ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark — Today at 10:33 PM
One new thing to experiment with is the assignment of duties to your servants and mercenaries.

The freedom is (almost) endless.

My crew of non-slaves now consist of Laika as a Scavvy, Loden as my accountant (better start early!), Armand as a janitor and Loren as a guard (who's still not accepting to work as a whore, even if I've reached the point of being able to screw her).

1664704607104.png

Their assignments affect your entire household:

Next to the Servant Duties panel, you'll see your Total Household Gains.

The guard power value affects your slave's willingness to escape. Assigning better guards than Loren, or giving Loren a powerful weapon, would further increase this value, as well as raising her Melee skill through the training section (or bringing her out in combat - available in 0.8.3). Assigning all four servants (with plasma rifles) as guards would probably hinder most slaves from contemplating escape.

I get an Influence boost from Armand working as a Janitor.

Laika brings in Merchandise each day after her scavenger run is over. Raising her Intelligence will increase this daily yield further. Having both kids doing scavenger runs would add up to 7 units per day.

I have no income from Petty Whoring yet, but my intention is to get Loren there eventually. (edited)

1664704654788.png

But I might not have planned the assignment of duties very well...

In the example above, I've assigned Loden as my accountant and Armand, who is a trained accountant, as a janitor.

The duty texts displayed when interacting with my servants clearly indicate why I was losing more cash every day with Loden as the head economist of my once-burgeoning empire. Well... Raising his Education (5!) to at least 40 would make him more suitable for that job.

Armand seems to be fine working as a Janitor, though. But maybe I should switch those assignments, even if Armand is a great janitor that displays a lot of random anecdotes while interacting with him.

1664704694942.png
1664704712393.png

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
A classic example of "be careful for what you wish for". She thinks it would be great to go on adventures outside the city, but really once it happens she regrets it.
I think it's not quite the same thing, because Piper already knows she hates outdoors. Now, granted, some people might wish for things they know would harm them, but that's usually fantasies and not actual wishes they'd seek granted.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I think it's not quite the same thing, because Piper already knows she hates outdoors. Now, granted, some people might wish for things they know would harm them, but that's usually fantasies and not actual wishes they'd seek granted.
Haha, yeah, that was actually pretty funny. I think she's the victim of too many requests and a dev that didn't take proper notes.

I've changed her character quirk to "Devoted Maid" instead (extra Influence boost).

Zeph3r

Oct 22, 2020
I believe there's been mention of freeing slaves to then recruit them as domestic servants, but will the domestic servant system also include job titles/roles. Furthermore, will there be a way to bond these domestic servants to our faction? With tier2+ you can create your own house. While its absent in the public version you yourself are still a notable enough figure by late game where you represent your own force in Ikaanos. Was just wondering if there was a way to cement the relationship with these servants/mercs with this coming update?

Also, will public build get more context about our character's family? We know about our brother, with some of the information being expanded with tier2+. I'd always assumed our parents would just be a tidbit in our history, however I've seen mentions of a sister from dialogs on dinner dates and am wondering if our family history will be expanded further, and whether it will be in the public build, which I guess leads into another question of what type of content will be locked specifically to tier2+?

bruhman969

Apr 21, 2020
OKay, this is one of the best HTML game i ever play.
It have huge potential to be the goat. Please kept updating it and add more stuff! more character's creations choices, path choices etc

Hoping there would be animations in the future!

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
I was joking.

Reactions: ffive

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
OKay, this is one of the best HTML game i ever play.
It have huge potential to be the goat. Please kept updating it and add more stuff! more character's creations choices, path choices etc

Hoping there would be animations in the future!
Yeah, the potential is there, I agree completely... and an animation about feral charuks having their way with the foul-mouthed personal trainer, that would be a killer! :giggle:

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I believe there's been mention of freeing slaves to then recruit them as domestic servants, but will the domestic servant system also include job titles/roles. Furthermore, will there be a way to bond these domestic servants to our faction? With tier2+ you can create your own house. While its absent in the public version you yourself are still a notable enough figure by late game where you represent your own force in Ikaanos. Was just wondering if there was a way to cement the relationship with these servants/mercs with this coming update?

Also, will public build get more context about our character's family? We know about our brother, with some of the information being expanded with tier2+. I'd always assumed our parents would just be a tidbit in our history, however I've seen mentions of a sister from dialogs on dinner dates and am wondering if our family history will be expanded further, and whether it will be in the public build, which I guess leads into another question of what type of content will be locked specifically to tier2+?
Yeah, I've coded the new DSE framework to encompass all possible situations of transferring slaves and other NPCs into the MC's household (including your offspring). That also means playing around with various titles in later versions.

The servants will add to your Great House's power value, which in return gives you certain benefits and discounts at various places (if the value is high enough and as long as they're currently assigned to your household). That means you can temporarily buff your status by hiring them for a limited time - say, if you should advance toward an enemy or make your point in a standoff where the mc's power value is a factor.

Their affection, equipment and even aging progress remain intact - so any advances/affection raising activities you've made with a servant will be remembered by him/her if you rehire that person later.

Note that the DSE framework currently only has four civilians available for hire. The current mercenary system will eventually merge with DSE in 0.8.3 - making things more streamlined and less confusing. :)

The Tier2+ quest is about your brother and his strive for your family's house. That will be tier exclusive, including possible references to your parents. There might be other quests that mention your brother, however, showing up at various places/journal entrys in the public build.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018

GrimDark — Today at 10:33 PM
One new thing to experiment with is the assignment of duties to your servants and mercenaries.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As not every people here is a patreon would it be possible to indicate which version is concerned when you post a feature? (without speaking of using spoilers...)

Else it can give the impression that this thread become more a advertising one than a discussion and information one :rolleyes:

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Version 0.8.02, the slaves returning from work continue to be late ( unavalaible until 5PM +)
late.JPG

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark — Today at 10:20 PM
After a long render session, Rebecca now joins the crew of girls with completed pic archives (6 in total). You'll be able to explore her doing everything from naked study sessions to getting "courted" by depraved Spheremasters in tomorrow's release!

Next projects:

Amelia
Caitlin
Piper

Poll on Amelia's new hairstyle expected to show up on Discord either this weekend or next week.
1664872013030.png

AiKNicK

Jan 7, 2018
Hi I have the annex full, ¿if I sell or liberate one of the girls I can bought again or set her in the annex again?

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
No, if you sell her - she is gone forever. If you let her free - she stays as far as I know and can be interacted with later.

Reactions: AiKNicK
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes