Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Some people can't afford to be by a pc for the majority of their life and android is more convenient mostly for people on the go who don't live in their parents basement.
And some people are too lazy to use the search function on this site because this question has been answered ad nauseam. I as well as a few others have made it clear, but just for old time's sake, I'll repeat myself one last time, so pay close attention as I will not repeat myself again..

The reason there will not be an Android port for MotH is because it would require the developer to re-code the game, redo the UI, the images and animations to fit those devices. Since it is not profitable for him to do so, there is no reason for him to make the effort to support them.

If anyone has bothered to read the FAQ on Discord, Faerin has clearly stated the following:
Q: Is there an Android version?
A: No (and at this moment I am not planning on releasing one).

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Some people can't afford to be by a pc for the majority of their life and android is more convenient mostly for people on the go who don't live in their parents basement.
A Windows PC able to play games like this costs less than a half decent smartphone. There are these things called mini-pc.
Get one and connect it to your TV.
But really, how hard is it to check the tags on the forum? Or at least the links on page 1?
If there is no link for a Android version, then there is no friggin Android version.
And for a game where development stopped years ago without a Android version there will be no Android version unless someone pays for the development of an Android version.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
A Windows PC able to play games like this costs less than a half decent smartphone. There are these things called mini-pc.
But really, how hard is it to check the tags on the forum? Or at least the links on page 1?
If there is no link for a Android version, then there is no friggin Android version.
And for a game where development stopped years ago without a Android version there will be no Android version unless someone pays for the development of an Android version.
Sadly that requires reading comprehension, which seems to be a dead art these days.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
*sighs in possum*
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:ROFLMAO:
I'm an English/Communications major who had a dream in college of working for CNN in one way or another, and I couldn't tell you how many shelves of books I have spread out over so many genres. I remember those old commercials back in the mid/late 80s for RIF: Reading is Fundamental then the Hooked on Phonics stuff.

It just seems, over the last many years, "lazy brain" syndrome has become a thing; perhaps it's due to technology doing everything for us; smart phones, smart cars, but people are getting dumber by the minute. I used to love looking in phone books and the Yellow Pages for numbers. I mean hell, I still have a flip phone and I refuse to have technology do everything for me, ESPECIALLY in a car.

What's the point of this post? Maybe not to let technology dull out your human senses.

Couldn't even begin to tell you how many times, on this very site, I've had to yell at people who don't use the SEARCH function, or read the posts above them where they can easily find the answers they're looking for. But nope, stupidity is most certainly contagious.

• Angry
Reactions: parakep and Sycho

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I'm an English/Communications major who had a dream in college of working for CNN in one way or another, and I couldn't tell you how many shelves of books I have spread out over so many genres. I remember those old commercials back in the mid/late 80s for RIF: Reading is Fundamental then the Hooked on Phonics stuff.

It just seems, over the last many years, "lazy brain" syndrome has become a thing; perhaps it's due to technology doing everything for us; smart phones, smart cars, but people are getting dumber by the minute. I used to love looking in phone books and the Yellow Pages for numbers. I mean hell, I still have a flip phone and I refuse to have technology do everything for me, ESPECIALLY in a car.

What's the point of this post? Maybe not to let technology dull out your human senses.

Couldn't even begin to tell you how many times, on this very site, I've had to yell at people who don't use the SEARCH function, or read the posts above them where they can easily find the answers they're looking for. But nope, stupidity is most certainly contagious.
tl;dr

Sorry, could not resist, it seemed fitting.

• Haha
Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018

I'm old enough to remember RIF and HoP. In fact, I know a guy who was hooked on phonics. Had to do months of rehab to kick the habit. It was awful. lol

livewire8569

Feb 18, 2021
The thing is that I have played this game on Android as a port a few years back so I know it can be done. Money is tight since the pandemic, a $200 smartphone is the best most anyone can do anymore.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
The thing is that I have played this game on Android as a port a few years back so I know it can be done. Money is tight since the pandemic, a $200 smartphone is the best most anyone can do anymore.
Of course it CAN be done, just find people willing to pay for it - or someone who does the job for free.
My dad got a mini PC for 200€ for his Emails and to listen to some music, it does it's job.

And really, I say it again: If there is no link to an Android port on the main page, then there is no known Android port.

Reactions: undefiniert

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I think you may be mistaken. I've been working with Faerin for the past 4 years now and helped with testing of this game (as well as his latest game). There hasn't been an Android port for the reasons I mentioned earlier. So if you had an Android port during its development, it wasn't an official port. Otherwise it wouldn't have been mentioned in his FAQ on Discord and you'd see a "mobile game" tag here.

livewire8569

Feb 18, 2021
I think you may be mistaken. I've been working with Faerin for the past 4 years now and helped with testing of this game (as well as his latest game). There hasn't been an Android port for the reasons I mentioned earlier. So if you had an Android port during its development, it wasn't an official port. Otherwise it wouldn't have been mentioned in his FAQ on Discord and you'd see a "mobile game" tag here.
It was not an official port, got it from a ex friend who used to do early pc to Android modifications

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
It was not an official port, got it from a ex friend who used to do early pc to Android modifications
Modded versions usually end up being more trouble than what they're worth. I know this from firsthand experience. I've had to field technical support questions from people who have modded their games -- both this one and MwM -- and it never ended well for the players. Once the game has been modified, support is forfeit. IOW, we don't clean up players' messes when using said modifications.

4.20 star(s) 253 Votes