1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
from the discord today at around 2 pm: all is finished only waiting for the writers to have a look at the script android build is also almost finished much love
2PM of what? EU, Oceania, America? It makes the whole difference!! Haaaaaaa.... :eek:

I'm just joking, people need to chill and be patient. When it's time, the game will be released, no need to question everyday when the release is coming. Let the dev do his work guys, I would much rather wait for a polished game rather than a rushed one.

Incog Ninja

Jul 5, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'map/maplocationicons/house/zoeybedroom_iconnight_objective.webp'>:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
IOError: Couldn't find file 'map/maplocationicons/house/zoeybedroom_iconnight_objective.webp'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "myscreenscripts.rpyc", line 125, in script call
  File "myscreenscripts.rpyc", line 125, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 1001, in script call
  File "myscreenscripts.rpyc", line 4, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1949, in execute
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1937, in call
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen/renpy.display.render.c:6805)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 675, in render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 883, in render
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 774, in render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1127, in render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 583, in render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 266, in get
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 628, in load
  File "renpy/loader.py", line 576, in load
IOError: Couldn't find file 'map/maplocationicons/house/zoeybedroom_iconnight_objective.webp'.
I'm getting this error when Rex is now able to explore the map at day/night. Anyone know how to fix this?

fkrfxr

Nov 9, 2019
make sure you have the missing file. use unren to get the images out of the archive. try downloading from another site. and last just hit ignore and keep playing.

Rlyeh_rising

Feb 26, 2018
Just curious if I missed something. On Monday, they said new update 'this week'. Then yesterday they said 2pm that day? I haven't seen any update. Are we talking Venusian days or maybe they meant not this week? I'm not the type to push, but feel it is important to hold developers to their own provided timetables. FWIW, I am glad to see sandbox was abandoned since it was a nothing burger as the story was linear anyways.

Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019
Just curious if I missed something. On Monday, they said new update 'this week'. Then yesterday they said 2pm that day? I haven't seen any update. Are we talking Venusian days or maybe they meant not this week? I'm not the type to push, but feel it is important to hold developers to their own provided timetables. FWIW, I am glad to see sandbox was abandoned since it was a nothing burger as the story was linear anyways.
Wait, he meant yesterday? I understood it like AdultKing said yesterday at two p.m. (different timezones and all that) that all that was needed was for the writers to take a look at the script, did I misunderstand?

AVennport

May 18, 2020
Wait, he meant yesterday? I understood it like AdultKing said yesterday at two p.m. (different timezones and all that) that all that was needed was for the writers to take a look at the script, did I misunderstand?
We have not said it would release at a specific time. Currently doing the final review of the script and beta testing it, once all of that is done, it will be released.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
This is why I wanted people to chill. I know I sound a broken record, but it makes no sense people discussing release times over an week or hours... The game will arrive with it's time. I want it as well, but I want a game, not rubbish.

Mar 10, 2018
For the love of God people, I missed a scene in the write-ups so it was delayed one day. That's it, it isn't like we are pushing it back a month while trying to hide it with empty promises or are not working hard to give you all a good game. We are working to finish it up right now. I am getting tired of this kind of stuff

Last edited:

fkrfxr

Nov 9, 2019
I so love this story. Many truths to it. If you own a large male dog you know what I mean. I am sometime jealous of the many female places my black sheppard can put his nose without getting smacked upside the head. there is this talk of knotting, so I wonder if rex will ever get stuck notting as happens to wolves sometimes in the wild. the knot locks the male and female together to make sure there will be pups. sometimes 20 mins. maybe it will not happen cause rex is actually a guy in a dog suit. Still would be funny to see. once again thanks for the share and I look forward to more adventures from rex and his friends.

Fydeout

Aug 25, 2020
For the love of God people, I missed a scene in the write-ups so it was delayed one day. That's it, it isn't like we are pushing it back a month while trying to hide it with empty promises or are not working hard to give you all a good game. We are working to finish it up right now. I am getting tired of this kind of stuff
Hey ImmortalKaiser6, I was just kidding man. Take as long as you fucking want. God knows rushed shit is never good. Good luck doing the QA stuff, it's appreciated, truly. Also just a piece of unasked for advice - don't read so deeply into forum criticisms, it'll just drag you down, we are just random assholes, no need to waste any energy on it.

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Why everyone flipping on everyone else. He said it will be out... As for the guy a few posts up. I do think he himself puts his game out on here for free... There are ways to support him, but he does put it here for free... I myself put my novel out here for free also... I just learned it is also on about 10 other pirate sites... I would like some support, but I don't ask for it... Just give him time, there is a little more than just throwing a few renders together and coding it...

Mar 10, 2018
Hey ImmortalKaiser6, I was just kidding man. Take as long as you fucking want. God knows rushed shit is never good. Good luck doing the QA stuff, it's appreciated, truly. Also just a piece of unasked for advice - don't read so deeply into forum criticisms, it'll just drag you down, we are just random assholes, no need to waste any energy on it.
I appreciate your response. I admit, the line between trying to follow enough to get constructive criticism and going too deep/taking it personal is a very thin line. I took this one a tad too deep probably because I was already annoyed with myself for not catching that scene earlier.

Reactions: Fydeout and fkrfxr
4.20 star(s) 49 Votes