LeRescator

Jan 30, 2018
Faerin it works now!!! I install k lite codec update and it s good!!! i saw Emma too in massage room:heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:

Reactions: Carcalla and Faerin

rick87

Jul 16, 2017
Important:
For all of you on windows 7 experiencing crashes in the sauna, please make sure you have installed up to date video codecs.

You can find them here:
Thanks @Jaguarundi for confirming this!

The other problems will be solved in a hotfix coming up in about an hour!
i can now confirm that the k-lite pack solved that bug for me too

Reactions: Carcalla and Faerin

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
Important:
For all of you on windows 7 experiencing crashes in the sauna, please make sure you have installed up to date video codecs.

You can find them here:

Can you tell which codec(s) you used in specific? Installing a codec pack can have severe consequences and straight ruin a complete system because it overwrites and installs a lot of things, not asking if necessary or not. So it would be better to know which of them we need to install in specific and download it separately.

Titotiger

Jan 22, 2018
Important:

You can find them here:

It helped me with the codec and it works now.
Thank you

Reactions: Faerin

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Thanks for the quick response.

Does anyone know (hint, hint- you Dev) IF Sophia is going to be getting any new content in the future?
She is, actually she was part of the last poll, but that option wasn't picked.
It mostly comes down to what the Patrons vote for, but every now and then I pick myself to advance the story (like this update).

Faerin it works now!!! I install k lite codec update and it s good!!! i saw Emma too in massage room:heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:
Happy to hear that!

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Can you tell which codec(s) you used in specific? Installing a codec pack can have severe consequences and straight ruin a complete system because it overwrites and installs a lot of things, not asking if necessary or not. So it would be better to know which of them we need to install in specific and download it separately.
To be honest, I don't know what's causing this exactly, the only difference compared to Windows 10, is that on windows 7, DirectShow is used for displaying the animations. So you could try fiddling around with that.

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
If you're interested I've edited and updated the "Original" Walkthrough up to the v0.6.9b. There can be some errors, so let me know if you find some :)
Thank you very much for that walkthrough. It is much easier to follow than the word one that gets posted all the time. Do you anticipate updating it for 0.7.x?

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Updating my k-lite codec pack did the trick: animations work now. Microsoft's media pack refused to install. The FNF error claim must have been my mistake.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
For the windows 7 users, would any of you mind trying installing the media pack to see if it fixes the problem?
It tells my the update is not for my sys of windows 7 64 bit HE

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
To be honest, I don't know what's causing this exactly, the only difference compared to Windows 10, is that on windows 7, DirectShow is used for displaying the animations. So you could try fiddling around with that.
What specific codec are you using? Many of us rather just get the one we need rather than a whole pack.

4.20 star(s) 254 Votes