Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
How long does it take with taxi for you? Is it 1-10 minutes or 20-30 minutes?
There hasn't been any changes to the game since v0.8.3 when the UI was overhauled and some dialog from the beginning redone.

For me:
Walking from the bar to home at midnight I arrived at 2:09am.
Taking the taxi from home to the bar at 2am I arrived at 2:43am.
Taking the public transportation from the bar at 3am I arrived home at 4:26am.

Reactions: TheDevian

necnec

May 9, 2019
There hasn't been any changes to the game since v0.8.3 when the UI was overhauled and some dialog from the beginning redone.

For me:
Walking from the bar to home at midnight I arrived at 2:09am.
Taking the taxi from home to the bar at 2am I arrived at 2:43am.
Taking the public transportation from the bar at 3am I arrived home at 4:26am.
Ok, so I've loaded a save from previous days. travel home->club is 3/6/9.
Loaded the latest save is 58/1.54/2.56 !!
It may be related to the angel path which I've started

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Ok, so I've loaded a save from previous days. travel home->club is 3/6/9.
Loaded the latest save is 58/1.54/2.56 !!
It may be related to the angel path which I've started
I remember that I had a travel problem too. MC started to take the longest travel route and not the fastest to any location. Not sure if this is the same problem you have, but I think I fixed it by replacing the mapping.xml with a "new" one. But no guarantee for that!

But you can attach your save here and we take a look into it.

Reactions: TheDevian
Mar 10, 2019
Thank you kindly. "winetricks corefonts" did the trick.
Yes thanks works for me too.
I think there's a slight error in the installation guide (pdf) where it's written "sh winetricks corefont", it should be "sh winetricks corefonts". The "s" is missing I guess.
Anyway after following the installation guide and having no text on the screen when launching the game, I came back to Wine Staging, enter "winetricks corefonts" (with the "s" ;), relaunched the game and there all texts are visible.
The installation process was not so easy to follow for me. The problem is when at some point I had some error messages or missing things messages. A bit like walking in the dark with a candle but I guess I'm used to it in the cpu world :).
Anyway finally get it thanks to your help. Thanks all (especially queeg500 and skyhawk77) and thanks to Faerin for this nice game.
P.S. : tags for this message ;) : no text Mac version wine corefonts

Last edited:

Dude999999

Sep 20, 2017
Traveltimes where never 10 min. Not even for the shortest distance with the fastest travel method. If you had it before, then the bug is there, not now

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
where it's written "sh winetricks corefont", it should be "sh winetricks corefonts". The "s" is missing I guess.
thank you for reporting this!

The installation process was not so easy to follow for me. The problem is when at some point I had some error messages or missing things messages.
May I ask what you did not understand or was hard to follow? Maybe we can change something in the installation guide. :)

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Thanks. I know that. It's just that travel times were, for example 3 mins for taxi, 6 for bus/train, 9 for walking. Now it's 30/60/90 mins.
I have a funny feeling that your problem is related to a fan made mod that is on here that decreases your travel time that you may have installed in a previous version you might also notice travelling by taxi only costs $1.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Yes thanks works for me too.
I think there's a slight error in the installation guide (pdf) where it's written "sh winetricks corefont", it should be "sh winetricks corefonts". The "s" is missing I guess.
Anyway after following the installation guide and having no text on the screen when launching the game, I came back to Wine Staging, enter "winetricks corefonts" (with the "s" ;), relaunched the game and there all texts are visible.
The installation process was not so easy to follow for me. The problem is when at some point I had some error messages or missing things messages. A bit like walking in the dark with a candle but I guess I'm used to it in the cpu world :).
Anyway finally get it thanks to your help. Thanks all (especially queeg500 and skyhawk77) and thanks to Faerin for this nice game.
P.S. : tags for this message ;) : no text Mac version wine corefonts
When I wrote the original Mac wine instructions for BB and MotH, then later collaborated with @cold_arctus on MotH and Timestamps wine stuff, I deleted my .wine directory and started a fresh installation, to make sure everything I wrote worked.

Do you remember what issues you had?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
If I remember correctly how @KeinBa updater works you would have to download every update from 0.91 to 0.95 but you might want to ask him for verification on this as its not something the dev supports in the meantime just download the full game from the OP (first post in this thread) and you can continue with the updater from the next version onwards
No as larry said, you need to install previous updates first. Install the following updates in order. Or grab the full v0.9.5 from the OP
Okay, thanks you two. Time to make use of my recently-restored internet speeds. Download Ahoy!

4.20 star(s) 252 Votes