Man of the House: Walkthrough & FAQ Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
The saves aren't OS dependent.
That's what I thought also. But then again I can't explain what I saw. But at least I did find that Hunchereng also didn't do the movie buff achievement.

Actually, if you search the main thread, I detailed exactly how to fix this problem, which typically I don't like to do because then people will abuse that knowledge and start editing other things they shouldn't, then complain when they bug their save/game.
Hmm, I saw in this thread talk about fixing the saves. So I didn't search the main thread :oops:

For me it works differently. I perfectly know not to edit things at least when everything works. I even don't use cheats if it isn't necessary. From start to finish I used 131 game days. I've recorded everything in a spreadsheet which now has 2800 lines. Next year I will try to beat this record. Now that I know what to expect and where the obstacles are, I see possibilities to shave at least a week...

Anyway, I start searching because I saw that even after talking these girls still were stuck at a red cross. Then I saw people uploading and other people "fixing" it without explanation on what was fixed. At such points the researcher in me becomes curious :)

Thanks for the answers. I enjoyed the game. And if this is the only bug in such a huge game, it is impressive!

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
That's what I thought also. But then again I can't explain what I saw. But at least I did find that Hunchereng also didn't do the movie buff achievement.

Hmm, I saw in this thread talk about fixing the saves. So I didn't search the main thread :oops:

For me it works differently. I perfectly know not to edit things at least when everything works. I even don't use cheats if it isn't necessary. From start to finish I used 131 game days. I've recorded everything in a spreadsheet which now has 2800 lines. Next year I will try to beat this record. Now that I know what to expect and where the obstacles are, I see possibilities to shave at least a week...

Anyway, I start searching because I saw that even after talking these girls still were stuck at a red cross. Then I saw people uploading and other people "fixing" it without explanation on what was fixed. At such points the researcher in me becomes curious :)

Thanks for the answers. I enjoyed the game. And if this is the only bug in such a huge game, it is impressive!
A majority of the time I've never been asked how I fixed their save. But that's probably because once it's fixed, it doesn't matter to them now they can finish playing through - lol. But if asked, I'm always happy to share some insight if it helps the next person out. I just try to limit the information I share because I know there are some who like to try to cheat the game and invariably mess something up.

Case in point: I had a player on Discord max out all of the girls' stats even though their achievements were low, then complain there was a bug in his save.

stats.jpg

That's a screenshot of the save with their stats added in to the achievements show their stats were padded. So you can appreciate why most of us who tested the game for Faerin don't like to divulge information that some will exploit (remember back to the flags console).

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
I know people do strange -- let's say it politely -- things. I do a lot of stuff for the game in my signature and there happens a similar thing. I know it is very frustrating if you suspect someone does it wrong but they keep insisting they didn't do anything weird. Until they corner themselves like the screenshot you show.

Personally I play games the normal way. Only if it is clear that I can't go further and fora like this don't give an answer, I experiment. In that case I know I can fuck up things, but I also know I can only blame myself :) Luckily I'm good at experimenting. Most of the hardware I own doesn't have the original firmware anymore for example. And I also like to find out how things work. Because of that the game below now have digital patch files. The Visionaire developers said it wasn't possible, but lots of players now use them without any problems. Thanks to another person who made an almost fullproof way to use the patches based on my investigation.

But I understand why you are reluctant. Personally as said, if people want to experiment I'l give them the knowledge. But they also must understand that they are responsible for using that information. And if you don't know how it works, ask clever questions so we see that you at least try to learn something yourself. I hate questions in which it is clear that people are ignorant and expect that you do all the work...

Anyway I digress. Let's leave it with this. I now know how to solve for this bug and that was the only reason for searching here and not quit finding the answer. That was the reason for my question to see if my assumptions were correct. Thanks again for that confirmation!

Proust

Oct 26, 2019
Hey everyone! This game has been amazing... Can anyone tell me how to get achievements #9 and #16? I've done everything else, all the girls are at 100%, and the tips still show me as having one future to see...

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hey everyone! This game has been amazing... Can anyone tell me how to get achievements #9 and #16? I've done everything else, all the girls are at 100%, and the tips still show me as having one future to see...
#9 is the movie quiz at the cinema.. #16 after you finished all achievements at 100%

Hunchereng

Oct 25, 2019
I checked your save with my Bash script and it looks like you didn't do the moviebuff achievement as well?

Edit:
I'm correct. Just loaded your save and I see that you don't have achievement #9 either :)
But ehy does the save you fixed works with you and not with me ?
and all the achivements are green

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hallo, mein spielstand habe ich auf seite 173 hochgeladen, ich werde erst morgen zuhause sein kann khn dir dann erneut hochladen
Danke für die hilfe
Hier ist dein reparierter Spielstand.

#9 ist das Filmquiz, wo du alle Fragen richtig beantworten musst, um #16 freizuschalten. Danach ist das Bonusende, sofern Claires Verdachts- und Ashlays Eifersuchtspunkte jeweils 5 Punkte betragen, verfügbar.

Viel Spaß!
1572150087500.png

JJJKARS

Oct 27, 2019
Write through the interpreter (sorry). The problem with the angel. In guides it is written "it is necessary to go home at night". Walking, walking. Meets one the guy which says to I gave him money. And all, an angel me not tantalizing. Watched the news, the officer also talked about it. Help

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Write through the interpreter (sorry). The problem with the angel. In guides it is written "it is necessary to go home at night". Walking, walking. Meets one the guy which says to I gave him money. And all, an angel me not tantalizing. Watched the news, the officer also talked about it. Help
Ignore the walkthrough (guide) and use the build-in hint system.

JJJKARS

Oct 27, 2019
Ignore the walkthrough (guide) and use the build-in hint system.
So there is nothing in the built-in system system of prompts. On really character cues no there is no, except as "is worth to join "name of girls" and all. No mention of any super heroes and walks. Maybe I'm stupid.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
So there is nothing in the built-in system system of prompts. On really character cues no there is no, except as "is worth to join "name of girls" and all. No mention of any super heroes and walks. Maybe I'm stupid.
pls post your save.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Why don't you do what the hints for MC are telling you to do? Work at the pizzaria and you can continue.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote