Man of the House: Walkthrough & FAQ Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Ok, you have almost the same problem as me. In achievement #2 there are five red crosses. Used my patch and I see that Megan is still not completed. Checking the save I see:

Code:
        <Flag>^M
          <Name>work_modeling</Name>^M
          <Value>0</Value>^M
          <ResetTime>0</ResetTime>^M
          <ResetTimer>0</ResetTimer>^M
        </Flag>^M
So you didn't ask this from her. Ask her "Arbeitest du gerne hier?" -- luckily I know some German :) -- and another question "Wow! Du bist also eine Model?" is added. Ask that. Unfortunately this resets meeting her to false again. So here is a patched version where I asked the question about modeling also.

Last edited:

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Load the attached save in my post above. You can now think about your future with a new option that you can't choose between your relatives :)

The rest is explaining on how to fix it and why it is in your case a bit more complicated because you didn't finish all questions for Megan, the girl at the coffee shop.

Hunchereng

Oct 25, 2019
Load the attached save in my post above. You can now think about your future with a new option that you can't choose between your relatives :)

The rest is explaining on how to fix it and why it is in your case a bit more complicated because you didn't finish all questions for Megan, the girl at the coffee shop.

Hi Thanks for your Help but i still dont get the i cant choose when i think about future

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Did you load the repaired 454143_HUNCHERENG_290_-_09.24_repaired.sav from my post? If I go to my bedroom and think about my future, I see this:
moth_choice.png

Choose "Es ist unmöglich zu wählen!" :)

If this option isn't present you didn't load my save. The time is different because I had to talk with Megan from the coffeeshop...

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
K think I bumped into a problem with the Angel path. Opening the laptop in Mom's room and read about the experiments and etc. and the office didn't appear on the map yet it's telling me to go pay a visit. Any thoughts?
It's not a bug, you have to progress with Claire a little bit first.

Go to the rooftop at 6am and help Claire with her yoga (you'll need to do this 4 times - the 3rd time you will unlock a new option).
Go to the kitchen at 17:00 when she's cooking dinner.
Finally, go to the beach on Sunday morning, check on Claire and pick the last option.

Now you should see a hint from Claire about forgetting her briefcase. Go to the living room after 10am and you'll see it on the couch. Use the Google app on your phone and that will unlock her work on your map.

Reactions: JayNTx

Hunchereng

Oct 25, 2019
Did you load the repaired 454143_HUNCHERENG_290_-_09.24_repaired.sav from my post? If I go to my bedroom and think about my future, I see this:
View attachment 440321

If this option isn't present you didn't load my save. The time is different because I had to talk with Megan from the coffeeshop...
Yes i loaded your save , i will try again later or tomorow thanks

Hunchereng

Oct 25, 2019
View attachment 440321

So i tried it again erased all my savegames and only kept yours, but still there are only the Girls to choose i dont have the es ist unmöglich zu wählen

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Hmm, are all ladies in achievement #2 still green? Or is one red? Here the save a gave you gives me the option as shown in the screenshot. Strange. Or wait, did you talk with Megan again? That resets the meeting her, so she has a red cross again. Try downloading the save above and DON'T do anything. Just go to your room and think about the future.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So i tried it again erased all my savegames and only kept yours, but still there are only the Girls to choose i dont have the es ist unmöglich zu wählen
Instead of jumping through hoops to try and "fix" your save, wouldn't it be much easier to attach it so one of us can fix it for you? :unsure:

Hunchereng

Oct 25, 2019
Hmm, are all ladies in achievement #2 still green? Or is one red? Here the save a gave you gives me the option as shown in the screenshot. Strange. Or wait, did you talk with Megan again? That resets the meeting her, so she has a red cross again. Try downloading the save above and DON'T do anything. Just go to your room and think about the future.
Yes did this twice loaded the save and went directly too the room did nothing else
Weird why doesent it work with me ..
Ecerything is Green except 16

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Instead of jumping through hoops to try and "fix" your save, wouldn't it be much easier to attach it so one of us can fix it for you? :unsure:
I fixed his save the same way I fixed mine. See the post above. The strange part is that it works on my end, but for some reason not on his. I'm playing under Linux with Wine. May be that is the reason?

I based the fix on comparing saves from others which are repaired on this forum with the diff command. That is what programmers use to find the differences in patched code, so others can fix there code as well. That is done through the patch command. I used this trick because editing the normal way gives an extra line end at the last line and those files wouldn't load for me.

The patch is also uploaded in the posts above. As you can see it changes five lines -- the five ladies -- from false to true. As said this is what I found in comparing other uploaded and then repaired saves. It is also logical. The only problem I then found in case of Hunchereng is that he didn't talk with Megan about the modeling job. When I did that, the meeting her returned to false again. So I used his original save, advanced the time, did the questions with Megan, saved and then patched that one.

The reasons for all this trickery is that in this forum I see patched saves, but no one is explaining how that is done. And that is something I don't like :)

GuFf1k

Oct 26, 2019
Hello. Sorry, I am writing through google translator. I can not understand. How do I go further? I would like to complete the passage 100% on my own, if possible ...

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
I can not understand. How do I go further? I would like to complete the passage 100% on my own, if possible ...
If everything is at 100%, you talked with those five ladies and only achievement #16 is not done, you have hit the bug. For some reason the game is not recording correctly that you talked with those five ladies and did all there special questions. The solution is patching the .sav but that is kind of tricky. I posted a patch file some posts before which worked for me. But it seems that it doesn't for others. So your mileage may vary...

You can upload your .sav and I will try to patch it. But no promises :)

Or may be some other have a foolproof solution? If so, please share the exact procedure. I've run into problems when fixing it in a normal text editor like Gedit -- Notepad version in Linux -- or Atom.

Edit:
In Atom you can disable automatically adding an end of line character aat the last line. It looks that Notepad++ for Windows has something similar by default. Anyway go to Edit | Preferences and then Packages. Got to the Whitespace package Settings and deselect the Ensure Single Trailing Newline.

For Gedit there is a similar option, but that is .

Edit 2:
So the procedure for Patching in Atom -- or probably Notepad++ as well -- is first do the setting above. In Atom there shouldn't be a visible empty line after </PlayerData>. If there is one visible, saving will lead to a corrupt save and it will not be loaded. Also the continue button will probably have a lock. Remove the corrupted save and try again :)

Now search for ">Valerie" -- without the quotes -- and change a few lines further down the "<Visible>false</Visible>" to "<Visible>true</Visible>" -- again without quotes. Repeat for ">Kathy", ">Cassie", ">Linda" and ">Megan<". Save the file and load it in the game. Now go to your room and think about the future. It should show seven options and the sixth is the wanted final ending.

If not, you didn't talk with all the mentioned ladies. Visit them and do all there dialogue lines. One or more now will give a red cross in achievement #2 because of the bug. Open this new save again and repeat the procedure.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GuFf1k

GuFf1k

Oct 26, 2019
If everything is at 100%, you talked with those five ladies and only achievement #16 is not done, you have hit the bug. For some reason the game is not recording correctly that you talked with those five ladies and did all there special questions. The solution is patching the .sav but that is kind of tricky. I posted a patch file some posts before which worked for me. But it seems that it doesn't for others. So your mileage may vary...

You can upload your .sav and I will try to patch it. But no promises :)

Or may be some other have a foolproof solution? If so, please share the exact procedure. I've run into problems when fixing it in a normal text editor like Gedit -- Notepad version in Linux -- or Atom.

Edit:
In Atom you can disable automatically adding an end of line character aat the last line. It looks that Notepad++ for Windows has something similar by default. Anyway go to Edit | Preferences and then Packages. Got to the Whitespace package Settings and deselect the Ensure Single Trailing Newline.

For Gedit there is a similar option, but that is .

