MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Not exactly sure why that is though, Unity has that option. ...not that I have tried it yet.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Additional work and support required for multiple versions is a major reason devs already avoid doing Android ports of Ren'py games themselves. The ports we see of Ren'py games are done by users aided by the fact that Ren'py is a much easier engine to work with, I'm not sure how open Unity games are to allowing third parties to mess with them but even if they can convert they might not have the technical know how or interest in spending the time to actually support it. Then you have to deal with the complaints if the user's device can't actually run it and I doubt many would be interested in dealing with the potential headaches for something they're not going to be compensated for.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Additional work and support required for multiple versions is a major reason devs already avoid doing Android ports of Ren'py games themselves. The ports we see of Ren'py games are done by users aided by the fact that Ren'py is a much easier engine to work with, I'm not sure how open Unity games are to allowing third parties to mess with them but even if they can convert they might not have the technical know how or interest in spending the time to actually support it. Then you have to deal with the complaints if the user's device can't actually run it and I doubt many would be interested in dealing with the potential headaches for something they're not going to be compensated for.
As for third party, it's not really possible with the way Unity exports the game, you need to have access to the original files to make another version. I have never tried to export a decent sized game, only minor tech demos to test menus, but there was not a lot to it, other than having to export it once per platform. It could be that the UI doesn't work well without tweaking, or it could be that demand by the supporters isn't high enough, or some other reason, I couldn't say. Maybe I will be able to let you know once I get far enough along to try it myself. ;)

Reactions: cold_arctus

AE7777

Aug 9, 2017
Hi friends , i have V.09.2 of game, and i want update to last version
but I've downloaded Update only v09.0.4 and v09.0.4beta and i can't update that
i think i need first update from v09.2 to v09.3
can anyone help me?
thank you

4.20 star(s) 255 Votes