Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
Got any shy characters? That trait's punishment is inactive while the grove still exists. Contentment gain through it can also be useful for your household. If you follow the Cult of the Elder, you can give it an upgrade that automatically generates some Devotion every day, which I'm not sure the other faiths get, but since you compared it to a temple ...
I mean it sort of functions like a religious building? So I am confused why we need two religious buildings.
For some reason my character is an atheist and I can build the grove auto-faith upgrade and the temple auto-faith upgrade.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Do you get a bonus for assigning multiple gardeners?
that aint possible, can only have one gardener. i can just build multiple gardens, but the bonus is dependent on the person who is gardening. so if that person has 100% bonus, all my gardens generate x2 food.

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
that aint possible, can only have one gardener. i can just build multiple gardens, but the bonus is dependent on the person who is gardening. so if that person has 100% bonus, all my gardens generate x2 food.
Ok thanks.
Makes it even more confusing that one production building is dependant on workers and the other one just has one role associated with it...... kind of broken.

I am still trying to figure out if you need more than one factory?
I guess for the convenience of setting up a production chain?

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Ok thanks.
Makes it even more confusing that one production building is dependant on workers and the other one just has one role associated with it...... kind of broken.
it could definitely have a cleanup. especially with the stacked bonuses and whatnot.
i also personally dont like that i have to have peeps follow me in order to train em. at the same time they dont do their work as long as they are following you, so you gotta unfollow em again after you are done working out with em.
would love to have a quicklist of predone following groups where i can easily have em follow and unfollow me and can easily change the group i want to have followed.

Hesperidian

Jul 5, 2021
I mean it sort of functions like a religious building? So I am confused why we need two religious buildings.
For some reason my character is an atheist and I can build the grove auto-faith upgrade and the temple auto-faith upgrade.
Oh, THAT is different. The temple's auto-growth affects all NPCs following your religion in your household, as long as their devotion is 30+. Which is why that boost is measured in percent (chance to increase by one), not points per day. So the grove is a personal trickle of devotion, while the shrine itself lets you take action and affect your household.

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
it could definitely have a cleanup. especially with the stacked bonuses and whatnot.
i also personally dont like that i have to have peeps follow me in order to train em. at the same time they dont do their work as long as they are following you, so you gotta unfollow em again after you are done working out with em.
would love to have a quicklist of predone following groups where i can easily have em follow and unfollow me and can easily change the group i want to have followed.
Jup I think the classical feature creep happened and something that was planned to be relatively simple grew out of hand.
As I said before I think they need to seriously consider rethinking the whole household managing UX.

The whole build household got now more or less sorted.
Although there are some bugs or questions like you can add a single bed to your master bedroom? I first thought that it is for a slave to sleep with you in the same room. But if you have both a double bed and a single bed it just messes up the description of the room and seems to default to it for the sleeping bonuses.
You first have to remove the lesser item to replace it with a better one. Not obvious for when you try to replace the living room sofa with a luxury sofa. I could automatically replace the sofa with the new one.
The ?inventory? lacks a counter in this view. You see how many armchairs or what not are placed in a room but you do not see how many you have left in your inventory. I think adding a counter there would make sense.
Also not all furniture bonuses seem to be displayed correctly in the bonuses window....
But the visual organisation and concept is solid..... Works OK

But the whole worker and role assignment is just a mess.
I think it needs a summery page. That is object orientated.
Main house the roles associated to it and the negatives and positives.
Factory workers associated to it bonuses and production.
ETC....

Last edited:

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Jup I think the classical feature creep happened and something that was planned to be relatively simple grew out of hand.
As I said before I think they need to seriously consider rethinking the whole household managing UX.

The whole build household got now more or less sorted.
Although there are some bugs or questions like you can add a single bed to your master bedroom? I first thought that it is for a slave to sleep with you in the same room. But if you have both a double bed and a single bed it just messes up the description of the room and seems to default to it for the sleeping bonuses.
Also not all furniture bonuses seem to be displayed correctly in the bonuses window....
But the visual organisation and concept is solid..... Works OK

But the whole worker and role assignment is just a mess.
I think it needs a summery page. That is object orientated.
Main house the roles associated to it and the negatives and positives.
Factory workers associated to it bonuses and production.
ETC....
some things were done for the better like having three slaves now instead of two and now being able to have service members turn into slaves (sadly not possible for mercenaries). but yeah a bit more cleanup would be nice.
one could use all the extra space around the game window for extra info stuff and buttons.

i also tried that single bed in the master room xD. i hoped to get more space there but nope, nothing. those furniture thingies are quite odd tbh. id rather have that as a buyable option in the house menu instead of going to that carpenter.

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
Oh, THAT is different. The temple's auto-growth affects all NPCs following your religion in your household, as long as their devotion is 30+. Which is why that boost is measured in percent (chance to increase by one), not points per day. So the grove is a personal trickle of devotion, while the shrine itself lets you take action and affect your household.
I actually seem to get atheism points from the grow after upgrading it?
Is atheism like a full religion in this game? I am sort of confused now........

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
some things were done for the better like having three slaves now instead of two and now being able to have service members turn into slaves (sadly not possible for mercenaries). but yeah a bit more cleanup would be nice.
one could use all the extra space around the game window for extra info stuff and buttons.

i also tried that single bed in the master room xD. i hoped to get more space there but nope, nothing. those furniture thingies are quite odd tbh. id rather have that as a buyable option in the house menu instead of going to that carpenter.
I play this game on a 4k 48inch TV it looks absolutely hilarious like a webpage or movie from the 90s when widescreen monitors just started appearing and dynamic content was not a thing yet....

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I play this game on a 4k 48inch TV it looks absolutely hilarious like a webpage or movie from the 90s when widescreen monitors just started appearing and dynamic content was not a thing yet....
1708996515580.png

i mean even on my 1440p monitor i have a lot of grey outlining here that could be used for some additional options :p.

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
View attachment 3389370

i mean even on my 1440p monitor i have a lot of grey outlining here that could be used for some additional options :p.
Yea my second screen is in portrait mode 2160 x 3840
The game does not even try to scale. I have huge whitespace above and below and in the centre it barely fits cutting a few pixels off the border on either side.....

I think it only works well in 1080p

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
I actually seem to get atheism points from the grow after upgrading it?
Is atheism like a full religion in this game? I am sort of confused now........
Atheism is a theological position in its own right in game, it has its own devotion stat and at its highest level can give a chance to boost willpower every day up to 100 and you gain the ability to attempt to convert others to atheist. It is associated most strongly but not intrinsically with the academy, where if you serve as a professor you have a chance of gaining devotion if you are atheist after every lecture you hold.

deldalideldali

Jan 5, 2023
i have a problem. I usually play this game with cheats to avoid the grindy part. When I use the usual "SugarCube.State.active.variables.x" to modify money or my characters stats, it works, but when i use it to change my slave's stats it doesn't work. "SugarCube.State.active.variables.av_ranged = 80" did not work, while "SugarCube.State.active.variables.cash = 5000" worked. It used to work on some older versions but since i updated to 0.8.3c, it stopped working. Help pls ?

ampunsultan

Jun 27, 2020
i have a problem. I usually play this game with cheats to avoid the grindy part. When I use the usual "SugarCube.State.active.variables.x" to modify money or my characters stats, it works, but when i use it to change my slave's stats it doesn't work. "SugarCube.State.active.variables.av_ranged = 80" did not work, while "SugarCube.State.active.variables.cash = 5000" worked. It used to work on some older versions but since i updated to 0.8.3c, it stopped working. Help pls ?
Well, you can use SugarCube.State.variables.npc.avxx where [xx] is the number associated with the npc. You'll need to check inside your pic folder tho to see which number belongs to who. It's easier to use saveeditonline if you want to change slave's stats (especially if you want to change multiple slave's stats in one go).

deldalideldali

Jan 5, 2023
Well, you can use SugarCube.State.variables.npc.avxx where [xx] is the number associated with the npc. You'll need to check inside your pic folder tho to see which number belongs to who. It's easier to use saveeditonline if you want to change slave's stats (especially if you want to change multiple slave's stats in one go).
the saveeditonline didn't worksadly :/ and i won't check every single pic each time either, thx for the advice though

wordwaster

Mar 30, 2018
So I went to a lot of trouble to start making crossbow bolts. I figured it would save me money. But then I started making them and they cost $10 EACH to make. One $5 fastener and one $5 wood give you one bolt. But I can just buy them 8 for $15.
I just checked settings on an easier mode and it is 3 + 3 for 1 where they cost $10 for 8. So it isn't the difficulty setting that is the issue, they are just insanely expensive to craft vs just buying them.

Is that a bug? It doesn't make any sense at all. I assume you are supposed to get more than 1 for each wood/fastener you use because that is the only way that is makes game play sense.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
the saveeditonline didn't worksadly :/ and i won't check every single pic each time either, thx for the advice though
It works. Your old saves just have two data sets of your girls from the previous patch. Try looking up Bianchi via control F, you will find two entries in your save if you patched your save to 0.8.3.

---
Re: my previous post about children, it seems temporary beauty stats are not inherited. Is the plastic surgery beauty stats inherited though? I did not put any of my girls through plastic surgery. I will try to patch one of my old 0.8.2 saves after I do plastic surgery there, if I can find the saves.

Also, has anyone gotten their children past 100 beauty?

I want to know if my child with the urchin girl is legit or I screwed something in the nursery while accelerating growth. The mom started with 87 beauty so our child had 87 beauty, and processing gives random beauty boost.

urchin's daughter 127 stat.png

zaqwsxcde1

Mar 17, 2019
For now, religion is useless in the game? I mean self-improving is a lot better than building up devotion for pesky benefits like charm, tax, and influence.

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
For most things it still works.
You have to favourite the slave and start an interaction like open inventory then the commands will work again.....

Alternatively you can use
SugarCube.State.active.variables.npc
this will get you a full list of all NPCs. Keep in mind the surname is first in the list. Others you have to inspect elements to see who it is.

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
I don't like furniture mechanic. Doesn't add much to the game and kinda confusing. Upgrades to the rooms should come with furnitures. Just increase the upgrade prices and upgrade benefits. Too much clicking and micro managing.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes