Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Do we know how pregnancy chance is being calculated, and if we can influence it on the PC side? Or alter the code to adjust fertility %, so "risky" interactions don't result in a house full of kids by day 100? The odds of conception seem fairly unrealistically high at the moment. I recognize that some people may like it, but I wanted to find out if there's any way to fine-tune it beyond save-editing NPC's age to very old. A related question, is there a way to end accidental/unwanted pregnancy? Even if it's through the console.
Can we not just keep them on the TotaLube contraceptive? It is 100% effective.

Reactions: Eland51298

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
OMG!!! Where can I buy Prozac in Raana!!!

In my current run, just after buying Aria (n time) I decide to sort my slaves and Isids per rooms, because if its not done this way is a nightmare keep track of where is the people. And suddenly I find Rifle Savant with happiness -2 and Peasant with happiness 8. They like me (amiable and friendly) but seems that they are affected of a mild case of Attention Whore. Yes, I put Rifle Savant to scavenge in day 4-5 and have not activate him since, and may be not activated Peasant in ¿10?
days but have been a big surprise!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fauno36

Vulpas

Feb 16, 2021
'Carousing' at Dockside is the only way I know of to get INT up with any consistency. Note that as long as you qualify for the other bonuses the chances of an INT increase go down. I had a recent game where I got the INT two out of the first three times, but that is rare as long as you haven't hit the cap for the other potential increases (Sci, Willpower etc). Once it's only competing with the 50 Influence benefit it goes a lot faster.
Carousing is pretty bearable to farm, i'll look into it. Thanks.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Fauno36

May 26, 2023
OMG!!! Where can I buy Prozac in Raana!!!

In my current run, just after buying Aria (n time) I decide to sort my slaves and Isids per rooms, because if its not done this way is a nightmare keepo trach of where is the people. And suddely I find Rifle Savant with happines -2 and Peasant with hapiness 8. They like me (amiable and friendly) but seems that they are affected of a mild case of Attention Whore. Yes, I put Rifle Savant to scavenge in day 4-5 and have not activate him since, and may be not activated Peasant in ¿10?
days but have been a big surprise!!!

It's an unpleasant surprise.

zaqwsxcde1

Mar 17, 2019
I only recruit loren, blackguard, and Felix. Loren goes as guard captain or whoring. Felix gets robbed off rifle,armor and takes a hike. Never reqruited ayden but banged his sisters. If slaves can start at advanced position like me,blackguard will be gone too. Too bad thers no starting at advanced position for slaves!

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I only recruit loren, blackguard, and Felix. Loren goes as guard captain or whoring. Felix gets robbed off rifle,armor and takes a hike. Never reqruited ayden but banged his sisters. If slaves can start at advanced position like me,blackguard will be gone too. Too bad thers no starting at advanced position for slaves!
Ayden does not have sisters.
In the upcoming version, 0.8.3, as long as your NPCs have a melee combat stat or dexterity stat of 80+, they can start in the forward position.

razor2

Mar 15, 2019
The one thing I've found truly annoying so far has been girls affection lowering if you have a harem and use them in the prostitution ring. It's really click intensive to use "affect" and compliment each one to raise affection after such things. It would be a lot nicer to be able to have passive affection gain from bedrooms and stuff like there is for happiness. Or maybe a mass affect or mass gift menu that would save clicks.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
From now onward (v8.3) you can go hunting bounties, fighting on the arena, teaching in the Academy, go hunting or engage on feats of craftmanship. The same that in 8.22, really. But now you will choose to do this things for the right reason. You will do this things because it´s the way that a proper gentleman of Raana should behave. Not for the money, because

MONEY IT´S ON THE WORKSHOP!
Ok. Let´s elaborate. Workshops. You can buy workshops in your yard. Up to 4, albeit making 4 workshops will need to do some cleaning and renunciate to other projects. In each workshop can work up to 10 slaves/servants plus a foreman. The basic workshop cost 35.000$, so they are not dirty cheap, but hey! Arya cost 35.000 and usually people can buy her with ease, and remember that you can get a 25.000$ loan that you can repay and only will cost you 2500 in interest, so you can buy a workshop really early in the game.

You can use the workshops for 3 uses.
1.- Scrapping merch, and man, they can scrap may be 350 merch in just a day.
2.- Use as a sweatshop, and get some straight money. Not really interesting, at least with the basic ones
3.- Use as a factory to build things and sell the thing on the market. The factory gives you build points, and you use this build points (and the raw materials needed) to get the things done. And here is where the money lies.

Ok. Here goes some number crunching.

Knife: You can sell it for 80$. You need 2 of steel and one wood, (cost 39) and need 10 build points per knife. So you get 41$. We can rate the build point at 4.1
Rifles: You can sell them at 400 (supposing that you are a lazy bastard that don´t want to take a trip over the sees to sell them). You need 6 of steel, 6 fasteners, 2 of wood (132$) and 90 build points. You get 268$, so each build point gives you 2.97 $
Pipe guns: 12$ in raw materials and 3 build points and you can sell them per 200. You get 80$ so each build point gives you 2.66$
Auto rifle. Raw materials 132 and you need 200 build points. You can sell them for 1000$ so you get 868$ per each one, giving us 4.34$ per build point.

I have not done all the maths for all the products, bust just eyeballing this ones seem the more profitable to me. and I only put several options just in case there are implemented any saturation effect on the market.

Ok, all well and nice. But now the question is how many build points you get from the workshop? Well , in my run with a foreman of INT 45 (his main characteristic) and 10 slaves of 37 of discipline on average, the workshop have given to me 778 points. At 4+$ per point (knifes and Auto Rifles) that´s an income of 3112$. In 12 days you have recovered your investment and from this point onwards, each of your slaves bring to the table 280$. Each and every day

But this is the very basic workshop. You can upgrade the building and the tooling. The two first upgrades cost you 10.000$ each, so we are talking of 20.000 extra investment. And then the same workshop, with the same crew gives you 1343 build points, or 5370$ each day. Each slave working in the workshop bring to your coffers 480+$ daily

There are more improvements, and they start to be expensive (25.000 tools and 75.000 the floor) and I have not tested yet what you get from them. But just 2 workshops with the first level of improvement are going to bring 10.000$+ daily to your coffers. And that´s a lot of money. Even if you give to each working slave a 50$ per day in allowances, still you get more that 9.000$ per day

Last edited:

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
From now onward (v8.3) you can go hunting bounties, fighting on the arena, teaching in the Academy, go hunting or engage on feats of craftmanship. The same that in 8.22, really. But now you will choose to do this things for the right reason. You will do this things because it´s the way that a proper gentleman of Raana should behave. Not for the money, because

MONEY IT´S ON THE WORKSHOP!
[...]

There are more improvements, and they start to be expensive (25.000 tools and 75.000 the floor) and I have not tested yet what you get from them. But just 2 workshops with the first level of improvement are going to bring 10.000$+ daily to your coffers. And that´s a lot of money. Even if you give to each working slave a 50$ per day in allowances, still you get more that 9.000$ per day
When 0.8.3.1 implements male slaves, those Celior raiders and the upcoming Urban Titans gang will be printing me money in my sweatworkshops :WeSmart:

Jun 10, 2022
The one thing I've found truly annoying so far has been girls affection lowering if you have a harem and use them in the prostitution ring. It's really click intensive to use "affect" and compliment each one to raise affection after such things. It would be a lot nicer to be able to have passive affection gain from bedrooms and stuff like there is for happiness. Or maybe a mass affect or mass gift menu that would save clicks.
In the latest version, I have no issue with happiness falling. I get relationship up to loving+, happiness to 100, do any quests they might have, then put them to work, school etc. and don't have to babysit. Home, rooms, etc. are fully upgraded. Takes time/money but it is achievable. Oh, and I potion-wipe any negative traits away.

Reactions: GD-studios
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes