uterus

Sep 14, 2018
has anybody actually increased his strength by using melee weapons in combat?
the wiki says that it is possible but i have had absolutely no luck raising it past 130.
my melee skill also doesnt seem to rise beyond 150
i was under the assumption that 130 is only the soft limit.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
the wiki says that it is possible but i have had absolutely no luck raising it past 130.
Did you kept using your old save? Because with I think 8.3.0 130 became not Soft but Hard Limit where you can not get beyond with mere training and only in some exceptions like Intelligence with Academy Courses.

Reactions: uterus

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Artisan and blacksmith are doable if you don't mind making mountains of combat knives.
Crossbow bolts are 3 times as effective. I typically get something like a total of 4-8 points artisan or blacksmithing, if I spend all day and night crafting bolts.

The historical society increases are actually guaranteed but require so many attempts for a single point that you're better off doing almost anything else that has a chance to raise the same stats.
Yes, cigar room is horrible. 2x2 hours = 0.1 science = 40 hours / 10 days to get +1 science. The only worse option I can think of is to grind the assembly plant.

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I don't think increasing strength through combat has ever worked. I have never gained a point from that. You can gain a point or two randomly by smashing the grate in the holiday dresses quest and the quest for the Dunham girl but I'm not sure if it's uncapped. I don't think I've ever gained a point from it when I was already at or above 130 but I have never F5'd it extensively to see if it was possible. It's not a repeatable thing anyway so you can't gain much that way.

You can get to 151 melee if you wait til you get to 150 before clearing the scrap pile in your yard. I don't think there's any way to gain further than that. Damage doesn't scale with melee skill anyway as far as I know, just strength. Ranged damage DOES scale with ranged skill though so you should see some damage increase up until you hit 150 there. You can train strength and stamina to 130 at home if you have a maxed out dojo. Without a dojo I believe 120 is the cap. I think the training cap for melee and ranged might be 120. You can also gain an extra uncapped point of strength and stamina from the scrap pile if you wait til after you're at the training cap before clearing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: uterus

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Crossbow bolts are 3 times as effective. I typically get something like a total of 4-8 points artisan or blacksmithing, if I spend all day and night crafting bolts.

Yes, cigar room is horrible. 2x2 hours = 0.1 science = 40 hours / 10 days to get +1 science. The only worse option I can think of is to grind the assembly plant.
I'll have to try crossbow bolts. Hadn't thought of grinding skill via ammo crafting. The assembly plant seems entirely worthless now. It used to have some uncapped skill gains there like strength so you could get some use out of it after reaching the training caps but I think the caps for everything that can be trained at the assembly plant are low enough that you can get the same stat to the same level or greater with less time and effort doing something else now.

The chemical plant job is even worse. You're actually more likely to LOSE stats than gain them there IMO while also wasting a ton of time and making hardly any money. Those jobs really need a revamp.

Reactions: Porrvald

SaucePirate

Jun 1, 2019
Automation mod has been updated again here
(And is now pretty much feature complete)
Lines 1874 and 1875 of script.js are mixing up the MC's strength and dexterity values when doing the basic training's 'Push It' and 'Hire Trainer' checks.

I've also noticed that 'Frigid' erroneously appears on mouseover for NPCs who have the trait reduced to 49, such that it is no longer active.

Last edited:

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Does character portrait affect in game apprence; If I pick let's say asian or black would that depict the chosen character?
Unfortunately, no. There's only one MC look in the sex renders. I heard Grim will be experimenting with different protagonist renders (including a female MC) but its not going to be in this game anytime soon, if ever. Maybe in MoR 2.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Unfortunately, no. There's only one MC look in the sex renders. I heard Grim will be experimenting with different protagonist renders (including a female MC) but its not going to be in this game anytime soon, if ever. Maybe in MoR 2.
Unless I misunderstand, that seems like way too much work to be worth it. An alternate male MC would double the current number of sex renders. Add a female MC as well and that would triple it. A female MC at least would provide a meaningfully different playing experience. An alternate male would really provide nothing other than some cosmetic changes.

Alternate portraits for people choosing different ages, etc is fine. That's minimal work but it doesn't affect the sex renders.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes