Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I'm still having an issue with video files not loading properly. The Intro video on the title screen loads fine, but I'm encountering problems with the Ashley Bedroom videos. The output log gives me the error "[AVProVideo] Error: Loading failed. File not found, codec not supported, video resolution too high or insufficient system resources."

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling KLCP and still encounter the error without it and using Windows 10 default settings. My video card is an RTX2060 and I'm using the most recent drivers.

Not sure where to go next with troubleshooting. The video files play fine outside the game.
Unless you have a dual video card/GPU setup, you may be missing some Visual C++ Redistributable runtimes.

Option one:
Go into Control Panel >> Device Manager >> Display adapters and see if there are two devices showing. Disable one or the other and try playing the game and see if you can see the animation.

Option two:
Go and download the all-in-one pack. Extract the files to a temporary folder (which you can delete later) and run the included "install_all.bat" file and try playing the animated scene out.

Option three:
Go into the Nvidia Control Panel and disable G-Sync, then try playing the animated scene.

unknown78

Apr 30, 2018
Aha! I seem to have figured it out. I knew I already had G-Sync disabled globally, but when I opened Profile Inspector to double-check my settings, I noticed that I had Fast Sync enabled on my global profile. Switched that off and the videos seem to play fine.

First time I've ever run into an incompatibility with that setting. Thanks for the suggestions.

jed999

May 26, 2021
Well done, a well laid out with good content and graphics.
That being said, without the cheat for money and mood this became way too grindy and unplayable for me.

One of the few I've enjoyed while using the cheats and a walkthrough.

Reactions: unknown78
Sep 8, 2020
Does anyone have a walkthrough for Veronica's first date? (Fancy Restaurant Date) Cause I'm stuck at the choosing her drink part and then the blackjack game afterwards...

vuongvoky1907

Jan 21, 2019
Does anyonw know how to get Special Ending? I got 5 jealousy and 5 suspisition but I can't find This Choice?
Should I find all Collectible before choose that?

nootlife

Jan 21, 2020
Does anyonw know how to get Special Ending? I got 5 jealousy and 5 suspisition but I can't find This Choice?
Should I find all Collectible before choose that?
even if you xheat and gett all collectables. you have to go suring the xay to the cinema an complete the quiz. that is the o nly thing that oes not autocomplete. and you need 100% all to get the special ending

Reactions: vuongvoky1907

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
even if you xheat and gett all collectables. you have to go suring the xay to the cinema an complete the quiz. that is the o nly thing that oes not autocomplete. and you need 100% all to get the special ending
In other words: You need to get all the achievements but one. This will be unlocked, after you watched the special ending.

johnny_reb_21

Jun 6, 2019
I am missing picture 80 with CLaire i keep going abck to the kitchen but it has not shown up. have every other picture of her just not #80.

4.20 star(s) 255 Votes