gaming element, instead of "just" going through storylines without some challenge. I am planning on adding areas and events where's certain needs are harder to fill and triggering a specific event there requires some puzzling.
One thing that this poll has shown me, is how divided people are, some prefer an easy grind, others prefer a challenge...
BTW, for what it's worth: I would prefer the same per-action system as well.

The good part for the people that prefer just seeing the storyline is that I added a cheat console, so you can just skip the mood system management all together if you'd want.
Looks like most just want to spam actions to max and not have to actually "juggle" things, so a request...

Leave the cheat console in for those who want the easy way, and adjust to something like Baggar and you mentioned for the per-action boost/lock. If you do the per-action code now, later you can add other foods/items to adjust one way or the other to add more variety (or require certain things to unlock scenes for example) as well.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
@Faerin , I'm in favor of the last option. Let's say 2 hours lock at the MOST or even none at all?
Breakfast and Dinner restores 40% and lunch restores 20% while food need decays by 3-4% per hour?
Then sleep is 4% decay per hour with 8 hours of sleep restoring 64% so each hour of sleep restores 8%.
And hygiene would be 3% decay with showers or baths automatically making it 100%. Brushing teeth would be what? 10-20% if you "freshen up"?
All needs cap at 100 and cannot go above it.
And if your needs drop below 20%, the girls will refuse interactions?
As for stats, I like the star system unlocking more interactions. My suggestion is to make the star "levels" different for each girl so some girls are easy, some are hard. Some girls can be "friends" quick but not as easy to make a "lover". Maybe one girl is hard to be a "friend" but once she trusts you, she's easy to turn into a "lover". :D
My 2 cents. :p

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
@klang: I don't have a mac to test on myself, but I could export a mac version for you, if you'd like to try it out and see if everything works? (I can't guarantee any possible bugfixes though)

@Goldfish: Nice idea, I definitely want to have the current mood to have an impact on the events/rewards, otherwise I might as well remove it.

@Ozygator: Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards as well, it's probably gonna be a hybrid of the suggested solutions. I figure that would make most people happy. I know there will also be some disappointed people, but I need to make a decision. It just opens more interesting possibilities in the long run like this IMO.

@Hercule_Poirot:

;)

@muttdoggy: I did that in the first (closed) version (almost with the exact same logic and percentages!), but the problem is that without the lock, your needs start decreasing right away, so that way it will be impossible to stay at a max. mood (which I intend to use for some very special events) ;)
I personally like the lock mechanism, but I think that different actions, should have both different stat gains and different lock times. As people pointed out, after eating you should be (practically) full, but not as long as after sleeping.
The star levels already work that way, you'll see as soon as I develop the next storyline! ;)
Thanks for the feedback!

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I think you lose to much of your stats during sleep. If I take a shower before I go to bed, I don't smell like a pig in the morning. And if I go to sleep full of food, I have no rush to eat in the morning, rather more the urge to take a dump. Maybe if you could select for how many hours you want to sleep yourself, so you can better manage refresh of timers, and even the possibility of take a nap during the day as well. As for the bath, include option to shower that take less time than a bath, and maybe decrease the time to brush your teeth and wash your face. With such timers, I would never get ready in the morning to get to work, just saying, lol.

Thjis

May 19, 2017
@Faerin , I'm in favor of the last option. Let's say 2 hours lock at the MOST or even none at all?
Breakfast and Dinner restores 40% and lunch restores 20% while food need decays by 3-4% per hour?
Then sleep is 4% decay per hour with 8 hours of sleep restoring 64% so each hour of sleep restores 8%.
And hygiene would be 3% decay with showers or baths automatically making it 100%. Brushing teeth would be what? 10-20% if you "freshen up"?
All needs cap at 100 and cannot go above it.
And if your needs drop below 20%, the girls will refuse interactions?
As for stats, I like the star system unlocking more interactions. My suggestion is to make the star "levels" different for each girl so some girls are easy, some are hard. Some girls can be "friends" quick but not as easy to make a "lover". Maybe one girl is hard to be a "friend" but once she trusts you, she's easy to turn into a "lover". :D
My 2 cents. :p
Played for the first time last night. Not bad at all, nice start. For me the mechanics make sense and serve a purpose in the game.
I was curious if you were going to remove the action hints telling you mood etc in conversation. Might be an option, that way people could elect not to know. A way to make it more challenging later
Question for me, mom seems locked at about 14 love, sis sleeps in bed if you set it up. Am I at end of current game or should I keep pushing up love?

Oh is there a place that tells me how to set up spoiler alert on Mobil never tried that before.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Played for the first time last night. Not bad at all, nice start. For me the mechanics make sense and serve a purpose in the game.
I was curious if you were going to remove the action hints telling you mood etc in conversation. Might be an option, that way people could elect not to know. A way to make it more challenging later
Question for me, mom seems locked at about 14 love, sis sleeps in bed if you set it up. Am I at end of current game or should I keep pushing up love?

Oh is there a place that tells me how to set up spoiler alert on Mobil never tried that before.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hi, what event trigger to buy lingerie? I'm 100% to all but still cant buy lingerie and no HJ

ycapella

Jun 9, 2017
asking for the dev to use time trying to build a video card interface
Tons of gpus don't come with tuning software, e.g. my tablet doesn't since it has an intel built in gpu, so I can't limit fps or force vsync, the result is heat, fan noise and battery drains much faster.

Not that I got a right to complain but it's literally 1 liner to cap fps in unity that you need to execute once

Application.targetFrameRate = 60; // for example limits to 60 fps

Thjis

May 19, 2017
I do agree with the folks about decay rates. I found them to be a bit extreme. I expect rebalancing will come.

carlos5585

Jun 20, 2017
I'm sorry but I do not speak English use google translator.

Before all my big congratulations for this great game.

The characters have very good design, do not modify them just attach others with different characteristics for those who have other tastes.
The sending of messages by the cell phone is fantastic.
As the story unfolds it is good, since it is not too long or short.

The game mode if you could modify when you get money faster or change the times.
Please do not fall into what happened with BB that is a lot of history where everything is repetitive and you only get a few pictures.
If it is possible you can attach animations or more images at crucial moments.

I wish you the best and much success. If you continue this way you will soon have many followers.

Last edited:

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Hey guys!

@Joshua Tree: Thanks, and yeah you're absolutely right, that's been addressed in the new version!

@Thjis: Thanks man, the new version has a (slightly) different version from your suggestion, but there will be events that have different outcomes based on your mood.
Mom's storyline has not been developed yet, Ashley's will get several new events in the new version!

@carlos5585: Thanks for your feedback and your support! In the new version those things are improved!

Fizpan

Aug 5, 2016
in b4: the buildings are in their real locations and you'll learn to live in Amsterdam by playing the game. (/s)
Well.. no.. although there are lots of malls in Amsterdam, that's not one of them :)
(and there are several closer to 'home')
Also, do not walk through the tunnel, you'll either get arrested or run over ;)

petedragon

May 4, 2017
Well I keep going back to the game and still havent found a way to save the game.Yes I did try using the phone.All i get is a click.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Well I keep going back to the game and still havent found a way to save the game.Yes I did try using the phone.All i get is a click.
It should be one of the arrows at the bottom of the phone (think it's the "up" arrow, the other one is load).

Mom's storyline has not been developed yet, Ashley's will get several new events in the new version!
Not that I do not approve of this, but it might be a good idea to alternate content? That way all content is nicely spread out (and might set things up easier for potential crossplay). Also, when you think of it, there is only one character in game at the moment. Since Ashley is the only one who has content, I just ignored the others. If you progress too far with one character, and you introduce another character later on, you might not notice overlapping or conflicting events (since people will only focus on the new character). If you make the content go up equally, troublesome overlapping events might pop up sooner and you'll be able to fix them (and I'm not talking about small stuff where you have to make choices between two characters for love points but potential major events that will screw up the timing for other characters to advance). I don't know, maybe I'm just overthinking it. I'm just trying to see it from the standpoint of a new player (since I do restart games when they get an update) who'll be unable to follow the grind of two or three characters at once, especially if they want to spread out their control.

4.20 star(s) 255 Votes