Edit 2:
So the procedure for Patching in Atom -- or probably Notepad++ as well -- is first do the setting above. In Atom there shouldn't be a visible empty line after </PlayerData>. If there is one visible, saving will lead to a corrupt save and it will not be loaded. Also the continue button will probably have a lock. Remove the corrupted save and try again :)

Now search for ">Valerie" -- without the quotes -- and change a few lines further down the "<Visible>false</Visible>" to "<Visible>true</Visible>" -- again without quotes. Repeat for ">Kathy", ">Cassie", ">Linda" and ">Megan<". Save the file and load it in the game. Now go to your room and think about the future. It should show seven options and the sixth is the wanted final ending.

If not, you didn't talk with all the mentioned ladies. Visit them and do all there dialogue lines. One or more now will give a red cross in achievement #2 because of the bug. Open this new save again and repeat the procedure.

I'm sorry, I am again writing through Google translator. Thanks, here is my save. I want to keep it. Hope my problem can be solved.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
I fixed your save, however the final option in thinking about your future doesn't show after patching. I tried to see if there are other problems by comparing with my working save, but that isn't as simple as I hoped. I will try to write a Bash script so I create a condensed version of the save so I can compare it better. But that will take some time...

May be someone else can see what is the problem?

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Hope my problem can be solved.
I've wrote an Bash shell scrip to clean up the saves so I can compare them. And that gave me at least the following:

Code:
-Jealousy=5
+Jealousy=3
-Suspicion=5
+Suspicion=3
Lines with - is mys save, with + is yor save. You must raise Ashley's jealousy to 5 and mom/claire's suspicion to 5. It is strange that is says that both are 100% completed. I think this save is somehow already altered?

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Thanks for the Help here is my save :)
I checked your save with my Bash script and it looks like you didn't do the moviebuff achievement as well?

Edit:
I'm correct. Just loaded your save and I see that you don't have achievement #9 either :)

Last edited:

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
My other problem now is that ive seen all the endings and suspicion/jealousy is 5 in all of them but i cant see the bonus ending :(
As for as I can see you didn't get an answer? I've loaded your save to see if it is completed so I could use it in my test script. But it seemks that you haven't done everything:

* photo's are missing, see different ladies on there status => all must have a green V so the overachiever is reached
* you didn't get an alternative payment from the fitness babe
* you didn't collect all cosplays
* you din't date Ashley
* you didn't escape a robber

Etc. So there is a lot to be done yet :)

All ladies must be at 100% and have a green V as in for example Debby. All your personal achievements must also be 100% except for achievement #2 where talking to Valerie, Kathy, Cassie, Linda and Megan doesn't register as met. This is a bug, but you must talk with them! Achievement #16 is the special ending you want. So your achievement must be at 91% with five red crosses for the ladies metioned and #16 not discovered. At that point you can patch the save and proceed to the last and final ending.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I fixed his save the same way I fixed mine. See the post above. The strange part is that it works on my end, but for some reason not on his. I'm playing under Linux with Wine. May be that is the reason?
The saves aren't OS dependent.

I based the fix on comparing saves from others which are repaired on this forum with the diff command. That is what programmers use to find the differences in patched code, so others can fix there code as well. That is done through the patch command. I used this trick because editing the normal way gives an extra line end at the last line and those files wouldn't load for me.
Any text editor (like xed for example) will work with the save and shouldn't leave any extra lines/characters in them.

The patch is also uploaded in the posts above. As you can see it changes five lines -- the five ladies -- from false to true. As said this is what I found in comparing other uploaded and then repaired saves. It is also logical. The only problem I then found in case of Hunchereng is that he didn't talk with Megan about the modeling job. When I did that, the meeting her returned to false again. So I used his original save, advanced the time, did the questions with Megan, saved and then patched that one.
The reason why this is happening is because Faerin removed Cassie, Kathy, Megan, Linda and Valerie from the contacts list since there's been no new content added for those girls. That's been fixed, however, in version 1.0.2c available on Steam and Patreon.

The reasons for all this trickery is that in this forum I see patched saves, but no one is explaining how that is done. And that is something I don't like :)
Actually, if you search the main thread, I detailed exactly how to fix this problem, which typically I don't like to do because then people will abuse that knowledge and start editing other things they shouldn't, then complain when they bug their save/game.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote