khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
requesting advice, how do i raise affection for men easily? i got tuner (and a random bandit girl) but they despise me and it seems difficult to raise affection, and apparently his trait requires friendly? just got the game yesterday and been exploring but this stumps me. my current stats are 60 and 50 for manipulate and charm, if it matters.
For men you can build a gazebo with a pool so you can do pool parties, arrange dinner parties/etc, assign them as followers and take them to the bathhouse for a bath (no sex, just a bath), go carousing with them at Dockgraves or your own tavern if you have one. For girls all of the above work as well but it's more fun to just sex them up.

For passive stuff I believe you can gain some affection every day if you have a good head chef and high enough spending on food relish (but be warned, it's REALLY expensive). I think you also can get passive boosts randomly if you buy upgrades that raise contentment. Floor crawlers also boost happiness and/or affection for anyone who will use them. A high allowance will also give passive affection I believe.

If they have the bloodthirsty trait you can also just fight with them, and if they don't they'll earn that trait eventually via combat.

Personally I find pool parties the most effective, but I always take the party animal trait. They're only about half as effective without that.

Deren

Feb 18, 2018
For men you can build a gazebo with a pool so you can do pool parties, arrange dinner parties/etc, assign them as followers and take them to the bathhouse for a bath (no sex, just a bath), go carousing with them at Dockgraves or your own tavern if you have one. For girls all of the above work as well but it's more fun to just sex them up.

For passive stuff I believe you can gain some affection every day if you have a good head chef and high enough spending on food relish (but be warned, it's REALLY expensive). I think you also can get passive boosts randomly if you buy upgrades that raise contentment. Floor crawlers also boost happiness and/or affection for anyone who will use them. A high allowance will also give passive affection I believe.

If they have the bloodthirsty trait you can also just fight with them, and if they don't they'll earn that trait eventually via combat.

Personally I find pool parties the most effective, but I always take the party animal trait. They're only about half as effective without that.
thanks, i didnt get party animal for my first run, shame that. how many days usually does it take to get someone from despise to friendly? a month?

Deren

Feb 18, 2018
Maybe I am dumb but where do you even find your slaves? I captured 3 npcs and cant find them anywhere.
bottom left, handcuffs sign. can find it when on the map, not in the house(?), but afaik you can only process them if in redhaven? idk im nub too.

Jinyo

Apr 20, 2018
bottom left, handcuffs sign. can find it when on the map, not in the house(?), but afaik you can only process them if in redhaven? idk im nub too.
Man thank you, no idea why it isnt in the house menu. Was searching fruitlessly in the wrong place.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
thanks, i didnt get party animal for my first run, shame that. how many days usually does it take to get someone from despise to friendly? a month?
Yeah a month sounds about right. I usually pick Tuner up the first week and then sometime in month 2 I've got his manager trait working. You can do it faster if you stack up more than 1 thing that improves affection like pool party plus carousing plus bath house in the same day.

Deren

Feb 18, 2018
from what i understand after faffing about, i pretty much have to reduce willpower to 0 before i can increase relations or corruption. are girls with like 110 willpower lost causes then? or do i have to take months just to break them? id rather not sell her cuz she has like 90 beauty and 110 charm which i think is good? been easing her relations from despisising with allowances.

right now the only one i can do with decent success chance is dominant tone chores, and making use of a low willpower slave mistress. Bondage is low so thats out.

also, whats the amount of days do your games usually last? i think i have to readjust my sense of time for this game, considering im day 40~ and only managed to make like 20k in loose cash, with only super minor upgrades to the home. though, im probably just having a hard time making money cuz im a nub.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
from what i understand after faffing about, i pretty much have to reduce willpower to 0 before i can increase relations or corruption. are girls with like 110 willpower lost causes then? or do i have to take months just to break them? id rather not sell her cuz she has like 90 beauty and 110 charm which i think is good? been easing her relations from despisising with allowances.

right now the only one i can do with decent success chance is dominant tone chores, and making use of a low willpower slave mistress. Bondage is low so thats out.

also, whats the amount of days do your games usually last? i think i have to readjust my sense of time for this game, considering im day 40~ and only managed to make like 20k in loose cash, with only super minor upgrades to the home. though, im probably just having a hard time making money cuz im a nub.
You do not need them at 0 willpower. It makes it easier sure, but you can also lose out on some benefits of having decent willpower. You can reach Undying affection and 100 corruption with an 80+ willpower girl pretty consistently and easily. It's not hard unless you are into the fear and dominance based approaches. Building a gazebo in your backyard (preferably in the small build plot on the right-middle position so your other build plots can focus on other things) and upgrading it to get a pool means you can do one pool party per day. It raises Affection per day by +1 (+2 if you picked the party animal trait) up to Loving and it also increases happiness.

Other ways of Affection gain is by Talk -> Affect -> Compliment. Complimenting her intelligence can net you +3 Affection but it also comes at the risk of raising her willpower (rng). Beauty and Sexual Appeal does not raise willpower but it only raises Affection by +1. You can compliment each girl twice per day. You also have the option of clicking Encourage although it comes with the 25% risk of lowering her Submissive trait by 1. Even if the compliment fails, there's no downside, no penalty as far as I can see.

Every 4pm to 8pm, you can start events via Arrange Events and invite all girls for dinner or set the girls you want to invite as followers and pick invite followers. Turn on maids, turn off floor crawlers, and have dinner. You get +2 Affection the moment the dinner begins provided there were assigned maids. The girls you have working as maids will be the maids here and do not participate in the dinner which means they also do not get affection. If your rolls for joking and socializing succeeds, you can earn +1 Affection, one for each action. If you fail, nothing bad happens.

Of course orgasms during any sexual activity also raise her affection up to a point. Bathe with her, invite her normally, to start some arousal. Then seduce her if you need more arousal for her to agree. It helps to have a decent copulation stat but the way to raise that is by having sex so you can opt to start with your lower willpower girls first. You can also read some books and take the Miss Devious course for copulation stat iirc but for my part I'd rather do that when my copulation skill hits the cap from sex since books and lectures are uncapped increases. Build her respect from fighting with her as follower too. It will make asking her for sex easier. Lastly, some girls have quests that awards Affection. Your high beauty random girl won't have it of course but there will be girls who will be resistant to sex up until their quests are done but the completion of their quest can often jump start their affection for you by as much as +25.

As for corruption, there will be certain quests or jobs you cannot unlock if you raise certain girls' corruption too high (Caitlyn's Clinic or Nicole's news room) since they will not have hopes and dreams at high corruption. You have to painstakingly lower their corruption if you want to unlock things. Or you can unlock it first and ask for their hopes and dreams when their affection is decent enough and their corruption is still low. You can then raise their corruption.

Corruption can be raised passively just by people existing in your house. Your household has a Corruption stat (as well as other stats; see the Manage house option) and it is increased by having high corruption NPCs and NPCs with the Perverted trait. It is reduced by NPCs with Pure trait. It can passively raise all your NPCs' corruption to 60 or was it 70 (I forgot).

You can also hold 3 lectures at your shrine in your backyard. Higher level shrine means better chances. Pro Decadence raises your NPCs' corruption as well as your Household's. You can choose whether you want to lecture your followers or your entire household, either way it increases Household corruption. Anti Decadence lecture lowers corruption of course.

Reactions: GD-studios

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Just as an aside, if your influence is high enough and you are gaining high amounts a day, removing criminal status brings despising npcs to uninterested and from there you can quickly raise to friendly. It costs 1000 influence, but gains 10 affection and 5 happiness.

4.50 star(s) 116 Votes