Somtaaw101

Jun 14, 2017
tried using the search, couldn't find anything to fix the game hanging during beach scenes. Two scenes currently, one with Veronica (first beach bj) and one with Emma (calling her bluff and putting sunscreen on her tits).

Game essentially hangs, sounds continue playing as if the game was still working and I get a little +/- meter on the right side that I can click up/down but otherwise completely unable to play and I have to alt-F4 and relaunch to a pre-beach trip save.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
tried using the search, couldn't find anything to fix the game hanging during beach scenes. Two scenes currently, one with Veronica (first beach bj) and one with Emma (calling her bluff and putting sunscreen on her tits).

Game essentially hangs, sounds continue playing as if the game was still working and I get a little +/- meter on the right side that I can click up/down but otherwise completely unable to play and I have to alt-F4 and relaunch to a pre-beach trip save.
Could you attach your save, please?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Well, shit. I guess I'll just browse the CG then. Thanks for the info.
No problem. If you're having difficulty getting MotH to load, install the basic version of . I'd also recommend going into Control Panel>>Device Manager. Expand "Display adapters" and see if you have more than 1 video card enabled. If so, disable them one at a time, while trying to get MotH to load, until you determine which of the two cards will work.

Alternatively, check to make sure your video card drivers are up-to-date. If you use Citrix, open up a command prompt as administrator and use the following command:
Code:
CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe
DDLOCAL=ReceiverInside,ICA_Client,AM,SELFSERVICE,DesktopViewer,Flash,Vd3d,WebHelper,BrowserEngine
Make sure there is a space between "CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe" and "DDLOCAL".

Somtaaw101

Jun 14, 2017
Could you attach your save, please?
Attached. Upfront this is a fresh save only started in 1.0.2 (extra) and the only "cheats" used is from the phone, to advance time & day forward and back; so there shouldn't be many sources of issue aside from hardware.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Attached. Upfront this is a fresh save only started in 1.0.2 (extra) and the only "cheats" used is from the phone, to advance time & day forward and back; so there shouldn't be many sources of issue aside from hardware.
I tried both reported animations with your save and both work fine for me.

I think you use outdated video codecs or the driver for your graphic card is outdated. Please provide more information about both or install the newest version of K-Lite Codec Pack and check your graphic card for new updates.

Sometimes newer drivers are available through the AMD/Nvidia/Intel's website and not through Windows Update.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Aside from the possibility that you may be low on RAM (any idea how much RAM you have and whether your video card has its own RAM onboard?), are you holding down on ctrl to skip the dialog or fast-clicking through the scene?

Either one of those three would cause the problem you're facing.

Somtaaw101

Jun 14, 2017
Aside from the possibility that you may be low on RAM (any idea how much RAM you have and whether your video card has its own RAM onboard?), are you holding down on ctrl to skip the dialog or fast-clicking through the scene?

Either one of those three would cause the problem you're facing.
Holding Ctrl mostly but it could definitely be hardware issue as I am using an older laptop. Checks show I have 8 GB total RAM with 7.74 usable and I don't think the GFX card has onboard ram (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series).

Shall try clicking through the scene to at least discount that possibility.

Edit: no dice on slowly clicking through the scene. For Veronica specifically from the moment she takes the tip into her mouth, no animation and the side +/- bar pops up and while I can click through the text it doesn't progress. Sounds & zoom item continue working normally. will try loading onto external and using it on a more modern rig.

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Holding Ctrl mostly but it could definitely be hardware issue as I am using an older laptop. Checks show I have 8 GB total RAM with 7.74 usable and I don't think the GFX card has onboard ram (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series).

Shall try clicking through the scene to at least discount that possibility.

Edit: no dice on slowly clicking through the scene. For Veronica specifically from the moment she takes the tip into her mouth, no animation and the side +/- bar pops up and while I can click through the text it doesn't progress. Sounds & zoom item continue working normally. will try loading onto external and using it on a more modern rig.
Well, the system you're using is sharing RAM with the video card. So unfortunately, that would be the culprit. According to the specs, it only has the standard 512MB of RAM.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Well, the system you're using is sharing RAM with the video card. So unfortunately, that would be the culprit. According to the specs, it only has the standard 512MB of RAM.
I don't think it is a RAM issue. The game runs smooth with my old HP Elitebook 8440p using Windows 7, 4 GB RAM and Intel integrated HD graphic card. ;)

Somtaaw101 try to switch to windows-mode and check if the animation freeze or not.

Somtaaw101

Jun 14, 2017
I don't think it is a RAM issue. The game runs smooth with my old HP Elitebook 8440p using Windows 7, 4 GB RAM and Intel integrated HD graphic card. ;)

Somtaaw101 try to switch to windows-mode and check if the animation freeze or not.
Already tried that before posting. windowed and full-screen, high & low screen resolutions, and while I normally play on Simple (middle) graphics quality, I also tested with fastest & lowest quality. If it isn't a normal game bug, I think we've narrowed the cause down to my old laptop (Toshiba Satellite P100, circa ~2006)

4.20 star(s) 252 Votes