3.50 star(s) 22 Votes

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
For real? this game definitely lacks in the audio department, adding some bgm would be great.
Yep, and that's not just said wishfully, I've talked to the dev regularly about it, and I have most of it scored, just need to iron out some kinks so maybe next version.

I'm definitely in the pro-sound camp, and never get when people are like "meh take it or leave it i play with my own tunes". Find any great impactful game on this site, I bet it has a suitable soundtrack.

HeheBwoi

May 20, 2020
Yep, and that's not just said wishfully, I've talked to the dev regularly about it, and I have most of it scored, just need to iron out some kinks so maybe next version.

I'm definitely in the pro-sound camp, and never get when people are like "meh take it or leave it i play with my own tunes". Find any great impactful game on this site, I bet it has a suitable soundtrack.
100% agree, you'd think its not that important but nah its really lends to the atmosphere and mood.

looking forward to hearing what you've done.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
100% agree, you'd think its not that important but nah its really lends to the atmosphere and mood.

looking forward to hearing what you've done.
Right now I'm leaning towards having a rotating randomized playlist of generic background stuff, then during certain special events they get their own theme. Originally I was gonna do it where every character had their own "come out" theme music - I think some games like college kings do this, where every major interaction or sex scene thereafter with that character you hear that song.

What's your take or preference on audio styles? I think games like being a dik or leap of faith do it well where they have a rotating background playlist, but certain important events always get a certain song.

HeheBwoi

May 20, 2020
Right now I'm leaning towards having a rotating randomized playlist of generic background stuff, then during certain special events they get their own theme. Originally I was gonna do it where every character had their own "come out" theme music - I think some games like college kings do this, where every major interaction or sex scene thereafter with that character you hear that song.

What's your take or preference on audio styles? I think games like being a dik or leap of faith do it well where they have a rotating background playlist, but certain important events always get a certain song.
Being a Dik is pretty much the best example of using bgm to enhance each scene. My suggestion would be to have music fitting the scenario and the mood. I think certain character having a certain theme song is a good idea.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
My suggestion would be to have music fitting the scenario and the mood.
Yeah ofc that's optimal, problem is that's the hardest to scale and keep up with, since each new release will need completely separate work on the soundtrack- and no offense but im not about to put in that kinda work for something i dont get paid for :LOL:

Ill try and have the character themes though.

LonefoxSwe

May 18, 2019
Did afresh install.
Getting the same error regarding the gallery as
this happening checking the scene

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/replay/replay_frame.jpg'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/replay/replay_frame.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 3839, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 2565, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/layout.py", line 826, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/layout.py", line 826, in render
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/screen.py", line 688, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/im.py", line 625, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/im.py", line 287, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/im.py", line 706, in load
    raise e

Linux-5.15.0-91-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bookworm-sid
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Mastering The Pink Box 0.06
Thu Jan  4 09:34:39 2024
I downloaded the compressed version of the 0.008 version and got the same error.
Noticed when I snooped around a little that the files are in .webp and not .jpg.
Whoever made that compressed version thats uploaded to Gofiles need to
this happening checking the scene

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/replay/replay_frame.jpg'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 3839, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 2565, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/screen.py", line 688, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/im.py", line 625, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/im.py", line 287, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "/media/xxxxx/LoL/game/NoJugados/MtPB/MasteringThePinkBox-0.06-pc/renpy/display/im.py", line 706, in load
    raise e

Linux-5.15.0-91-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bookworm-sid
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Mastering The Pink Box 0.06
Thu Jan  4 09:34:39 2024
I encountered this with the latest 0.08 compressed version.
It's no wonder that this error comes up since the script is looking for .jpg and the files are in .webp.
Downloaded the uncompressed version and that works just fine.
Somethings of in the compressed version.

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
Not gonna lie I spamclicked to progress the game and am only vaguely familiar with what is going on. That's on me, I was in a mood for release and didn't have much time. But now that I have clarity I can look back on some things.

This is a decent game. But if I'm honest decent is the highest praise I can give it. Sure it looks beautiful, have a nice setting and gameplay is smooth. Scenes are very hot and characters are unique and pleasant in most cases. However it doesn't feel to me like any meaningful relationship - serious or otherwise - are forming. So in this sense it felt like a scene expo rather than a universe I felt immersed in. Perhaps it's a symptom of too many characters that you can interact with, perhaps I am really inexperienced harem player, perhaps it's the nature of developement with such vast cast that in order to get to everyone you abandon string of hype for certain stories and get sidetracked. I often found myself starting to gain interest in something and then losing that interest because of unanswered questions or hidden events or too big of a pause between steps. Maybe if I was more familiar with the game and knew the hidden stats for choices (if there are any) I could tailor a playthrough with much better impressions knowing what to put my focus on and filtering out the filler - alas, I only share what my first experience was like.

If this post comes out too critical or negative that wasn't my intention. Sometimes I just yap too much. Long story short; pretty decent game, but serious lack of connection with characters from MC's perspective, in my opinion. I will check out further updates tho, especially if there will be choice guide mod someday. :)

3.50 star(s) 22 Votes