BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Yep. There is a v3.49, but only exist in the dev's PC until who knows when. The Abandoned tag was not a truly voluntary act, as you might learn if you look up their statement on the matter.
Well 2 days later marked 1 year after the Ivan made on patreon. its quite a downer if Nintendo actually is involved on DMCA'ing his ass because is not the first time they go for these kind of things. even artists that draw lewds get this stuff often on social medias and most of them think it may be a false DMCA while others do reach out nintendo to get no response back so its one of those situations when its unknown what the the real true behind it.

Jul 30, 2018
Hello, someone know the save location ?(I have already check Macromedia>Flash Player>#SharedObjects and there is nothing)
C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\(random gibberish)\localhost\(your game location folder)\Ivan Aedler\Mario_is_Missing_PUT_AS3 (3.48).exe
save name for mine is MiMPUTSAVE2.sol
yours might be different

Jul 5, 2021
C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\(random gibberish)\localhost\(your game location folder)\Ivan Aedler\Mario_is_Missing_PUT_AS3 (3.48).exe
save name for mine is MiMPUTSAVE2.sol
yours might be different
Thanks but it didn't work, i don't know why but i don't have an Ivan Aedler folder. Seems like the folder are erased after i close the game. (sorry if my english is bad, i learn)

Jul 30, 2018
Thanks but it didn't work, i don't know why but i don't have an Ivan Aedler folder. Seems like the folder are erased after i close the game. (sorry if my english is bad, i learn)
let me re phrase that
it's the folder name that you store the game in for me it's "E:\Misc\Games\Ivan Aedler"
so my save is in "\Ivan Aedler\Mario_is_Missing_PUT_AS3 (3.48).exe" in side the " C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\(random gibberish)\localhost\(your game location folder)"
the save files is in there the "\Mario_is_Missing_PUT_AS3 (3.48).exe" folder should be the same
the same goes with .swf but i reccommended you play .exe as the fps is better
but the game has built-in cheat go web to see the cheat

Jul 5, 2021
let me re phrase that
it's the folder name that you store the game in for me it's "E:\Misc\Games\Ivan Aedler"
so my save is in "\Ivan Aedler\Mario_is_Missing_PUT_AS3 (3.48).exe" in side the " C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\(random gibberish)\localhost\(your game location folder)"
the save files is in there the "\Mario_is_Missing_PUT_AS3 (3.48).exe" folder should be the same
the same goes with .swf but i reccommended you play .exe as the fps is better
but the game has built-in cheat go web to see the cheat
I found out that i just can't save my progression for any Flash game, it's weird because 2 weeks ago it was working. Sorry for bothering you with that.

Last edited:

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
i know, it just wishful thinking don't take it serious
after all flash is dead i hope he goes unity with his new project not flash.
He IS going to make the new game on Unity (confirmed since long ago on their Patreon post). Also, that kind of line is weird when everyone knows Flash is deprecated, unsupported (outside of China), and practically banned from certain major distribution places globally.

Last edited:

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
ON LoK he said that he argued his case with lawyers and that he was indeed authorized to make the game, no idea if that means he'll continue or switch to a new project on unity

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
I played this game since it was just 'Mario is Missing', with just one level. I remember the fuzz about it being one of those wonderful and HUGE projects, making the game a pure fantasy with characters people love so much.

This guy wanted to put everything (or almost everything) in the game, like much more levels, characters like Shantae, powerups like Super Mario cape (from SMW) and 'worlds' of Rosalina and Daisy, like the Rosa spaceship. Heck, it even has Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario II features.

I think what halted this game was mostly the DMCA which sounded like a 'heavy hammer' over Aedler's head. Aedler said in Doujin's site that N1ntendo was too agressive about this project, and it was a matter of time for them to 'nitch pick' games like that. The way the takedown occurred made him really sad. IIRC, he made some appointments and contacts with entities that defend Fair Use. They seemed to never answer back. Thats how the game world works nowadays. Thats why people ends up abandoning games like that.

But I hope he can continue this game, even if not official, and even being an outdated Flash As3 (I have plenty of those flash games that can run in Android, so fuck HTML5) as his goal was just to give us that marvelous world with Mario and everything. He said (not officially) that he could appear in F95 after the pandemic weakens out, as he lost part of his family.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Konpon
Jul 30, 2018
I played this game since it was just 'Mario is Missing', with just one level. I remember the fuzz about it being one of those wonderful and HUGE projects, making the game a pure fantasy with characters people love so much.

This guy wanted to put everything (or almost everything) in the game, like much more levels, characters like Shantae, powerups like Super Mario cape (from SMW) and 'worlds' of Rosalina and Daisy, like the Rosa spaceship. Heck, it even has Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario II features.

I think what halted this game was mostly the DMCA which sounded like a 'heavy hammer' over Aedler's head. Aedler said in Doujin's site that N1ntendo was too agressive about this project, and it was a matter of time for them to 'nitch pick' games like that. The way the takedown occurred made him really sad. IIRC, he made some appointments and contacts with entities that defend Fair Use. They seemed to never answer back. Thats how the game world works nowadays. Thats why people ends up abandoning games like that.

But I hope he can continue this game, even if not official, and even being an outdated Flash As3 (I have plenty of those flash games that can run in Android, so fuck HTML5) as his goal was just to give us that marvelous world with Mario and everything. He said (not officially) that he could appear in F95 after the pandemic weakens out, as he lost part of his family.
he did make unity one but in different name and characters but similar settings as of late i remember (about 2019)
hope he is okay now.

Commenting

May 17, 2020
The last patreon post from the creator is from September 2020 and it's titles "I'm back". Does anyone have any more up to date info on what's going on with the creator?

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
The last patreon post from the creator is from September 2020 and it's titles "I'm back". Does anyone have any more up to date info on what's going on with the creator?
As far as i know he doesn't have discord patreon server, no newgrounds and pretty much nothing elsewhere to be found so entirely speaking the only place Ivan have an forum account its at LoKForums but other than that no idea.

Maybe he's on a long hiatus or maybe he got covid or left this project on the shadows to focus on IRL work? who knows many speculation possibilities and yet its been almost 2 years now since the last patreon post so for the best that he's ok and maybe decides to do a comeback when he feels like it

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
From me, not up to date. But I know one of his friends, Soren, who tried to help him in Wonderful Sonia game (something like that). He tried to join forces since late 2020 to start that game just to be more creative, without N1ntendo bugging him anymore, but Aedler hated the fact there is 'no movieclip' or something like in Unity (which makes game development far easier and faster to Aedler and Playshapes). He was learning C# and a way to work with vectors (as he hates pixelated bitmaps), but there isn't a good plugin that gave SVG support as easier as editing shapes in Flash. Then his friend disappeared and the Sonia artist got some problems, too. Aedler is alone, he isn't an artist (albeit he indeed put new Mario characters alone). I have a tablet and I can say that a pure hentai image is deadly hard to do.

Man, it's so bad when we end up alone (it makes me remember when I was working with a guy who tried ot make 'The Princess Quest', a RPG game featuring Peach, like in the picture below (At least I got that sketch).

!princess quest rpgmaker.jpg
Perhaps someday I could play a game featuring Peach like that.

But Aedler is fine. He's just preparing to return (as said to some of Doujin's staff). Shyguy0 and other guys may help him to finish the game, just like Combin is doing to Agent Alona Missions. Too bad that Playshapes (who was the man wo did the Mario is Missing and Bowser's castle engine) abandoned his projects. He was the God in those golden times of Flash (2009).

Perhaps someone else have more news.

Last edited:

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
As far as i know he doesn't have discord patreon server, no newgrounds and pretty much nothing elsewhere to be found so entirely speaking the only place Ivan have an forum account its at LoKForums but other than that no idea.
He indeed had PUT in Newgrounds site. I think 2013. Then Tom Fulp (the owner of Newgrounds) removed all Mario parody games (N1ntendo 'pressures'). As well as Super Mario 63 from another dev (I played it back in the time). But you can find Super Mario 63 by goggling it.

MIM PUT recognized newgrounds top 5 daily.png

• Wow
Reactions: BruceMcGivern
4.20 star(s) 9 Votes