Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
The guards wont allow me to enter (new to the game)
You need more influence then. Go beat up some baddies, start with ones on Stokke Hills (the four in the middle).

Get some mercs though first. Loren is available at Sloppy Moes, The Rifle Savant right behind it. Those two as well as Ansel and Bud ought to be enough, get them combat armor as soon as you can and Duraplate as soon after as you can manage. Might not want to bother with that for the Rifle Savant though, make him a janitor after you clear the easy ones and hire the Space Marine, Ayden, Felix or the Black Guardman instead.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I think the idea behind random slaves is really interesting, but the implenentation has something missing. Right now, they have nothing exciting about them, and their scenes are basically cropped images of scenes with the unique slaves. After playing with the random slave generator for a bit I can say they are not interesting to train or acquire as they add nothing zero personality compared to uniques. I would never waste a slot on a random slave when I could be acquiring a unique.

I know that generating renders for each body type combination is impossible work for a team let alone 1 man, but there is really something missing to make them desrible to fill a slot in the house.

My only recommendation is to work on a set of renders unique especially to the random slaves, a hundred set or so that all of them can use.

Reactions: Daba and Gunner Rey

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I think the idea behind random slaves is really interesting, but the implenentation has something missing. Right now, they have nothing exciting about them, and their scenes are basically cropped images of scenes with the unique slaves. After playing with the random slave generator for a bit I can say they are not interesting to train or acquire as they add nothing zero personality compared to uniques. I would never waste a slot on a random slave when I could be acquiring a unique.

I know that generating renders for each body type combination is impossible work for a team let alone 1 man, but there is really something missing to make them desrible to fill a slot in the house.

My only recommendation is to work on a set of renders unique especially to the random slaves, a hundred set or so that all of them can use.
Yeah that's coming. I'm rendering the wardrobe sets first, then all the sex scenes.

My plan is to have separate scene sets for all five body types so there's gonna be about a thousand unique scenes to explore.

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
Just my take on random slaves.
It is interesting, but what I think this game's strong point is that slaves have "life" in them. They are not just collection of pictures, but there is also some story behind them. So I think it would be wiser to deepen existing content rather that to add new one, especially something random.
I would be much more glad to see additional interaction options with existing slaves (both sexual and non-sexual and maybe additional story content). For example threesome or option to spank during vaginal/anal sex, etc.
Also, with current 8 slaves limit, there is hardly need for additional ones. I know there is "the Retreat", but it is basically the storage for slaves you won't use and therefore big disappointment for me.

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
*clip* ... I know there is "the Retreat", but it is basically the storage for slaves you won't use and therefore big disappointment for me.
I agree. Also a bit odd in my opinion that I'd need to pay for those creeps... pardon, very trustworthy looking fellows there for them doing their thing with my slaves. I think that they should pay me in the very unlikely case that I'd let some of my slave girls stay there.

Reactions: Daba

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
For those of you who missed Dakota's birthday, here's an easy fix:

https://f95zone.to/threads/masters-of-raana-v0-8-1-6-grimdark.100207/post-10881691

It's not related to the age freezing mechanics. It's just a quest countdown that you have to follow closely if you don't want to risk getting locked out of more Aimee's goods content, including taking her little sister in as a slave. I've made it impossible to miss her birthday in 0817, however.
Just my 2 cents, but IMO content that can be permanently missed whether via some kind of timer or some other mechanic should make that mechanic blatantly obvious to the player. I think one of the biggest appeal of this type of game is that it's nonlinear and you can play it however you want. So if I want to futz around with crafting for 6 months or something, I should still be able to jump into whatever quest paths I want after that.

If it's some kind of easter egg that doesn't really matter then that's fine, but I would find it annoying if I missed content with a unique character permanently without realizing it.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Just my 2 cents, but IMO content that can be permanently missed whether via some kind of timer or some other mechanic should make that mechanic blatantly obvious to the player. I think one of the biggest appeal of this type of game is that it's nonlinear and you can play it however you want. So if I want to futz around with crafting for 6 months or something, I should still be able to jump into whatever quest paths I want after that.

If it's some kind of easter egg that doesn't really matter then that's fine, but I would find it annoying if I missed content with a unique character permanently without realizing it.
Fully agree. Changed the script in 0817 so that the player can no longer miss her birthday.

I was maybe a bit too hardcore/realistic when designing that quest.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I think there might be a bug here if aging is frozen. I have a save with the journal text "I've also been invited to Dakota's 18th birthday." but no days are included.
Did you go there? I already did that so my save ain't too far but my save is edited have all armors/weapons/food/materials/just about everything and my stats all maxed but still some my teammates die but they against hard creatures, already bought that slave for 35k still have to lvl stats on many girls save editor didn't get all gonna have tto start a scratch game and save at start file is smaller, atleast I know what to do know and who to get and where. Or if you want send me your save let me try trigger it...no cheating on your file just want check.On my save gave myself +11k influence so I could go to border town and get the best gear/weapons
Fully agree. Changed the script in 0817 so that the player can no longer miss her birthday.

19k and can't even equip it on my girls, they can wear the other one like males too but not this one.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Did you go there? I already did that so my save ain't too far but my save is edited have all armors/weapons/food/materials/just about everything and my stats all maxed but still some my teammates die but they against hard creatures, already bought that slave for 35k still have to lvl stats on many girls save editor didn't get all gonna have tto start a scratch game and save at start file is smaller, atleast I know what to do know and who to get and where. Or if you want send me your save let me try trigger it...no cheating on your file just want check.On my save gave myself +11k influence so I could go to border town and get the best gear/weapons

19k and can't even equip it on my girls, they can wear the other one like males too but not this one.
Slaves and mercenaries use a completely diffrent mechanic to buy/equip armours for some reason. Could that be responsible?

Reactions: chicho1958

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020

Nothing wrong with being realistic, just add a reminder to check quest log like other quests have. If you don't pay attention to the notice that's on the player. But, if you change to no timer and her birthday is whatever day they go back no big deal.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I like the random slave generator. I've had some pretty interesting ones come up and you can find some that have potential with some training. Honestly, I get bored of the same approximately dozen girls that basically never change. Some traits are randomized, but there are the ones that are always there and it becomes routine. You kinda always develop them the same each run because their skills levels are always the same.

I will say that some unique backgrounds will help make the randos better along with a library of renders that can be used for scenes.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Is there anything you can do with the two kids you recruit?
I've got them both salvaging for now... are they good for anything else?

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
how to improve dancing of slaves?
Select main slave at home -> Education -> Dancing
Can send her to the Academy for dancing class too, for a slooow progression but then you don't have to spend the time with her.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes