Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
1.) is 0.8.3d an html only download or is it the full game download?

2.) I thought the reason I cannot get surgery for my girls was that it was temporarily removed for 0.8.3 like the old event button. Turns out I have not visited the clinic since the version started and did not get the shortcut in the actions menu because of it.

Experiment continues.

Beauty gained from plastic surgery can be inherited. Leia's other kid had 70 beauty for comparison.
View attachment 3390949

3.) Anyone got an idea how Atmosphere works? Can it raise initial toughness if the combat training value is high enough?
1. The dev. wrote that it contains new images. That means it is a full download.

Reactions: LizJ

somebody28

Mar 10, 2018
Don't suppose you'd mind sharing your methods? I've being trying to play around with this but can't figure it out.
You can control-F the button text in the html file to find where it's defined and what logic it uses.

I saw that the checks were basically "if [condition 1] and [condition 2] , enable button". Rather than figure out what to do to get those conditions to be true, I just edited the check itself to say "if true, enable button"

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
For now, religion is useless in the game? I mean self-improving is a lot better than building up devotion for pesky benefits like charm, tax, and influence.
quite the contrary. you can lecture ya peeps as a priest and decrease or increase will or corruption.

msor

Aug 5, 2020
I´m now in my 60 day of a 8.3c run, and I want to talk about something new and really important in this version. Something that are game changers.

We need to change the mindset that we get from 8.22 and early versions. In this versions we manage a household with 8 slaves and some mercenaries, all in all a 20 people household. You can go, one by one, and check his happiness, check his affection, see his corruption and manage with smooth words and some dicking keep things fine. You can NOT do this with a 40+ household. Simply, the day it´s not long enough and it´s a lot of clicking. You need actions that affect more than one servant/slave. And there are actions that do this.

You need to build your gazebo, and have a shrine in your Yard. The actions are conducted in this locations. There are actions that affect only a close group, your followers, and there are actions that affect all your household. Let´s talk with the follower´s group action first.

As far as you have build the gazebo, you can give lectures about science and academics to your followers. It´s a 2 hour action, you make a check against your skill in the subject and, if successful, your followers gain a +1 on the subject. It´s faster that home schooling, you have better chances of success and you give bonus to 4 servants, not to one. It´s caped, not sure if to 70 or to 75, but you can raise effectively your servant skills enough to send her (or him) to work as professors.

With the basic temple, you can give lectures to your followers. It´s an hour action and a check against manipulation, and with Man 50 and religious rank 30 (not sure if relevant) I get a 75 chance. You can affect, as an ateist, Corruption or Willpower. And there are a third slot that it´s grey. May be it´s reserved for other religions, may be reserved for higher devotion, I don´t know at this moment.

All this things are nice, and convenient. But I have promised "game changers", and this hardly are game changers. Let´s go with them now.

WORK HARD, PARTY HARD! IT´S POOL PARTY TIME!!!
Once you have build the gazebo, you can build a pool on it. Not sure if the basic pool it´s enough or you need to build an improvement, but then you can hold pool parties for ALL your household.

It´s a 2 hours action, and costs you 10$ per participant (dirty cheap, barely qualify as peanuts).

With the Party Animal Trait (by far the most potent trait in the game, and the only that I consider mandatory, or almost mandatory) and fancy lights and a cooled bar, you get +2 affection and +2-6 happiness. For all the 40+ members of your household. All of them.

In my household now I get 84 points of affection and 84-252 points of happiness each time you hove a party pool. Simply you can not beat it.

And it will keep happy your attention whores, as an extra. And you will have at least two of them (Bud and Sophie).

THE HOUSEHOL THAT PRAY TOGETHER, HOLDS TOGETHER

In order to perform a lecture/mass for all your household, you need to improve your shrine. It´s the same that the lecture for only your followers, but for all your household.

Depending in what subject you choose, if you are are successful you House get a +/-5 on corruption/despair and some (not all) of the participants are affected by your preach. There are some variability, and the effect will change with your degree of success, but with a 50 manipulation and 30 devotion you get a 75% chance of success, and with a 45 roll, 25 of my 42 members household get a +/-1 corruption/willpower.

And it´s hard to beat an action that uses one hour, cost you no money at all and not sure now if no fatigue or just a couple of points and put a 25 points shift in the point of view of your servants.

*****************************************************************************************************

And just a point, both for the shrine masses or the party pools. Make them after 5pm. If you try to make them early in the morning or during the day, the attendance it´s a lot lower. Not every one will go to them.
Do not forget about new job "Slave master/mistress" and ability to assign 4 slave under his/her command. Which can increase their stats, reduce Willpower, increase Corruption e.t.c. without your actions at all. Training new slaves for sale never was so easy.

luxoord

Mar 18, 2019
I've been checking out some level 3 backgrounds (just soldier and slaver) but haven't tried the others.
With the lvl 3 slaver background, +50 bondage and the extra points on flaggelation makes corrupting slaves extremely easy right at the start of the game plus the points on charm + manipulate makes it so easy to mold and convince them to your will.
And the cherry of the top is the corrupted-sub-slut slave you get right at the start.

For you guys, which is the best one? Would be cool to share and compare different opinions.
For me, like I said, I haven't tried the rest (except for soldier 3) but just by the last arguments slaver 3 is the best one.

Jun 2, 2021
I've been checking out some level 3 backgrounds (just soldier and slaver) but haven't tried the others.
With the lvl 3 slaver background, +50 bondage and the extra points on flaggelation makes corrupting slaves extremely easy right at the start of the game plus the points on charm + manipulate makes it so easy to mold and convince them to your will.
And the cherry of the top is the corrupted-sub-slut slave you get right at the start.

For you guys, which is the best one? Would be cool to share and compare different opinions.
For me, like I said, I haven't tried the rest (except for soldier 3) but just by the last arguments slaver 3 is the best one.
I agree with you, i like the slaver background more. You get for free the slave that otherwise cost 6k, and unlike her market non-slaver background version, she comes with both workaholic and perfectionist traits guaranteed. Immediately assign her the head maid title and you get +4 influence/day for free. You can then assign her a job. Assigned mine as an herald so i earn 15 influecne / day right off the bat.
You also get a very small quest that gets you 52 WEGA canisters and 12 units of gold by asking her background, which you don't get once more with her market variant.

As my number 2 choice i would go for doctor. High intelligence (i truly believe that intelligence is the definitive best skill / attribute) and high medicine (which is hard to farm otherwise)

Reactions: luxoord

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Version 0.8.3e has been released!

Hey! Sorry for spamming updates but I really recommend people updating *again* to 083e as it contains some very important fixes.

You'll also get a couple of small 0831 crumbs - such as new head maid/pantry girl assignments and Administration tweaks.

New archive download required!

Gameplay changes
- Added Ayden's overcharge ability to his trait list.
- There's now a 0.5% chance to increase an NPC's Administration up to 130 if he is assigned as an accountant and has an INT that's 60+.
- Skill/trait perks and equipment are now given directly after completing the tutorial.
- You can now assign daughters and wives as pantry girls and head maids.

Art
- Added 3 plug inspect pics for Loren, Aiko and Enya.
- Replaced 4 Lovisa missionary scenes.

Bug fixes
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't give you crafting materials if you picked the Crafter trait *and* went through the Tutorial.
- Fixed several room assign errors for post and pre-sex descriptions.
- Fixed some overflow text errors in the Inventory menu.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't reset the restaurant sound when taking the wife to various places through the event engine.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't respawn the hunting location in Darkmere (Hunter lvl 3 perk).
- Fixed an error that would deduct double the amount of time when Encouraging someone.
- Fixed a misspelled random variable assigner in the BondOral passage.
- Fixed various unintended homosexual, incestious and other unallowed exploits that displayed the wrong sex checker or enabled the player to access blocked content.

MEGA and workupload links have been updated so far.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I agree with you, i like the slaver background more. You get for free the slave that otherwise cost 6k, and unlike her market non-slaver background version, she comes with both workaholic and perfectionist traits guaranteed. Immediately assign her the head maid title and you get +4 influence/day for free. You can then assign her a job. Assigned mine as an herald so i earn 15 influecne / day right off the bat.
You also get a very small quest that gets you 52 WEGA canisters and 12 units of gold by asking her background, which you don't get once more with her market variant.

As my number 2 choice i would go for doctor. High intelligence (i truly believe that intelligence is the definitive best skill / attribute) and high medicine (which is hard to farm otherwise)
A powerful argument and I agree it's a fine choice, but by the same measure for Combat Veteran you get three suits of Combat Armor that on Grimdark: A Dying World is worth about 17.4k RD and a huge discount on Einar which allows you to run nearly a top-tier merc crew from the beginning and must save you about 200 RD a day. That makes the start go so much easier.

However another way of looking at it is what gives you something unique, that you can't get anywhere else? You can buy Adora Sanor, you can buy the combat armor and pay more for Einar or someone else, the only way to get the Hunting Grounds is to take Hunter Elite which gives you even more unique bonuses as well. Imogen's Barrow depletes awfully fast and the others are a pain in the ass to get to/unlock, that extra hunting grounds can really make a difference. Prosperity in Ikkanos has dipped below zero and food prices are +250%....

Reactions: WakamoSato

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018

My point of view it´s that there are not best one at all. May be there are "best one for the purposes of the gameplay I´m going to run". I like the most the scientific run, but I´m not going to claim that it´s the best. It´s the one that suits more for my tastes.

Jun 2, 2021
A powerful argument and I agree it's a fine choice, but by the same measure for Combat Veteran you get three suits of Combat Armor that on Grimdark: A Dying World is worth about 17.4k RD and a huge discount on Einar which allows you to run nearly a top-tier merc crew from the beginning and must save you about 200 RD a day. That makes the start go so much easier.

However another way of looking at it is what gives you something unique, that you can't get anywhere else? You can buy Adora Sanor, you can buy the combat armor and pay more for Einar or someone else, the only way to get the Hunting Grounds is to take Hunter Elite which gives you even more unique bonuses as well. Imogen's Barrow depletes awfully fast and the others are a pain in the ass to get to/unlock, that extra hunting grounds can really make a difference. Prosperity in Ikkanos has dipped below zero and food prices are +250%....
I won't argue with the hunter background, it does offer something unique. Still, there is a point in the game when hunting becomes irrevelant imho, and that point is quite early. Please note that i didn't try the dying world setting.
In a sence, the version of Adora you get with the slaver background is unique. Sure, you could farm pefectionist/workaholic traits but that would take a very long time. Or you could just reroll her by saving before buying. Once again, a lot of time. Having her with these 2 powerful traits immediately is very nice
Edit : Also the starting stats make training random slaves trivial, which can be a very easy way to make money fast.

For a combat-oriented playthought, i think that doctor is a powerful choice. Sure, the MC won't be extremely useful in battle before you grind him, but the starting medical supplies, the fact that you can buy more with a discount and being able to craft them almost immediately (you need to buy a nanite tube and a laboratory), plus being able to heal the entire party for free once every 2 days means that you can run a merc company and keep them healthy without permanent injuries pretty easily. The problem is gonna be money in the early game, but on the long run, it seems better to me than soldier.

Last edited:

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020

Instead of saving $200 per day you could go for scholar expert and get passive income of $200 every day. Or Doctor and never have to spend stimpacs on restoring health.

Personally, I have started to lean towards no expert background at all, as it allows you to pick a bunch of traits which you will benefit from long after ~$200 per day stops being relevant. I think of it as rise from ashes light. You start with low stats but with good traits.

Reactions: msor

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I won't argue with the hunter background, it does offer something unique. Still, there is a point in the game when hunting becomes irrevelant imho, and that point is quite early. Please note that i didn't try the dying world setting.
In a sence, the version of Adora you get with the slaver background is unique. Sure, you could farm pefectionist/workaholic traits but that would take a very long time. Or you could just reroll her by saving before buying. Once again, a lot of time. Having her with these 2 powerful traits immediately is very nice
Edit : Also the starting stats make training random slaves trivial, which can be a very easy way to make money fast.

For a combat-oriented playthought, i think that doctor is a powerful choice. Sure, the MC won't be extremely useful in battle before you grind him, but the starting medical supplies, the fact that you can buy more with a discount and being able to craft them almost immediately (you need to buy a nanite tube and a laboratory), plus being able to heal the entire party for free once every 2 days means that you can run a merc company and keep them healthy without permanent injuries pretty easily. The problem is gonna be money in the early game, but on the long run, it seems better to me than soldier.
I agree about Adora, that combination is very useful and makes the start go easier. I prefer not to savescum and just take what I get mostly and while I'll eventually get a Workaholic/Perfectionist I haven't yet and I'm at day 100, though I've yet to buy Rebecca, Lovisa or others that I normally get by then and am waiting on this run because it can get tight on Grimdark: A Dying World at times. Tendstims are now 3700/case, at one point I was going through nearly a case a day in getting the board cleared. That 40 Tendstims the Doctor Elite gets would have lasted me about two days! However I don't disagree that the party-heal every other day and the discount would definitely come in handy.

Once thing I did notice is if you line up all the bonuses and know which option to pick when hunting (found at the bottom ) you can succeed almost every time even starting at 20 Survival like my character did. That makes the depletion of Imogen's Barrow happen very quickly. I haven't see the yield bonuses I was expecting from having the "Wildborn" trait and Loren accompanying me though. If that were applied then Hunting would be a much more profitable venture when food prices are about 12 like they are for me now and have been for quite some time.

Jun 2, 2021
I agree about Adora, that combination is very useful and makes the start go easier. I prefer not to savescum and just take what I get mostly and while I'll eventually get a Workaholic/Perfectionist I haven't yet and I'm at day 100, though I've yet to buy Rebecca, Lovisa or others that I normally get by then and am waiting on this run because it can get tight on Grimdark: A Dying World at times. Tendstims are now 3700/case, at one point I was going through nearly a case a day in getting the board cleared. That 40 Tendstims the Doctor Elite gets would have lasted me about two days! However I don't disagree that the party-heal every other day and the discount would definitely come in handy.

Once thing I did notice is if you line up all the bonuses and know which option to pick when hunting (found at the bottom ) you can succeed almost every time even starting at 20 Survival like my character did. That makes the depletion of Imogen's Barrow happen very quickly. I haven't see the yield bonuses I was expecting from having the "Wildborn" trait and Loren accompanying me though. If that were applied then Hunting would be a much more profitable venture when food prices are about 12 like they are for me now and have been for quite some time.
Well i don't hunt when the weather is stormy / heat waves to avoid large stamina depletion. There are a lot of other stats to grind in the begining of the game so i alternate between a lot of stuff, so i never ran into that hunting grounds depletion issue. The evenings are spent at Furry's to grind the gambling stat, because past 70/80 you can gamble pretty confidently at dockgrave, where the real money is.
Also I'm still a fan of the "craft jillions of combat knifes to grind artisan / blacksmitting skills" strategy :)

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Instead of saving $200 per day you could go for scholar expert and get passive income of $200 every day. Or Doctor and never have to spend stimpacs on restoring health.

Personally, I have started to lean towards no expert background at all, as it allows you to pick a bunch of traits which you will benefit from long after ~$200 per day stops being relevant. I think of it as rise from ashes light. You start with low stats but with good traits.
I started a few like that too and I do believe it's a good strategy as well.

One thing I wish I hadn't taken this game was "Limp." It allowed me to take 'Party Animal' so I went for it, and while now that I have a pool I'm sure glad I took it, I should have forsaken another to not have to take "Limp." It caused me to prioritize the upgraded Stables which I now have to keep in a slot I might eventually want something else or I'll have to move down my Grove. My start was so much slower due to the 'Limp' penalties and now that they're gone they kind of live on in the lost opportunity cost of the upgraded Stables and the building slot.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Well i don't hunt when the weather is stormy / heat waves to avoid large stamina depletion. There are a lot of other stats to grind in the begining of the game so i alternate between a lot of stuff, so i never ran into that hunting grounds depletion issue. The evenings are spent at Furry's to grind the gambling stat, because past 70/80 you can gamble pretty confidently at dockgrave, where the real money is.
Also I'm still a fan of the "craft jillions of combat knifes to grind artisan / blacksmitting skills" strategy :)
I'm doing pretty much the same thing, if my day or training/bounty/Hunting/Arena ends before 12 I go to Furry's and drink and gamble, then back home to make more combat knives.

Jun 2, 2021
I started a few like that too and I do believe it's a good strategy as well.

One thing I wish I hadn't taken this game was "Limp." It allowed me to take 'Party Animal' so I went for it, and while now that I have a pool I'm sure glad I took it, I should have forsaken another to not have to take "Limp." It caused me to prioritize the upgraded Stables which I now have to keep in a slot I might eventually want something else or I'll have to move down my Grove. My start was so much slower due to the 'Limp' penalties and now that they're gone they kind of live on in the lost opportunity cost of the upgraded Stables and the building slot.
Yep, restarted another new fresh game because of the stables. I wasted a lot of valuables early money into it, before realising that the only real advantage the stables give is the influence boost when fully upgraded, which by the time you reach that point, has almost become irrelevant.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes