caju

Oct 5, 2017
BUG: I bought the first computer upgrade for the house with cash. On a later turn I used the "Free" upgrade from looting the computer from the basement in the slums, but it wasn't actually "free", I found myself over 2K in the hole !
Wait until you have a couple cheap upgrades completed.... Then try to use those.
It tells you that you already have equal or better, then turns those upgrades into 30 or 50 scraps

caju

Oct 5, 2017
BUG: I bought the first computer upgrade for the house with cash. On a later turn I used the "Free" upgrade from looting the computer from the basement in the slums, but it wasn't actually "free", I found myself over 2K in the hole !
Wait until you go a couple cheap upgrades.... Then try to use those.
It tells you that you already have equal or better, then turns those upgrades into 30 or 50 scraps

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Minor typo if you ask Mr. Furry about selling him a slave.

View attachment 1511180

I think "The deal will remove her ..." and the </center> tag is somehow seen.

Thanks. Typo and center tags fixed in Furry's!

About the computer. It's a known bug that'll be fixed in the next release. I advice everyone not to upgrade! Having a negative balance will evict you and that means game over!

Whyllow

Apr 18, 2018
The disappearing books thing is a real thing, actually.

I went in and ... 'gave' myself all the book, then set them to 99% read each. After reading some (would have to check to see which ones) others did disappear. It does seem to be the same pairs that show this behaviour.

At first, I just chalked it up to me having cheated, for obvious reasons. But seeing other having the issue legitimately makes me think it might be an actual thin in the code. Since I have no inkling about working with Twine/SugarCube, I have absolutely zero ideas on how to fix it or even where to look.

Reactions: caju

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
The disappearing books thing is a real thing, actually.

I went in and ... 'gave' myself all the book, then set them to 99% read each. After reading some (would have to check to see which ones) others did disappear. It does seem to be the same pairs that show this behaviour.

At first, I just chalked it up to me having cheated, for obvious reasons. But seeing other having the issue legitimately makes me think it might be an actual thin in the code. Since I have no inkling about working with Twine/SugarCube, I have absolutely zero ideas on how to fix it or even where to look.
I did find that some of the books dissapeared due to missing pic links, but I don’t know if I got all of them. Have to check more thoroughly.

Did you spot it with only the Academic pair, or others too?

Cheating like that means you at least have some twine skills! Must've been hard to navigate in all that mess.

Reactions: caju

Whyllow

Apr 18, 2018
Did you spot it with only the Academic pair, or others too?
I remembered there being more. But it's not consistent. I've had it happen in all categories, but as I just tried it out to give a better/more educated report it only happened in the Academics and Persuade groups. And both of them to pairs I hadn't see it happen to before. Odd behaviour, for fixed code ;)

Cheating like that means you at least have some twine skills! Must've been hard to navigate in all that mess.
Nah, not that good. I even cheat at cheating when it comes to SugarCube games ;) I use the SugarCube Hacker extension for my browser :sneaky:

Beyond that, one has to some times make assumptions as to what the author means by some more obscure terminology. But actually playing a game helps with that.

Reactions: caju and GD-studios

caju

Oct 5, 2017
I did find that some of the books dissapeared due to missing pic links, but I don’t know if I got all of them.
So it wasnt just me.. Ready for the next problem?
Untitled.jpg
Why does it appear that I am losing certain stats when I know I am not losing them?
And how long until the numbers line back up with the actual stats?

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
View attachment 1512410
Why does it appear that I am losing certain stats when I know I am not losing them?
A known bug that's fixed in the next release. It's because you've gone too long without emptying yourself. The effect should not accumulate, however. Wow, that's the most serious example of this I've seen...

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
View attachment 1512410
Another question. What browser are you using? I see that the text is a bit misaligned.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
A known bug that's fixed in the next release. It's because you've gone too long without emptying yourself. The effect should not accumulate, however. Wow, that's the most serious example of this I've seen...
Only 102 in-game days

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Only 102 in-game days
102 days without sex? :D Still, it should only be a -5 modification. But this doesn't happen to everyone, just under rare conditions, so it's a bit of a mystery really. But it's gone in the new version.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
102 days without sex? :D Still, it should only be a -5 modification. But this doesn't happen to everyone, just under rare conditions, so it's a bit of a mystery really.
No, just wasnt the central focus of my game.
I generally only had sex when it became red. Maybe that -5 stacks each time it became red.
I am a kind and gentle master. It is my flaw.

No other oddities that I notice at the moment

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
No, just wasnt the central focus of my game.
I generally only had sex when it became red. Maybe that -5 stacks each time it became red.
I am a kind and gentle master. It is my flaw.

No other oddities that I notice at the moment
Being gentle is more expensive and it might take longer to reach certain goals, but it's generally a safer way to teach a slave about servitude (depening on skills/character build of course).

Great, let me know if something shows up! I've adjusted the CSS in the character sheet. The skills should align better on lower resolutions now.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Anyone got a feel for what kind of stats/skills are gonna fuck you over if you don't invest in them? Not asking for a beat by beat best possible build, just an idea if there's stuff I don't wanna skimp out on.

4.50 star(s) 116 Votes