TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That actually sounds like a 'fuck-up'. Did you change any flags? Check if there is an auto-save from before the bail-out and retry.

P.S: The time usage for courses is a known issue by now and Faerin is aware of it.
IDK about anyone else, but I had the same issue on the test version, when I handed her the ID, the scene just kind of ended. Reloaded an old save and I was able to get through it without problems.

Reactions: cru and toolkitxx

cru

Jul 14, 2017
That actually sounds like a 'fuck-up'. Did you change any flags? Check if there is an auto-save from before the bail-out and retry.

P.S: The time usage for courses is a known issue by now and Faerin is aware of it.
i didn't change any flags although i considering it as i don't feel like doing everything else again. I admit i did just click through the dialog fast as i remember how it goes, so i didn't exactly see the fuck up as it were.
Veronica came out to greet me but instead of going in the taxi together i was booted from the police station as i would have been normally at that time of day. and there was no interaction when i got home.

EDIT: could it be that there's a stat (charisma perhaps) that i don't have a high enough level in?

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
i didn't change any flags although i considering it as i don't feel like doing everything else again. I admit i did just click through the dialog fast as i remember how it goes, so i didn't exactly see the fuck up as it were.
Veronica came out to greet me but instead of going in the taxi together i was booted from the police station as i would have been normally at that time of day. and there was no interaction when i got home.

EDIT: could it be that there's a stat (charisma perhaps) that i don't have a high enough level in?
Check your flags for Veronica. "arrested" is it a 0 or a 1? If it is 0, change it to a 1.

cru

Jul 14, 2017
Check your flags for Veronica. "arrested" is it a 0 or a 1? If it is 0, change it to a 1.
I went through my flags and all of these ones are at 1:
Achievement_jail_id, Achievement_jail_key, Achievement_locked_up, arrested, coffee_blackmail, night_visit, spied on her.

EDIT: double-checking; the midnight_phone_call is at 8 ???
i'll try saving and changing this and see how it goes, though since i missed some scenes i doubt it'll fix much

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
Achievement_jail_id, Achievement_jail_key, Achievement_locked_up, arrested, coffee_blackmail, night_visit, spied on her.

i'll try saving and changing this and see how it goes, though since i missed some scenes i doubt it'll fix much
Yes midnight phone call should be 8.

Give me a few minutes. Will check for more concerning the arrest.

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018

Can you give me your save file please so I can take a look at it?

cru

Jul 14, 2017
Yes midnight phone call should be 8.

Give me a few minutes. Will check for more concerning the arrest.
i still have the faulty save and i'll be ready to test stuff if need be for the hour or so, but i bit the bullet and started a new game. i'll save just before and try to reload if it doesn't work as intended, hopefully that'll fix it like it did with TheDevian

cru

Jul 14, 2017
i still have the faulty save and i'll be ready to test stuff if need be for the hour or so, but i bit the bullet and started a new game. i'll save just before and try to reload if it doesn't work as intended, hopefully that'll fix it like it did with TheDevian
Just tried it again, no problems this time, so it's either a random error or one caused by me clicking too fast, if i had to guess.

Reactions: toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Clicking very fast through the scenes might have caused the issue. I did something similar when i wanted to test something and managed to get the UI to completely freeze up at times. You might want to restrain yourself :)

Reactions: MerlinUSA and cru

cru

Jul 14, 2017
Clicking very fast through the scenes might have caused the issue. I did something similar when i wanted to test something and managed to get the UI to completely freeze up at times. You might want to restrain yourself :)
likely, i've had past experiences where the game slighty bugged with some scenes that made me have to redo them the next day. Though i've never had anything gamebreaking like this. Faerin should maybe decrease the speed of how fast holding down ctrl speeds up text, just to reduce the chance of it happening.

Reactions: toolkitxx

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
Just tried it again, no problems this time, so it's either a random error or one caused by me clicking too fast, if i had to guess.
Good to know. Please be sure to save often and have a couple different saves you can fall back to in case this happens in the future. There is a scene transition bug that has popped up that we are trying to isolate and fix, so things like that might happen again. I'm digging through your save with Faerin, but since you moved on, I guess you won't be needing a fixed save back. :p

Anyway, thanks for the report.

Reactions: cru

cru

Jul 14, 2017
Good to know. Please be sure to save often and have a couple different saves you can fall back to in case this happens in the future. There is a scene transition bug that has popped up that we are trying to isolate and fix, so things like that might happen again. I'm digging through your save with Faerin, but since you moved on, I guess you won't be needing a fixed save back. :p

Anyway, thanks for the report.
No prob.
And yeah, i'll just play from here on the new one. i figured i better start anew instead of getting to far ahead with an error that might not be fixable.
happy bug-hunting :D

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
No prob.
And yeah, i'll just play from here on the new one. i figured i better start anew instead of getting to far ahead with an error that might not be fixable.
happy bug-hunting :D
When you gave Debby her ID, the scene dropped out on you. It didn't get a chance to set "slave_level" to 1 in the flags. If you want to continue with your old save, just set that flag to 1 and move to a different screen and it'll refresh Veronica's hint. Thanks again for the report.

Reactions: cru

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
Just to understand. If I download 0.8.3, do I have to start a new game or does the save from 0.8.2 still work?
The games systems were completely redone, so old saves do not work. It includes a 100% save when you download it. The only thing you have to do in the included save is walk around to find the pizzeria flier and visit it for it to fully unlock 100%. (Dev was sleepy when making the 100% save file and fat fingers occurred, buy Faerin more coffee! :closedtongue: )

Reactions: Lucifer_Morningstar

Richard Perkins

Jul 15, 2017
I followed all the inst. on installation and i still freeze on the opening page, i get the unity logo and then i freeze and i stuck with a black screen..... anybody help me??

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I followed all the inst. on installation and i still freeze on the opening page, i get the unity logo and then i freeze and i stuck with a black screen..... anybody help me??
You might have a simple access problem on your harddrive. Make sure the entire directory and sub-directories and all the files have full access for your user.

Turalyon

Aug 19, 2017
The games systems were completely redone, so old saves do not work. It includes a 100% save when you download it. The only thing you have to do in the included save is walk around to find the pizzeria flier and visit it for it to fully unlock 100%. (Dev was sleepy when making the 100% save file and fat fingers occurred, buy Faerin more coffee! :closedtongue: )
Thx. I think I'll start a new game, since there were things in my playthrough that I hadn't discovered/triggered yet (like the superhero/vigilante encounter)

Reactions: Cybernetics

k83316

Aug 7, 2017
And here is another problem... Maybe someone can help?
I used money and stat cheats. No flags have been touched.

The problem is: I cannot take the necesssary pictures of Veronica as a proof for Amy. To get them, I send Veronica on the mission to do the chores at 10:00 (while her breakfast) wait until 12:00, visit her at her housework and take her with me to my room. I then choose the handcuff and blindfold option.... and the whole "tie to the chair and lick her" Scene starts and ends. She leaves my room (very satisfied) and i didnt had the choice to take any pictures.

Strange: If i visit Amy AGAIN at the neon at night, the whole "Please tell me how you got Veronica - lets continue out talk in the gym - Please show me a proof"- thing can be repeated again and again (once a day).

Maybe someone has an idea?

4.20 star(s) 254 Votes