khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Yes, I think that you are right again. Tough is a much better option than attractive for the long term, as attractive is only really helpful during early game and not needed after plastic surgery.

I was also a bit tempted to skip teen subduer for the same reason. Yes, it is helpful early game but only for a very limited number of girls and later not needed.

But then I got into the dilemma that there isn't anything other than wealthy that I want to spend the remaining 25 points on... And while it would be nice to start with enough cash to immediately build a garden income similar to expert academic trait. It would only be a very temporary boost early game... While teen subduer could be very tiny bit helpful even in late game.

Edit: I finally ended up skipping teen subduer and bad odor and added wildborn and last 5 points on manipulate. I was very close to keep bad odor and pick preacher instead, but, ultimately I just rather smell good.

For the pacifist build (with the pacifist trait), I just can't get over logic of forced sex combined with unwilling to use even non-lethal weapons in the battle field.

But, I have not tested it, so maybe I have misunderstood the mechanics of it?
Yeah Teen subduer is one of those that's kind of nice to have but not really mandatory. I like it just because it makes girls like Rebecca and Aria melt like butter. But like you I can't really think of too many options for what else I would take if I skipped it. Crafter? Wouldn't be enough to matter unless I also took Business skill classes. Wildborn? I guess better hunting is ok but I'd rather have easier sex with teens.

As for pacifist, you're still in the fight but you can't attack at all. You can use combat stims and I think that's it.

pacifist.jpg

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Implemented.
And it works great!

This function alone is a very huge quality of life improvement.

I took the liberty of moving around the buttons a bit to a layout that makes more sense to me (I will probably have to tweek that further after a while).

And I will have to adjust allignment for the buttons in full screen on my browser, but damn it is starting to get really close to perfect :love:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit and after a little bit of tweaking styles.css this is what I ended up with.
I think that the most important change was to remove the red border between the buttons. I did it by simply changing border to 0px like this: border: 0px solid #651A1A;

Last edited:

Moisthammer

Jan 10, 2022
This is why workshops are a thing. Build one, put 11 people to work there. Do whatever for a few months, then visit your workshop and crank out 10000 auto rifles in 1 day.
Absolutely. Imma get right on that actually. I've neglected the entire workshop while literally banging the feminism out of these slaves.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

alocha

Dec 30, 2019
Am I blind? Or did you forget to add the button for the historical society? :)
View attachment 3691629
I just never needed it as as button, because science and academics are the slowest growing stats. It took me about year of game time. It's just too long even with scripts. I had a day function something like this:
JavaScript:
async function day()
{
    await clickButton('Continue');
    await morngingBJ();
    await workAcademy();
    await historicalSoc();
    await trainSomething();
    await clickButton('Conclude day');
}
So I assumed everybody else will do the same.

I also wanted the script buttons to connect dynamically to game window, turned out it's harder than I thought and my html skills are not enough.

Btw why are your ingame buttons so conveniently placed? Is that a paid version of the game or did you do it yourself?

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Btw why are your ingame buttons so conveniently placed? Is that a paid version of the game or did you do it yourself?
The Linemod? You can enable it in the public version too I think by going to page two of Options/Game Settings and enabling Linemod.

Reactions: alocha

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I just never needed it as as button, because science and academics are the slowest growing stats. It took me about year of game time. It's just too long even with scripts. I had a day function something like this:
JavaScript:
async function day()
{
    await clickButton('Continue');
    await morngingBJ();
    await workAcademy();
    await historicalSoc();
    await trainSomething();
    await clickButton('Conclude day');
}
So I assumed everybody else will do the same.
I guess, that means that I'm not blind, just slow :D

Yes, having a "routine" button makes a lot of sense and I hadn't even looked at what the Day button does yet.

Regarding science and academics, the most efficient way of increasing them seems to be drinking and socializing.

Once you have enough influence to go to The Palace then you can visit The Orient and in The Orient you can drink House wine for academics and Whisky for science.

But here it gets a bit tricky with max 50 or 60 science from whisky while drinking and socializing at furrys allows you to go higher... But it would of course be more efficient to both go to furries and the cigarr room at that point.

Another similar complication is that hunting is depending on lots of variables. Raining or not raining? Different locations to hunt with different amount of available game depending on how successful previous hunts have been, rifle with ammunition, etc.

So, it very quickly becomes impossible to have a pre built button for every variant of different needs at different points in the game.

Unfortunately, I don't have any good ideas how to simply address that and most likely you have already implemented something close to what is reasonably possible.

I also wanted the script buttons to connect dynamically to game window, turned out it's harder than I thought and my html skills are not enough.

It is the built-in Linemod as mentioned by Clemency.

But while looking at the mod buttons and the line mod it actually got me thinking that a similar bar with lots of somewhat smaller icons for your mod, would probably be the best of both worlds.

And then it would probably make sense to make the buttons location / situation dependent. Like for example battle buttons only available in battle.

But, please don't think of it as any kind of request for you to implement any of it. I'm just thinking loud and I do not expect you to become an expert web designer on my behalf.

The current mod functionality is more than enough for me :)

Last edited:

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Here is update that makes mod less ugly also some minor fixes.
Maybe you could consider making this button part of the mod?

It saves to disk with players first name, day and time in the file name.
Unlike normal save button it can be used anywhere and at any time.

script.js
Code:
async function saveToDisk()
{
  SugarCube.Save.export("MoR "+SugarCube.State.active.variables.pcFirstName+" Day"+SugarCube.State.active.variables.days+" Time"+SugarCube.State.active.variables.daycount);
}

buttons.js
Code:
linkButton("saveToDisk", saveToDisk)

start_game.html
Code:
<button id="saveToDisk" class="macro-button">Save to disk</button>

Edit: Something additional to consider:
Decrease font, remove margins, adjust padding, no two line labels and just cram everything in on one side like this:
1717241770713.png

Obviously less pretty, but eliminates tennis spectator neck from focusing back and forth on the extreme edges.
(I also added slot number in paranthesis for the person selections, to make it more intutive which slots they are in).

Last edited:
Reactions: OneMoreZoner

alocha

Dec 30, 2019
Maybe you could consider making this button part of the mod?

It saves to disk with players first name, day and time in the file name.
Unlike normal save button it can be used anywhere and at any time.

script.js
Code:
async function saveToDisk()
{
  SugarCube.Save.export("MoR "+SugarCube.State.active.variables.pcFirstName+" Day"+SugarCube.State.active.variables.days+" Time"+SugarCube.State.active.variables.daycount);
}

buttons.js
Code:
linkButton("saveToDisk", saveToDisk)

start_game.html
Code:
<button id="saveToDisk" class="macro-button">Save to disk</button>

Edit: Something additional to consider:
Decrease font, remove margins, adjust padding, no two line labels and just cram everything in on one side like this:
View attachment 3693405

Obviously less pretty, but eliminates tennis spectator neck from focusing back and forth on the extreme edges.
(I also added slot number in paranthesis for the person selections, to make it more intutive which slots they are in).

There is probably a good reason why you can not save at any time of the game. So this is potentially a game breaking feature, I definitely won't add that and I won't add or change anything else at least till the next update because my playthrough is done and motivation is gone.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
There is probably a good reason why you can not save at any time of the game. So this is potentially a game breaking feature, I definitely won't add that and I won't add or change anything else at least till the next update because my playthrough is done and motivation is gone.
I'm sad to hear that, but still very happy that you shared the mod and did an extra mile effort to make it blend in with the game.

Regarding the save button, I have used it quite extensively via console and not found any issues. Yes, I was also concerned about possible negative side effects, when used in for example battles, but they did not materialize.

Apr 20, 2018
I have Aria telling me she wants me to let her go to meet with her friends for a rebellion and she will get me when the time is right. Not sure what to do if I should free her, dismiss her/make her paragon. Time will tell...

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I have Aria telling me she wants me to let her go to meet with her friends for a rebellion and she will get me when the time is right. Not sure what to do if I should free her, dismiss her/make her paragon. Time will tell...
Some of her options aren't implemented yet so you may want to keep a save from before you try any of her options. Then you can see what happens with what's implemented so far and reload if you want to wait for the rest of her stuff to be implemented.

fernandopoo

May 22, 2017
This is the third time I play the game. It is too darn difficult to make money enough to make the upgrades and to buy the necessary items (armors and the sort). Since I am a obssesive kind of guy I strive through it anyway: now I have nearly 22 inhabitants in my manor, and a dozen more kids. But still I spend a lot of time upscaling them, giving them education or skills, just because I want to beat the game (and in the meanwhile the game beats me). I hate the traits that cannot really be erased but again at a lot of cost and time. Malevolent is something I dont like in people, and in fictional not as partners indeed. I want the chance to make pure girls who falls for me, with no shamefast, shy, perverted, malevolent, feminist (there are some other that I cannot recall now, but mostly that kind of "downside" of npcs). So I have a mercenary army, and the question is what for? I cannot use them to go to house cammora or whatever the name and make them fight for me. Not even my private family harem. This time (with this version) I cannot even improve their looks: the medical facilities in the way to the palace dont have the buttom like last version. I lost the opportunity of doing the getting my bearings quest, because since I dont like the npc (and he is not even a beautiful lady but a perverted and disgusting guy he died quickly). The game should not be about running from one task to the other to avoid depressive, prone to scape, rebelious slaves. Should be an adventure with more improvements than just another coin in the purse or another girl to make pregnant. So a bit dissapointed. But again, like always, it is free and have a lot of work (a good effort in terms of story) from the dev, so thanks anyway.

Reactions: tsap

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
This is the third time I play the game. It is too darn difficult to make money enough to make the upgrades and to buy the necessary items (armors and the sort). Since I am a obssesive kind of guy I strive through it anyway: now I have nearly 22 inhabitants in my manor, and a dozen more kids. But still I spend a lot of time upscaling them, giving them education or skills, just because I want to beat the game (and in the meanwhile the game beats me). I hate the traits that cannot really be erased but again at a lot of cost and time. Malevolent is something I dont like in people, and in fictional not as partners indeed. I want the chance to make pure girls who falls for me, with no shamefast, shy, perverted, malevolent, feminist (there are some other that I cannot recall now, but mostly that kind of "downside" of npcs). So I have a mercenary army, and the question is what for? I cannot use them to go to house cammora or whatever the name and make them fight for me. Not even my private family harem. This time (with this version) I cannot even improve their looks: the medical facilities in the way to the palace dont have the buttom like last version. I lost the opportunity of doing the getting my bearings quest, because since I dont like the npc (and he is not even a beautiful lady but a perverted and disgusting guy he died quickly). The game should not be about running from one task to the other to avoid depressive, prone to scape, rebelious slaves. Should be an adventure with more improvements than just another coin in the purse or another girl to make pregnant. So a bit dissapointed. But again, like always, it is free and have a lot of work (a good effort in terms of story) from the dev, so thanks anyway.
1.) Money. Money is extremely easy with Workshop now. You build Workshop, you upgrade it, especially the upgrade on the top part. You assign your most disciplined random generic slaves to it, preferably those with Workaholic trait, you assign a foreman with good intelligence. You set it to Manufacturing. You wait one day and the next day the Production Points would have been generated. You buy discounted steel, wood, fasteners, or durasteel from Aimee's Goods in Stokke Hills. You use the production points to produce the items on the first page. Knives. Rifles. You sell the knives in the market beside your house. You sell rifles and auto rifles every 7 days or when you stockpiled enough to Hamah Bay because it sells more there. Hamah Bay is accessed via the port in Darkmere, past Imogen's Barrow. You spend money to earn more money. Assigning NPCs to Workshop involves going to the Jobs and Titles part of NPC Menu and going to page 3 or 4 of the Jobs part, clicking the <- -> options.

2.) Malevolent is removeable which is unfortunate for my account. Malevolent can be lost by assigning your girl to a slavemaster with Pure trait. It is also decreased/removed by the Household stat "Purity" which is raised by pure NPCs with Happiness 40+. It is also decreased/removed slowly if the malevolent NPC's Kindness stat is 60+. As for shamefast and other traits, if all else fails, you can go to the Palace area, buy a Neuraclean from the Transit Department, and apply it via Inventory -> Accessories -> Applicants. It removes most traits not named Warrior, Brawler, Ammo Pack, Green Thumb, Scavenger, other unique traits. It also removes positive traits and traits you want to keep so its a last option nuke.

IMPORTANT EDIT: It is Neuraclean, not Mindmancer. Also, you cannot use it on Aria Bianchii because you cannot neuraclean a Paragon. Even if Aria has another prevailing status (Slave or Wife), she always has an underlying Paragon status and it will always be in-play.

3.) All actions involving NPCs is now moved to the Actions tab in the NPC Menu. Selling, piercing, surgery, Age up. You had to have visited each location once in 0.8.3+.

4.) You use your mercs to complete Bounties, Arena fights, and capture slaves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey and tsap

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
This is the third time I play the game. It is too darn difficult to make money enough to make the upgrades and to buy the necessary items (armors and the sort). Since I am a obssesive kind of guy I strive through it anyway: now I have nearly 22 inhabitants in my manor, and a dozen more kids.
I find that the quickest path to money in this game is capturing and selling slaves and then building a workshop when you scrounge up enough money for it. I just started a new game today and was able to afford my first workshop on day 11, mostly from selling captured slaves and this is with a non combat build (10 melee and 25 ranged to start).

But still I spend a lot of time upscaling them, giving them education or skills, just because I want to beat the game (and in the meanwhile the game beats me). I hate the traits that cannot really be erased but again at a lot of cost and time. Malevolent is something I dont like in people, and in fictional not as partners indeed. I want the chance to make pure girls who falls for me, with no shamefast, shy, perverted, malevolent, feminist (there are some other that I cannot recall now, but mostly that kind of "downside" of npcs).
Once you unlock the palace there's a mind wipe drug (I forget what it's called) that you can use to remove almost all traits from anyone. They keep unique traits like Shadowborn/Greenthumb/etc. I think Scavenger is also safe as well as some if not all physical traits. But attention whore you can get rid of, shamefast, perverted, nympho, feminist, etc. I'm not sure about malevolent but you can remove that by assigning someone who has the pure trait as a slave master for them like Caitlyn or Rifle Savant.

So I have a mercenary army, and the question is what for? I cannot use them to go to house cammora or whatever the name and make them fight for me. Not even my private family harem.
Slave captures is what you want to do with mercs. You don't have to hire them all if you don't want to. Some of them have the scavenger trait which makes them good for bringing in merch if you make them scavengers.

This time (with this version) I cannot even improve their looks: the medical facilities in the way to the palace dont have the buttom like last version.
That option is still there but the method you do it has changed. You do it from inside your house now. Go to NPC menu inside your house. Click on the person you want to get surgery. Click on Actions, and then Doctor's Hall. You can also give people health implants now if you want as well.

I lost the opportunity of doing the getting my bearings quest, because since I dont like the npc (and he is not even a beautiful lady but a perverted and disgusting guy he died quickly).
You don't have to keep him around if you don't want to. You could just pick him up, do his quest, and dismiss him. Or get him killed if you want.

The game should not be about running from one task to the other to avoid depressive, prone to scape, rebelious slaves. Should be an adventure with more improvements than just another coin in the purse or another girl to make pregnant. So a bit dissapointed. But again, like always, it is free and have a lot of work (a good effort in terms of story) from the dev, so thanks anyway.
It's a sandbox game so you can pretty much play it however you want. You can focus on combat and slave trading if you want, you could be a lowly factory worker, or pretty much anything else you might think of as long as you don't run out of money and go bankrupt.

Mar 5, 2024
1.) Money. Money is extremely easy with Workshop now. You build Workshop, you upgrade it, especially the upgrade on the top part. You assign your most disciplined random generic slaves to it, preferably those with Workaholic trait, you assign a foreman with good intelligence. You set it to Manufacturing. You wait one day and the next day the Production Points would have been generated. You buy discounted steel, wood, fasteners, or durasteel from Aimee's Goods in Stokke Hills. You use the production points to produce the items on the first page. Knives. Rifles. You sell the knives in the market beside your house. You sell rifles and auto rifles every 7 days or when you stockpiled enough to Hamah Bay because it sells more there. Hamah Bay is accessed via the port in Darkmere, past Imogen's Barrow. You spend money to earn more money. Assigning NPCs to Workshop involves going to the Jobs and Titles part of NPC Menu and going to page 3 or 4 of the Jobs part, clicking the <- -> options.

2.) Malevolent is removeable which is unfortunate for my account. Malevolent can be lost by assigning your girl to a slavemaster with Pure trait. It is also decreased/removed by the Household stat "Purity" which is raised by pure NPCs with Happiness 40+. It is also decreased/removed slowly if the malevolent NPC's Kindness stat is 60+. As for shamefast and other traits, if all else fails, you can go to the Palace area, buy a Neuraclean from the Transit Department, and apply it via Inventory -> Accessories -> Applicants. It removes most traits not named Warrior, Brawler, Ammo Pack, Green Thumb, Scavenger, other unique traits. It also removes positive traits and traits you want to keep so its a last option nuke.

IMPORTANT EDIT: It is Neuraclean, not Mindmancer. Also, you cannot use it on Aria Bianchii because you cannot neuraclean a Paragon. Even if Aria has another prevailing status (Slave or Wife), she always has an underlying Paragon status and it will always be in-play.

3.) All actions involving NPCs is now moved to the Actions tab in the NPC Menu. Selling, piercing, surgery, Age up. You had to have visited each location once in 0.8.3+.

4.) You use your mercs to complete Bounties, Arena fights, and capture slaves.
Only to Neuraclaen (and Raikan Gale):
Are you sure that Neuraclean (and Raikan Gale) cannot be used on Aria (or any Paragon or "dormant" paragon, with "ostatus=5"), even if the willpower of the npc is 19 or lower? - You will never be able to use a breaker (Mindmancer) on these, but Neuraclean (and Raikan Gale) might be a different matter.

Reactions: Clemency
4.50 star(s) 116 Votes