Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I know it was at night, like I said, I walked from the time the sun went down till it came up.. meaning it WAS night. Eventually I found hum but it took forever because RNG and that is crazy.
Gotta work for what you want. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth it being handed to you.

bennyblade

Apr 9, 2021
Depends on if you're following an outdated walkthrough or the in-game hint system. ;)
what does that have to do with it taking 12 days of walking before the guy finally showed up? 12 days is 12 days and no matter what guide I use it wouldn't have changed the in game RNG

poarvl

Jul 28, 2019
Is it only me or there is a bug in the very beginning when mother sends you to buy milk, but the milk is "Sold Out" and you can't do anything anymore (meaning I am stuck).

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Is it only me or there is a bug in the very beginning when mother sends you to buy milk, but the milk is "Sold Out" and you can't do anything anymore (meaning I am stuck).
No, there is no bug in that scene. After you buy the milk and when you go into the kitchen, click on your inventory (backpack), click on the milk, then click on Claire to give the carton of milk to her. If you are unable to do that, or if the milk carton is not in your inventory, please attach your save and I'll take a look at it for you.

Here's a to a video clip of me playing out that scene if you want to take a look.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I only just realized that the game uses the map of Amsterdam. (Walking times not to scale though ;) )

poarvl

Jul 28, 2019
No, there is no bug in that scene. After you buy the milk and when you go into the kitchen, click on your inventory (backpack), click on the milk, then click on Claire to give the carton of milk to her. If you are unable to do that, or if the milk carton is not in your inventory, please attach your save and I'll take a look at it for you.

Here's a to a video clip of me playing out that scene if you want to take a look.
Ummm... but milk is "SOLD OUT" (meaning I can't buy it) and I can't leave the store, since MC tells that he needs to buy milk for mother, but milk is "SOLD OUT" (meaning I can't buy it) and I can't leave the store, since MC tells that he needs to buy milk for mother, but...

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Ummm... but milk is "SOLD OUT" (meaning I can't buy it) and I can't leave the store, since MC tells that he needs to buy milk for mother, but milk is "SOLD OUT" (meaning I can't buy it) and I can't leave the store, since MC tells that he needs to buy milk for mother, but...
Then please upload your save, so Sycho can have a look at it. Since you probably do not have a manual save, look for autosave.

Also, since this is very early in the game, have you tried restarting? Does this repeat?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
It CAN'T be sold out UNLESS you already bought it the first time you went there, that's not how this works.. I even provided you a short clip of me buying it and giving it to Claire, if you even bothered to WATCH it, you'd have noticed that.

So your ONLY alternative at this point is to start a new game.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Then please upload your save, so Sycho can have a look at it. Since you probably do not have a manual save, look for autosave.

Also, since this is very early in the game, have you tried restarting? Does this repeat?
I honestly don't think there will be an autosave since he's playing from the intro. In the short playthrough I did when I used BandiCam to create the clip I linked, I didn't have an autosave but I didn't play long enough to give it time kick in either.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I honestly don't think there will be an autosave since he's playing from the intro. In the short playthrough I did when I used BandiCam to create the clip I linked, I didn't have an autosave but I didn't play long enough to give it time kick in either.
I don't know how autosaving works in this game honestly, but your clip skipped most of the dialogue and always immediately went to the right arrow while navigating within the flat. If it is time based, there's a good chance a first time player will spend more time on it.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I don't know how autosaving works in this game honestly, but your clip skipped most of the dialogue and always immediately went to the right arrow while navigating within the flat. If it is time based, there's a good chance a first time player will spend more time on it.
Yeah, I tried to keep the clip focused on getting the milk and then giving it to Claire. Even for a little over a minute, the file size was still fairly large. I'm just glad that it wasn't too large to upload to my Jumpshare account. :ROFLMAO:

Autosaves for MotH kick in every 10 minutes, but I don't think it creates one during the introduction. It's been a while though. lol

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I ask cause I downloaded the game and she and the others are called mom and sister respectively already.
Yeah, we're not sure how that happened, but it seems whomever uploaded it included the incest patch by mistake. If you want the original mapping file, here it is.

4.20 star(s) 252 Votes