ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Incidentally, current description of Advocate trait completely doesn't match how the trait actually works. It claims there's 15% chance for the girl to influence others, but the actual code is

Code:
<<set _ran to random(1, 200)>>

<<if $traitadvoc gte 5 and $bondage lte 0 and $avatarunc isnot true and $happiness gte 10>>

<<set _chance to $discipline>>
<<set _chance+=$av_int>>
<<set _chance-=_ran>>

<<if _chance gte 1>>
This means characters like Rebecca whose combined Discipline and Intelligence is 110, has more than 50% chance to win against a 200 range roll. Juno's combined attributes of ~65 give her 30% chance to win that roll.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Incidentally, current description of Advocate trait completely doesn't match how the trait actually works. It claims there's 15% chance for the girl to influence others, but the actual code is
Thanks for the tip, I look at code and I see a butt-texting. Is that from the wiki I presume? I will say this about the wiki in this game: it's better than what you had for Hearts of Iron 4 not only upon release but for a couple years afterwards. That was a 'completed' release from a relatively major development company for a game that sold upwards of a million copies in short order. It led to us having to pretty much figure the game out for ourselves on the strat boards until someone put all that hard work into the wiki finally, as it's much better now than it was in 2018 or so--two years after the release!

Code:

<<if $traitadvoc gte 5 and $bondage lte 0 and $avatarunc isnot true and $happiness gte 10>>

<<set _chance+=$av_int>>
<<set _chance-=_ran>>

<<if _chance gte 1>>
This means characters like Rebecca whose combined Discipline and Intelligence is 110, has more than 50% chance to win against a 200 range roll. Juno's combined attributes of ~65 give her 30% chance to win that roll.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Thanks for the tip, I look at code and I see a butt-texting. Is that from the wiki I presume?
No, both the code i've quoted and trait description were taken directly from version 0.8.0.2 of the game; i just replaced html-encoded characters for readability.

edit: what that code actually means is, it takes character's combined intelligence and discipline values, and randomly deduces between 0-200 points from that score. If the resulting value is positive the trait triggers and alters other girls' willpower.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
With sufficient manipulation and a bit of luck you can scare the shit out of people who hold her, and they'll give away both the goods and the girl without a fight.

Am not sure, but it might be easier to scare them if you don't show up alone, but with some hired muscle.

Just don't bring her to her former owner, that part is hardcoded to fail and end up in fighting.
I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to complete that without a fight, I hadn't able to do that before in any of my other runs as I always failed those rolls.

I always thought that she would be gone forever if I sold her back to him so I never brought her back. Good to know.

Reactions: GD-studios

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Hmm the Oral Fixation trait seems to be really easy to obtain, ain't it? Pretty much all it takes for a girl is to get off while sucking on a dick once, and they immediately get all crazy about it, even if they don't actually like oral sex (yet).

Would be a bit more interesting/plausible if the initial trait value was a random negative number, meaning they'd acquire it at different rates. Maybe even put a clause like, if the initial value is below certain threshold, it can never grow, so not everyone winds up obsessed with slurping on the dick. Just for variety.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Wolf's Planetary Studies seem to be bugged. (other studies as well if they use the same structure, i haven't looked) Finishing the course, final screen claimed the MC (with intelligence of 39) would gain +4 intelligence, +3 science and +8 academics... but the actual gains were significantly higher: +9 intelligence, +5 science and +12 academics.

The bug is caused by how the relevant code is structured:

Code:
<<if $masterint lte 39>>

<<set $masterint+=5>>
<<set $tech+=2>>
<<set $aca+=4>>

<<set _first to 5>>
<<set _sec to 2>>
<<set _third to 4>>

<</if>>

<<if $masterint gte 40 and $masterint lte 59>>

<<set $masterint+=4>>
<<set $tech+=3>>
<<set $aca+=8>>

<<set _first to 4>>
<<set _sec to 3>>
<<set _third to 8>>

<</if>>

<<if $masterint gte 60>>

<<set $masterint+=6>>
<<set $tech+=5>>
<<set $aca+=10>>

<<set _first to 6>>
<<set _sec to 5>>
<<set _third to 10>>

<</if>>
Because character's attributes are modified immediately, instead of getting added after this check is done, it is possible for the MC to get two bonuses instead of just one, if initial intelligence value was close to the threshold, and get pushed past it when the bonus is added.

To fix it, the blocks which adjust character attributes should be removed, and replaced with single block at the end:

Code:
<<set $masterint+=_first>>
<<set $tech+=_sec>>
<<set $aca+=_third>>
(alternatively use elseif for subsequent checks, but this way you'll have some reduntant code that could be pruned)

There's another, minor bug there as well -- the int gains for first and second reward levels appear to be swapped.

Last edited:
Reactions: RosX

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

Code:

<<set _chance+=$av_int>>
<<set _chance-=_ran>>

<<if _chance gte 1>>
bug submitted

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Wolf's Planetary Studies seem to be bugged. (other studies as well if they use the same structure, i haven't looked) Finishing the course, final screen claimed the MC (with intelligence of 39) would gain +4 intelligence, +3 science and +8 academics... but the actual gains were significantly higher: +9 intelligence, +5 science and +12 academics.

Code:
<<if $masterint lte 39>>

<<set $masterint+=5>>
<<set $tech+=2>>
<<set $aca+=4>>

<<set _first to 5>>
<<set _sec to 2>>
<<set _third to 4>>

<</if>>

<<set $masterint+=4>>
<<set $tech+=3>>
<<set $aca+=8>>

<<set _first to 4>>
<<set _sec to 3>>
<<set _third to 8>>

<</if>>

<<if $masterint gte 60>>

<<set $masterint+=6>>
<<set $tech+=5>>
<<set $aca+=10>>

<<set _first to 6>>
<<set _sec to 5>>
<<set _third to 10>>

<</if>>
Because character's attributes are modified immediately, instead of getting added after this check is done, it is possible for the MC to get two bonuses instead of just one, if initial intelligence value was close to the threshold, and get pushed past it when the bonus is added.

To fix it, the blocks which adjust character attributes should be removed, and replaced with single block at the end:

Code:
<<set $tech+=_sec>>
<<set $aca+=_third>>
(alternatively use elseif for subsequent checks, but this way you'll have some reduntant code that could be pruned)

There's another, minor bug there as well -- the int gains for first and second reward levels appear to be swapped.
bug submitted

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021

Code:
<<if $masterint lte 39>>

<<set $masterint+=5>>
<<set $tech+=2>>
<<set $aca+=4>>

<<set _first to 5>>
<<set _sec to 2>>
<<set _third to 4>>

<</if>>

<<set $masterint+=4>>
<<set $tech+=3>>
<<set $aca+=8>>

<<set _first to 4>>
<<set _sec to 3>>
<<set _third to 8>>

<</if>>

<<if $masterint gte 60>>

<<set $masterint+=6>>
<<set $tech+=5>>
<<set $aca+=10>>

<<set _first to 6>>
<<set _sec to 5>>
<<set _third to 10>>

<</if>>

Code:
<<set $tech+=_sec>>
<<set $aca+=_third>>

Thanks for your reports/suggestions! Much appreciated.

Fixed the Academics double gain. The Academy uses a rather arcane coding structure from MoR's early days that I'll have a look at one day.

Rewrote the Advocate Descs. A leftover from how it used to work before the public release.

Also did some changes to the oral fixation trait.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to complete that without a fight, I hadn't able to do that before in any of my other runs as I always failed those rolls.

I always thought that she would be gone forever if I sold her back to him so I never brought her back. Good to know.
Remember though, you do find that thousand dollars (and a little more too) on him when you finish the fight he starts. It's one of the better risk/reward targets on the board in the beginning. Just make sure Michelle is in the first position (left side) and with you when you go back to Westside or the icon won't show up.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark — Today at 9:06 PM
Complete freedom over your servants (and future mercenaries) inventory!

You'll be able to fully customize your combat crew's weapons and armor. In the example below, I'm contemplating on whether Laika should be carrying a rifle or something heavier. I just happened to have looted a couple of recoil-less plasma rifles, so I'm feeling rather generous. 1664608183212.png
1664608200364.png

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

Explore your mercenaries' rich background stories (revealed by raising their Affection, similar to how slaves work) and build your trust by spending time with them. This might eventually unlock certain events/options.

Meet Loren (Tier request) who'll be ready for the Alpha 0.8.1 release. My goal is to gain this woman's trust (visiting cafes and having long conversations), unlock her sexual options and then corrupt her enough to open the Whore assignment. I think she'll be of better use that way than just walking around with her crossbow all day.

1664608378479.png 1664608390999.png

Of course, some mercenaries will be harder to affect or disarm. The Space Marine will never accept a knife over his Coilgun, and good luck trying to fit him in a leather armor.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
What is your dream, Piper?

1664625848694.png

What do you fear most?

1664625868441.png

Piper is a bit of contradictory girl, ain't she. "Please, take me with you on your adventures; oh, but i hate this."

• Haha
Reactions: M.Sato

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Another question. I have the loom installed but I can't seem to process leather. I have 18 skins from hunting but the option is grayed out.

EDIT: Found it. You need a minimum of 35 survival.

Also is it possible to change the background of the save menu to something other than ultra pale white/blue? For some reason the save text is white and its completely unreadable. I modded it for my self but I still think it is an usability fix that might be worth investing in.

Last edited:

Space_Cow99

Jul 26, 2019
Is there way to eradicate the other side guild before being member? Is that chance? I noted I could play as long I could without story but then I went upgrade manor estate as far as I went. Could the otherside recruit player before going main guild?

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Can anyone tell me how to read the dice rolls? Like say the text is Roll 10 (-5) what does that mean? Did the dice roll 10 and I need 5 or less to pass or what?

Reactions: QuickBob and JaxMan
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes