VN Ren'Py Abandoned Married After 40 [Ep.1] [Tranquil Games]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
So the NTR version of this one got abandoned ? Or your just restarting/rebooting ?

I think the only sad part is... the wife was way hotter in the NTR version... here she actually looks old... but hopefully the story makes up for her lack of physical appeal.

jigaboo

May 27, 2018
Probably shouldve just stuck with the old game but made an optional path of either NTR OR loyal/good wife.
The old game could probably be 1-3 updates ahead of where it is now but now we are starting over with new models/art that could be considered an actual "step down" from the old art style.

MayJames

Aug 22, 2018
love the rework graphics / asthetics. not sure though why you categorically exclude any, even option of cheating or ntr.

ps. will play it anyway cause it looks as mentioned very nice

Reactions: Zongor

Zongor

Mar 27, 2018
New artwork looks good. If the women in the game are supposed to be in their 40's, then they need to have a few lumps, bumps, stretchmarks etc...and not the body of a 20 yo! Be watching with interest to see where you go with it UncleVT. Agree with MayJames tho, wtf exclude anything at this point?

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
yeah, the wife looks better in the old one but the husband is better looking in the new one, but no one cares about the husband right? LOL :D

Bulfmaster

Sep 19, 2018
The old wife's model was more "unique", but I do like the fact that the new one is curvier.
I agree that she was unique. Evil spent A LOT of time creating her. She is a one of a kind model, just like Michelle in Luke's Way is. They have their own unique skin, along with other things that were done to them. Evil used Daz, which most folks tend to use. These new renders are done in Blender, so they will look different. However, if you look at the backgrounds, Blender does shine through. Yes, the new guys does like curves =). Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: crisbr and HorizonD

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Alright... Gave the original a quick playthrough, then gave the demo a quick playthrough. I will analyze them both together as if they are one entity.

The current situation (as explained by the writer) is that the game's original artist ghosted them and left them out to dry. This was a very shitty thing for that artist to do. The writer has my sympathy here. This is one of the risks one takes when working on a collaboration. They were unlucky.

I'm probably in the minority here thinking the new renders are an improvement. The renders are fine either way, doesn't really change much. The new artist seems to animate better for sure on the animations, although the previous model had its own appeal. It looks different for sure. I'm apathetic about this art change and don't care too much either way. I guess the new artist is better because they haven't ghosted and actually made a webm animation.

Here is where I think the game has gone wrong:

The game is broken down into 2 chapters each of which has 12-15 episodes. 24 to 30 episodes is a big difference there. Considering a 45-day release per episode we are talking a possible 9-month fluctuation. With the maximum stated time, it will be completed in 1,350 days. Minimum 1080 days. So at least 3 years we are looking at this. I found it off-putting to put the numbers out like that. If you don't have accurate numbers then it's best not to give an estimate about these things. It's the equivalent of going to a movie that is either 90 minutes or 2 hours long, or buying a burger for either 6 or 8 dollars... It's like your boss tells you your paycheck will be either 500 or 600 dollars. Don't show indecisiveness like this! It's just wasting time with almost useless information. This message is also explained by the characters. That is a big no-no breaking the fourth wall like that. They already established a narrator. Let the narrator do its job so characters do not break the fourth like that without justification.

This is the absolute ONLY game (abandoned version) I have ever seen where each and every render has a watermark of the patreon on it. You can't click through the game without seeing that watermark. Yes, we all get it you would like your game to make some money. You do NOT need to repeat that on every image I mean what the actual fuck? If I were the new artist I would definitely not do that this time around because it's off-putting... Not only that the watermark jumps from the left to the right various times to make it more difficult to ignore. With such an annoying distraction it is difficult to actually focus on the story. I find myself playing the "Will the watermark be on the left or right next click" game... If I were the writer I would blame that on the previous artist and stop doing it! Patreon link at start of game, and end of chapters, on the menu everywhere. It's over-saturated. If people really want to support the game just a single mention is more than enough.

The abandoned game that had a total of the 3 episodes... I found it very lacking for choices. There was a total of 3 choices in the game not counting the "are you 18?" choice. This reduces the overall level of immersion into the game.

When the artist ran for the hills the creator was left with 4 choices.
1) Do as they have done now, and reboot the game with a new artist.
2) Abandon creating and close shop.
3) Push through it and push through hard. Continue on to episode 4, but at the same time slowly re image episode 1 through 3 over an extended period of time.
4) Abandon this project, but take on a new one with the new artist.

I would have selected choice 4 there, although their choice is reasonable if they change the story. That's their choice to make not going to knock it.

Anyhow, good luck with your restart.

Bulfmaster

Sep 19, 2018
Probably shouldve just stuck with the old game but made an optional path of either NTR OR loyal/good wife.
The old game could probably be 1-3 updates ahead of where it is now but now we are starting over with new models/art that could be considered an actual "step down" from the old art style.
We've always stated that the first part - Sexual Awakening (SA) will be 12-15 episodes. However, we dictated from that big time by slowing things down and straying from the original story. This was going to cause us to go way beyond the 15 episodes, and quite frankly I don't want that. I want to tell this story, tell Heather's Story (will have ntr, cheating, etc.) [6-9 Episodes] then finish our Married After 40 adventure with the follow-up to SA.

While some folks may not like the new artwork or new story, this had to be done. I have a new artist now and we needed to change the renders. We couldn't continue the story as it was because of the new artwork. Plus, now our timeline has been corrected.

Thanks for the input.

Bulfmaster

Sep 19, 2018
Alright... Gave the original a quick playthrough, then gave the demo a quick playthrough. I will analyze them both together as if they are one entity.

Anyhow, good luck with your restart.
First off, I really appreciate the input. The narrator/episode comment did make me think of what not to do in the future. Point well received. Thanks. The water mark was something that the old guy did. The new guy didn't and I'm glad. We did add a Patreon link to the main menu, but I left the one in the demo. It won't be in any more content in the future.

In regards to choices, the entire old version was skewed. I never wanted many choices originally, but we ended up going with some. Now, I'm not against these, but with the choices we had in the original, it was causing me headaches a the story was changing and going into different directions then what was intended. This was causing me sever headaches because each episode had to be re-written many times. We intend on having more choices, but this won't change the story this time, just give different scenes.

I didn't want to abandon this story. It being our first game, it didn't look too good on us to give up. Not to mention, I spent a lot of time writing this thing. =)

Thanks for the input. =)

Reactions: Koulo077
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote