khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Ok big gardens plus an early Mai Lynn pick up is a lot more profitable than I realized it would be. It's day 7 in my current game. I have 3 big gardens and just picked up Mai Lynn today. Mai Lynn costs $16k to buy. The gardens are really cheap, so day 7 those are combining for a $1650/day profit/food cost savings. That's roughly equivalent to having both the investments in both the General Store and the Weapon shop at the end of the first week, and that assumes the bonus for Skullduggery and an accountant which isn't needed for this. I haven't cleared the scrap pile yet so I can't build a 4th garden but I might when I do until I get to the point where I NEED a Dojo... Market price for food was actually even higher a few days ago.

food.jpg

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
What's the advantage of scavenger Bud? Why is it important to reroll him to get it?
There are nothing special of Bud being a Scavenger. But what do you do with him if it´s not an scavenger?
As a follower, it´s a 3rd rate follower. He will (barely) have a seat in your "c" team. As Guard, more or less the same. He have no discipline, so it´s of no use in a workshop. Have no skill worth mention it.
If he is an scavenger, you can put him to search for merchandise and he earn his wages. If he is not, he is a dead weight (and a royal pain in the ass with his whore attention trait)

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
<<if $ironman is 1>><<set _deadhp to -10>><</if>>
Damm! now I´m scared to the bone...

At this moment, I´m in Watery eyes, with my first (Ansel, Jack, Rebecha and Enya)combat team. Every one with rifles, every one at top health, and I´m not sure if I must go for the Aesir merc. With no Ironman, that´s a no brainer, easy win. But now, Enya it´s just two bad rolls to perma death....

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
There are nothing special of Bud being a Scavenger. But what do you do with him if it´s not an scavenger?
As a follower, it´s a 3rd rate follower. He will (barely) have a seat in your "c" team. As Guard, more or less the same. He have no discipline, so it´s of no use in a workshop. Have no skill worth mention it.
If he is an scavenger, you can put him to search for merchandise and he earn his wages. If he is not, he is a dead weight (and a royal pain in the ass with his whore attention trait)
The reason it's important to me is that there are at least 2 factions that want merch (Christianity and Islam) and merch is hard to come by. Scavengers produce merch based on their intelligence, their survival, and whether or not they have the actual scavenger trait. Unfortunately intelligence and survival both seem to be more of a toggle than a sliding scale. Either you get a bonus for having 60+ or you get nothing. So your scavengers are mostly useless unless they have at least 2 of those 3 things, ideally all 3.

I train up everyone who has the actual scavenger trait to have both 60 int and 60 survival except for Rifle Savant who has such a severe penalty to learning anything from the academy that trying to get him to 60 int is a waste of time. Jack is a bit of a problem for me as well for awhile since he's my 2nd best gardener behind Mai Lynn. So he gets to be my gardener when Mai Lynn heads off to gardening school to get to 130.

Reactions: Fauno36

PowWow

May 28, 2020
I gotta say, I find it so weird that Scavengers get bonuses for intelligence when basically every character that frequently gets the Scavenger Trait is a complete idiot when you get them... I have no interest in sending Loden, Laika, Savant, etc to school for a couple in game years just so they can pick through trash better.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
OK yeah huge update, seems worth a restart. I have to ask though there is no garunteed capture right? if I play ironman I just might not get to capture everyone? And for learning whether in school or from books, is it intelligence, the dillegence trait, or completely random how much I learn?

caju

Oct 5, 2017
IRONMAN...
Bullshit. You want real ironman, turn off saving and I will believe it is ironman.
Death at -10hp isnt really death if you can save right before the battle.
All ironman talk would cease if you tuned off saving and had permadeath

• Wow
Reactions: Saburo. M

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
I gotta say, I find it so weird that Scavengers get bonuses for intelligence when basically every character that frequently gets the Scavenger Trait is a complete idiot when you get them... I have no interest in sending Loden, Laika, Savant, etc to school for a couple in game years just so they can pick through trash better.
I remember the wiki saying the Loden and Laika were actually better off in school to be accountants or something else.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Well you could just not use any scavengers. The problem is the base yield for scavenging is basically zero. Then you get like a 2-3 merch bonus for 60 int, another 2-3 for 60 survival, and another 2-3 for the actual scavenger trait. So a scavenger who has all 3 gets like 6-9 merch per day while a scavenger without any of them brings back literally nothing. I think Laika and Loden might actually get an extra bonus if they're both scavengers but I'm not sure.

I had a game where all of my actual scavengers were doing something else (mostly studying at the academy to get that intelligence up), and I put like 60 slaves on scavenging duty but none of them had 60 int, none of them had 60 survival, and none of them had the scavenger trait. With 60 scavengers, my merch income was... zero. That's how much the bonuses matter for that.

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
OK yeah huge update, seems worth a restart. I have to ask though there is no garunteed capture right? if I play ironman I just might not get to capture everyone? And for learning whether in school or from books, is it intelligence, the dillegence trait, or completely random how much I learn?

though it maybe a little outdated, as in the new create a character, there is a trait that adds a flat 15% capture chance to all weapons.

wawgarny

May 2, 2021
Need help with two funny problems.
1. How I can move saves to another computer? Where that saves layout?
2. I cant find Hamilton jail location when make brother's quest. Is it bug or sumthing..
Thanks.

Bryan_Colt

Jul 19, 2017
Well i do not have slaves anymore i got only marriages with 67 girls did not use a single code i started the game a six time now

everything is going great each day everyone is more obedient more powerful and happy and parties all day not even the companions

escaped marriage what a lovely household, i hope they attack my house a good fight is always welcome, strange enough Dakota

does not want to marry i guess she needs more charming in the bedroom.

1715326610959.png

This is the attire required in the house Starwick.

1715326942820.png

I feel like Napoleon Bonaparte.

1715327300922.png

I hope she will get the dress render soon.

Last edited:

PrideOfVVibu

May 2, 2018
Just got her on the second try. We went for a drink, as far as I could see that's all there is for now.
There's a quest you got from asking about her background after you hire her(you need atleast amiable affection), called Revenge, if completed will lower her salary to 350/day. In case anyone still wondering how to get her, go to the palace district around 9 am and take the shuttle to the Mastersphere (which cost 15k for cargo hold or 50k for first class per ticket so you better go there alone) and there's option to "interact with lt. skye" and then you will get new POI on deck II section 2 where you need to spend time with her 5 times before you can recruit her, the contract cost you 500 and her upkeep is 550/day.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

PrideOfVVibu

May 2, 2018
Need help with two funny problems.
1. How I can move saves to another computer? Where that saves layout?
2. I cant find Hamilton jail location when make brother's quest. Is it bug or sumthing..
Thanks.
1. There's an option when you save your files called "save to disk..."
2. Nvm, the POI is still there, on Hamilton Sq. between Townhall and Whitehaven icon (don't forget to go there between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. also you play on fullscreen right?)

Last edited:
Reactions: wawgarny

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
What skills do I need that are the hardest to level? I was thinking I could cheap out on combat stats and grab diligent and train them myself, hunting also could be supplemented with wildborn. Intelligence seems hard to level but I also dont know what it does.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020

though it maybe a little outdated, as in the new create a character, there is a trait that adds a flat 15% capture chance to all weapons.
Wiki is incorrect.

Whip start at 100% incapacitation chance. So for that weapon it makes no difference.
Staff start at 81%. Manhunter brings it up to 96%.

If you don't care which specific enemy you capture, then Manhunter is a good trait because you will incapacitate random enemies with normal weapons, more frequently.

But, if you want to capture a specific enemy, then in some scenarios, it has the opposite effect, where you may end up incapacitating, wrong target.

If that happens, then manhunter in combination with the limitation that you may only capture one enemy of each sex, has suddenly made it impossible instead of easier to capture the intended target.

So, in practice, it forces you to play in a certain way, because you no longer have the option to kill off everyone else first, and then gang whip the target into submission.

Instead you need to incapacitate the intended target first... And because all his friends are still trying to kill you, it needs to be done quickly... And because of that you need to use the staff or other weapons that may accidentally kill the intended target.

For me personally, that makes manhunter a very negative trait.

Reactions: Gunner Rey
4.50 star(s) 116 Votes