Man of the House: Walkthrough & FAQ Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sonic93XXX

Sep 24, 2018
Also, the walkthroughs (https://f95zone.to/threads/man-of-the-house-walkthrough-faq-thread.16989/) could use an update. they're a little behind.
Which walkthroughs? The only one that's behind is PhoenixFireeye's who stopped updating his walkthrough. I and larry5168 still update our guides (if you spot any errors on them do inform us so we can fix it). larry5168 releases an update to his mini-guide minutes after the update is released here and I usually update my walkthrough a few hours later (I even post a mini-walkthrough saying what to do if you're using a 100% save of the previous version).

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I need help, I can't advance Pam's storyline. I'm supposed to wait for a text, stepped 1 hout at a time but I received nothing. What should I do?
My save is attached

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I need help, I can't advance Pam's storyline. I'm supposed to wait for a text, stepped 1 hout at a time but I received nothing. What should I do?
My save is attached
Change the time to 19:00 on a weekday.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks for the help but I already tried that
The reason why that's not triggering is because of the changes in the flags you made (35 in fact) with regard to Pam. Which means you bugged your save. You're not supposed to have discovered the clues to her whereabouts until after you've received her text. With the changes you made, you've prevented that from happening.

Change Pam's "rescue_asked" flag back to 0, save your game and reload your save. Next time, don't mess with the flags unless instructed to do so.

Last edited:

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
The reason why that's not triggering is because of the changes in the flags you made (35 in fact) with regard to Pam. Which means you bugged your save. You're not supposed to have discovered the clues to her whereabouts until after you've received her text. With the changes you made, you've prevented that from happening.

Change Pam's "rescue_asked" flag back to 0, save your game and reload your save. Next time, don't mess with the flags unless instructed to do so.
Huh that's funny because I never touched that flag. I actually changed another one (found_clues or something like that) in an attempt to fix the save, but since it didn't work I restored it back to its original value. Couldn't expect a simple change to create a mess like that...
Thank you very much, by the way, for your time :)

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Huh that's funny because I never touched that flag.
You have changed flag "discovered pizzaria", too. Anyway, one event triggers next. If you don't have clue what flags are for, when to change, what flag to change, and at what value you will break game. But I think you got it by now.

I actually changed another one (found_clues or something like that) in an attempt to fix the save,
Why would you need to fix save? It got broken after your messing with flags. Flags console is not there so you can cheat stats. It's just there to trigger stat if counter fails to trigger next event.

Couldn't expect a simple change to create a mess like that...
Those were 34 not so simple changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeefZ and Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Huh that's funny because I never touched that flag. I actually changed another one (found_clues or something like that) in an attempt to fix the save, but since it didn't work I restored it back to its original value. Couldn't expect a simple change to create a mess like that...
Thank you very much, by the way, for your time :)
You're welcome.

MotH relies heavily on the flags which allows you to progress with the next hint in their story line. So when you change the wrong flag or change multiple flags, that throws the game out of wack, as you've seen. The flags console is only there to fix bugs in the game, yet folks are abusing it as a cheat system. That's the reason Faerin reworded the warning in the console to emphasize that things like this can and will happen if you change something you shouldn't.
flags-warning.jpg

Reactions: Thermophob

Ytakus

May 14, 2019
I have a problem with version 9.7, every time I use the phone to save, I end up with "access denied" and "the game is unable to write to the backup directory". Can anyone help me?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I have a problem with version 9.7, every time I use the phone to save, I end up with "access denied" and "the game is unable to write to the backup directory". Can anyone help me?
It sounds like you have the game extracted to a CD/DVD or some other drive/device that doesn't have or allow read/write access.

Copy the MotH folder to the C drive then right click on the folder, select "Properties" and remove the "read-only" attribute.

Ytakus

May 14, 2019
the worst is that when I play on version 0.9.5 I can save. but as soon as I try the recent versions can not save.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
the worst is that when I play on version 0.9.5 I can save. but as soon as I try the recent versions can not save.
Well windows has had updates recently that may be the cause if you do as I said above and copy 0.95 saves in the 0.97 folder then load it up and see if it works

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Try this:

Navigate to C:\Users\user_account\AppData\LocalLow and delete the folder named "Faerin". Now try saving your game.

Make sure to show all hidden files/folders to see the "AppData" folder.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote