4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
Marionette Guide

So decided to write a simple guide to the game. It won't cover everything, but tries to give helpful information. This mostly applies to normal, though I'll share how I beat madness with cheated money and tech, (money doesn't help during the optional final fight).

Basic tips:

- Rank from best to worst goes S -> A -> B -> C -> D -> E -> F
- Girls are named by hair color in this guide.
- Girls are best used in their specialties, purple for play, green for operations, pink for security.
- Guests are lazy, they take the girl to nearest unoccupied playroom most of the time.
- Operations staff are needed to get tech points, use blues until you get greens.
- If there is no girl in operations, and a customer needs service, the service request simply doesn't come in, robbing you of possible tech points.
- Build a single security station on each floor, violence disrupts floor operations until dealt with.
- Up until about midgame you just need a single red in security on each floor. They work well with sniper rifles when you get them. If need be remember to move them.
- You can move security girls, and by holding ctrl, can select multiple ones and move them as a group.
- Melee sucks by endgame, save the melee tech tree for absolute last.
- Techs are a bit complicated, but generally you should prioritize the money making ones first, then operations upgrades, then security last, but you can't just ignore any tree besides melee, so spread the points out.
- Have each greenroom girl equip at least one body/personality mod, and try to vary them. Midgame you might want to have them equip two, I do one body and one personality.

Layout:

- Early game, money is tight, and maintenance is expensive. Use 4-5 greenroom girls (blues and one red), 2 in operations (blues), and a red with basic taser in security on each floor.
- Use the floor with your control room as a maintenance and operations room initially.
- Put greenrooms between playrooms and as close to elevators as reasonable.
|xox OR x|ox = | elev, x play, o green
- The starting position for the elevators is fine, just build up as needed.
- You will only need a single maintenance room for early game, two total in midgame, and a few additional small ones late game.

True Ending:

- You need a purple in a playroom by day 9, and a pink in a playroom by day 18.
- Build at least one bar when available.
- Keep at least one of each type of girl in the playrooms.
- One green is needed in operations, and one pink in security.
- There are different day requirements, but there's plenty of time besides the purple and pink mentioned first.

Madness Final (optional) Fight:

- Save the game at least a few hours before the fight.
- Elevators can't be breached. (from my observations)
- Security rooms are resistant to being breached. (not impossible though)
- Move the elevators to far left or right.
- Move the control room on opposite end.
- Get all pinks in security.
- You may wish to cover the entire control room floor with elevators (or security rooms), though this may not be necessary.
- If you use the previous trick, no elevators except on far left/right besides control room floor.
- Out of 30 security girls, arrange for about 12-15 to have assault rifles, 10 uzis, and 5-8 snipers.
- All girls should have S tier guns, heavy body armor, and tac googles.
- When fight starts, immediately move all security to control room floor. (use CTRL and click and drag)
- Basic idea is to create a shifting front line, moving back towards the control room as injuries mount.
- In case of breach on control floor, move girls AWAY from opening in small clusters.
- Move girls back as they get badly injured on the front line, either individually or in very small groups.
- You may need to slow down the game, but you should be able to win. If you get a breach right next to the control room, load a save from before the attack and use the elevator or security room tactic.
Wait, does that mean the true ending prevents the final fight?
I might give another try to the game after all.

Reactions: Blackfist

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Wait, does that mean the true ending prevents the final fight?
I might give another try to the game after all.
The reverse is true, only when you meet the requirements for the True Ending (have seen all the scenes) do you get the final fight.
The normal and good endings skip the fight.
...Also, Freeplay gets the final fight, because lul.

Reactions: AmaLikeBass

Comrade BLin

Jun 18, 2020
Kinna understand the story (not), don't entirely sure what happen to Hal and Sophia, but very sad at red red loli

Tip (not): gather everyone in front of your office somehow reduce your casualties, do it when things are desperate

Comrade BLin

Jun 18, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks, shed some light into Hal's situation. Though i remember Hal remains her memory but not personality.
Damn, we lost both Hal and the little one? They can just transfer red's memory into a new body.
But after all, sentient is what has to be gain through years and it's different each time, each unit.

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
Thanks, shed some light into Hal's situation. Though i remember Hal remains her memory but not personality.
Damn, we lost both Hal and the little one? They can just transfer red's memory into a new body.
But after all, sentient is what has to be gain through years and it's different each time, each unit.
No, actually... they can't transfer memories between units.
Hilarious, I know. In a world, without external hard drives, every program is a precious, irreplaceable treasure...
It's actually unbelievable that you can't transfer OS from one unit to another. MAYBE it would be difficult to port between models, drivers or whatever, so Alicia's complaining about her own obsolescence could be rooted in some sensibility, but even the most low-tech solution of just removing the fucking hard drive and physically installing it in another unit is somehow impossible... It's the most unbelievable thing here. ...Second only to how you can't transfer androids between jobs. It's literally one of the biggest strengths of AI, that they can just do any job they've been programmed to at the drop of a hat, and you can't because fuck you!

Also, Hal 100% wipes her memory. It's in the startup sequence.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Surprisingly deep storytelling for a base management game about managing a brothel. There's multiple endings, but I felt like two of them were a bit lackluster. The Good Ending is just a rushed bad ending finish. The Normal Ending is more like a bad ending, but it's hinted that Alicia is still around. This, and the fact the protagonist still remembers, makes the normal ending less depressing than the good ending. The True Ending is everything that leads up to the final battle, wraps everything up, but leaves you wanting to see more on what happens after. One thing I do wish this game had was a way to tell who is speaking when no character sprite is on-screen.

Reactions: Lophora and Vagic

Vagic

Aug 31, 2021
The game gave me Plastic Memories vibes T_T
P.s. I hired 3 guards right during the last battle, because I'm a little lazy and it was easier that way..

AlkalinePower

Dec 28, 2021
Aww man, it's good but it only has five girls. I was hoping for something like Monster Black Market with different types of partners and sex animations. But this is still good though.

Lophora

Feb 6, 2022
thanks for the upload. it's a little but fun management game. i like the style retro, pixel. it's the same kinf of game as Blakmerket and Monster Blackmarket. Without the gore, the breeding, and the loli. Pity that ther is no more MAJ.

Jesternz

Apr 12, 2018
If you are a Sci Fi geek, then this game has some elements that will really draw you in. It explores (briefly) the concepts of transhumanism. Be warned, the story is brief, but it has some mega feels

Reactions: rico08 and Lophora
4.30 star(s) 30 Votes