4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Suidakra

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
That is a fantastic sprite for an RPGM environment , did it take alot more effort than the simple cartoon sprite you normally see in RPGM games? (..)
It isn´t bad for a first try, by it is still awful in my opinon. Took me about an hour, but I saved Poses on her as scenes, therefore I only have to change the clothes for every sprite. But I may overthink it, because I don´t want to make this for every NPC and a mix of "3D rendered" sprites for important characters and standard sprites might look very strange.

You should check out Lust Epidemic (..)
Yeah, there is a big quality difference to my sprite, but they are looking like 6 year old with the chibi head. I really don´t like chibi.

That is the complete sprite.

$Rachel journalist.png

I will give it a try once more somewhere later, otherwise I will try to find a RPG Maker XP character creator, because the XP character sprites weren´t that extreme chibi than the VX, MV and MZ ones.

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
It isn´t bad for a first try, by it is still awful in my opinon. Took me about an hour, but I saved Poses on her as scenes, therefore I only have to change the clothes for every sprite. But I may overthink it, because I don´t want to make this for every NPC and a mix of "3D rendered" sprites for important characters and standard sprites might look very strange.

Yeah, there is a big quality difference to my sprite, but they are looking like 6 year old with the chibi head. I really don´t like chibi.
Honestly the Bar is set so low for RPGM sprites, they are literally all the same... you did that in an hour? Do you think a bit more time would improve it significantly or is the RPGM engine so limited that you would quickly get to diminishing returns?

Reactions: Suidakra

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
I love your sprites and sorry for all the advice, I am pretty sure you can make it work in this style. I myself was fed with all these games and graphics by a fan for quite some time and in the end, I had so many pictures in my head that I couldn't concentrate on what I really wanted to do, always afraid that if I do this, it wouldn't look like there and so on... stay on your course... everything looks great!

Suidakra

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Do you think a bit more time would improve it significantly or is the RPGM engine so limited (..)
This isn´t a problem with the RPG Maker engine. I did the renders in the resolution I was using in the RPG maker. This might result in the sprites being blurred. I will make the next render in higher resolution and scale it down to the sprite resolution. But that is something to try on the weekend.

I love your sprites and sorry for all the advice (..)
Thank you, I am quite happy about any helpfull advice. I have a plan in mind, but there is always space for improvement. And better listen to some helpfull and not so helpfull advice in the beginning, instead of ignoring all the advice and changing things when a lot of work is done.

Reactions: Maxh and JasNom

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
The picture where she stands in front of the window looks very cool.

There are two more things I'd like to bring to your attentions. First of all, if I remember right, I think the enables you to use more animation frames to make her animation very smooth and also allows different animations for running and idle.

And the other plugin is the cyclone which allows to setup tiles in a similar way like XP so that taller sprites interact correctly with taller objects on the map.

Reactions: Maxh and Suidakra

Suidakra

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Thank you, I just recognized, that the Events and Movement Core is already installed to my project, but is was de-activated. I will have a look on it, seems to be great.

The Tile Priority Plugin seem very buggy and so far I hadn´t a problem on MZ with taller sprites. Maybe it is an MV issue, which got solved on MZ, because it has some other improvents to MV based on XP.

That are my plug-ins, the MOG ones were installed by Limpy on the old project, which I am using as source.

plug-ins.png

Reactions: Maxh and JasNom

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
I've used Victor's Engine Tileset Priority on MV and when TrueSatan converted to MZ I've bought the one from Hudell and in the beginning it also appeared to me as if it were bugged, but later I noticed that it just works a bit different than VE's, but as soon as you know how to use it, it works very nicely and so far without problems.

Reactions: Suidakra and Maxh

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
Reactions: Suidakra and JasNom

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
Thank you, I just recognized, that the Events and Movement Core is already installed to my project, but is was de-activated. I will have a look on it, seems to be great.

The Tile Priority Plugin seem very buggy and so far I hadn´t a problem on MZ with taller sprites. Maybe it is an MV issue, which got solved on MZ, because it has some other improvents to MV based on XP.

That are my plug-ins, the MOG ones were installed by Limpy on the old project, which I am using as source.

View attachment 1989399
Have you reconsidered making a game? A new GSR game would be much appreciated...

As would some CG fight scenes

Reactions: Suidakra and JasNom

Suidakra

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Have you reconsidered making a game?
I am doing little things on the project for now. I have 10 vacation days in October, hopefully I get the most basic things done then and maybe a short demo will be ready until the end of my vacation.

These three are the ones I am considering to be her casual clothes. Which one do you prefer?
shirt and skirt 1.png shirt and skirt 2.png shirt and skirt 3.png

Another little step is done, menu pictures.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
I think the third is very conservative, and I like how thin the material of the top is, giving a slight see through effect. On the second I really love the skimpy jeans skirt, but the top is somehow off. So if I had to chose one of those three I would go with the first, even when I like the jeans skirt of the second very much.

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
I am doing little things on the project for now. I have 10 vacation days in October, hopefully I get the most basic things done then and maybe a short demo will be ready until the end of my vacation.

These three are the ones I am considering to be her casual clothes. Which one do you prefer?
View attachment 1994347 View attachment 1994348 View attachment 1994350

Another little step is done, menu pictures.

View attachment 1994761
View attachment 1994762
Looking forward to your game... one thing I ask is use an RPGM version that works with Joi play.... it allows PC versions of RPGM to be played on Android....

As for the outfits I like the conservative suit... I don't think she should dress as slutty as possible since the genre is about various "fall from grace" humiliation and rape... it's much more rewarding if she has some real dignity at the start of an encounter.... I also like what hellos has done in his new version where she doesn't submit... when she gets taken she goes down fighting

Suidakra

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Looking forward to your game... one thing I ask is use an RPGM version that works with Joi play.... it allows PC versions of RPGM to be played on Android....
To be honest, I am absolutly not familar with Joi play, Android, Mac or any other OS than Windows.
I have the option to provide the game files for Windows, Mac or Android, but I am only able to test the windows version, would be very helpful, if anyone can tell me, if Mac and Android versions are working.

Here are the links of the actual playable content, this is far from being a meaningful demo, but feel free to test the quest system.

By the way, I decided to go with option 1 as her casual clothes for now. But the other ones will be availble later aswell.

Last edited:

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
To be honest, I am absolutly not familar with Joi play, Android, Mac or any other OS than Windows.
I have the option to provide the game files for Windows, Mac or Android, but I am only able to test the windows version, would be very helpful, if anyone can tell me, if Mac and Android versions are working.

Here are the links of the actual playable content, this is far from being a meaningful demo, but feel free to test the quest system.

By the way, I decided to go with option 1 as her casual clothes for now. But the other ones will be availble later aswell.
Joi play is an emulator you can get from Google play store to run the PC version of RPGM and Renpy games on your phone .... Most RPGM games work with it but a fair amount of them don't

Reactions: JasNom

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021

So I downloaded your proto demo... the Android one doesn't work... like at all I can't even get it to launch...

The PC version works on Android via Joi play, so if anyone wants to try GSR altverse on their phone download the PC version and use Joi play from Google play store... I am not sure if this happens on a true and proper PC but I get strange lines on the overhead map when I play the game... they are overplayed on the walls and move around as Rachel moves around...

Also in the kitchen there is a door to a warehouse If I try and do anything I get into a fight with an old man and before any fighting happens I win the fight but then the game tells me I "killed a civilian" and get a game over? Is there more to this or is that just how far you got?

Reactions: JasNom and Suidakra

Suidakra

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Thank you for the feedback!

the Android one doesn't work
damned

The PC version works on Android via Joi play
Are you able to make a screenshot with the strange lines, I don´t have that issue on my PC or Laptop.

Also in the kitchen there is a door to a warehouse
Okay, the door should lead to to living room and back. I guess that changed, when I copied and deleted some old maps and the Map IDs changed.

The warehouse was the old intro map where the CON system was explained, but the battlers don´t exist anymore in the database, therefore you got the "game over".

is that just how far you got?
You can start a mission on PC and leave the apartment. Afterwards you can decide to walk to the mission or just teleport there. Not much to see there, because I just added one street and a building so far.
The mission is just to click something and then you can go back and report the mission as finished.

Let´s call this a tech demo, the real one is coming somewhere in October.

JasNom

Jan 28, 2018
I've played it on the pc and when I get into the fight with the old guy, I get an error for a missing sound file. Anyways, it's great that you're attempting a game in your spare time. I know how much work it is. Just don't give up if you get bad reviews, because no matter how many people are talking you down, important is that you like it and the fans of the game like it.

HotPotLovers

Apr 23, 2018
there is small problem tho, mc could walk into walls by facing wall when stand at doors.
what is the fight with old guy tho, I didn't find anything like that

Suidakra

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
I've played it on the pc and when I get into the fight with the old guy (...)
Thank you for your feedback. Yeah, the warehouse shouldn´t even be part of this, but I learned now to double check the events now (hopefully....maybe.... we will see.).

I totally know, what you say about about the bad reviews. The hate in the other remake thread was far from being appropriate, but there will always be some idiots, which have to compensate their issues with being mad on others who just want to bring some fun or excitement to the community.

there is small problem tho, mc could walk into walls by facing wall when stand at doors. (...)
Thanks you for mentioning it.

I have to mark every tileset, if you can walk on it, behind it or can´t walk on it. I have to admit, that I totally forgot about it, because it is something I really didn´t like to do in former projects. It is something of the few things I dislike about the RPG Maker. E.g, if there is a tileset with walls, why can´t I mark "all walls block movement". No, you have to mark every single one of it. I bet, this issue will even happen in later version on new maps aswell ;)

Somewhere earlier in the thread I posted a about the project, Limpy and I were planning. In this video you can see the warehouse and how the fights should have worked, if I hadn´t deleted the battlers and sound from the Green Shadow Remake database.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes