GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I'm getting some sort of bug with Sophia Ortega. Overnight happiness goes from upper nineties to 44 and affection goes from soulmate to neutral. She is wearing fancy clothes and perfume, so I don't think it's her hopes and dreams penalizing me. It doesn't drop if she is in the annex or the arena.
Did you raise it(them) with a large amount under just one day's time? There's a "stabilizing" factor that executes when you hit end day, and that factor is not active in the Annex or Arena. One of the many things I'm going to rebalance with the 0.8 update.

Last edited:

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Did you raise it(them) with a large amount under just one day's time? There's a "stabilizing" factor that executes when you hit end day, and that factor is not active in the Annex or Arena. One of the many things I'm going to rebalance with the 0.8 update.
That must be it. Thanks. There is a lot of math under the hood that isn't explicitly expressed and that can leave people scratching there heads. Another thing I was wondering, will all the girls get missions and bonuses, or just some?

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Permanent loss of stats that takes weeks in game to recover is not a minor penalty. So I still save scum to never die
Weeks???

If one of your girls loses a point of dex, you can just include her in a dex training session. 1 or 2 sessions (1 day), and you will have it back. Or homeschool her in dance. Or put her in the arena for a day or two.

Unless you are talking about recovering 10+ stat points. THEN, maybe it will take a week to recover them all...

Last edited:

KhaiFirst

Feb 27, 2021
Be patient Padawan, Grim is already working on it due to hitting his 2nd stretch goal (prostitution/harem) and the 3rd (legacy/waifu/pregnancy) is almost there.

WAIFU HAREM ACTION IS COMING
yes i read it... 0.8 be more slave to own... hope same with merc... hope be more female merc..

KhaiFirst

Feb 27, 2021
That's because you already have two household slaves. Move one of them to the annex to free up some space.

Version 0.8 will address this, though, and move them down automatically until the slave cap is reached.
hello looking at subs what is "DEv only version" different public release? so i guess other tier support get public release except "dev only ver" ? i ask thinking to support.... and last question "dev version" can i save edit online ?

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
(Currently reading The 1619 Project. An eye opening book to be sure)
Where did you get the book, always thought about reading it, after hearing about it was talked about it in the NYT.

1619 project is lies and propaganda.
their sources is literally just making stuff up
I wouold be careful with that, just because you do not like what it says, does not mean it is not true, a lot of historical fiction has been exposed in the last 50 to 100 years.

Reactions: dmmt

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
And of course the world presented in MoR strains the plausibility of a stable, slavery-based society where slaves can retain some measure of agency even further past the breaking point than the above historical examples, or any other, for that matter.

Consider the late, great Roman Empire. Arguably one of the greatest exemplars of what a society can accomplish if it is willing to devalue ALL human life, save for 'Takers' in the mold of Julius Caesar, to a point below zero in order to justify mass genocide abroad, and mass enslavement at home. Even at the height of Rome's moral decay, as well as its economic, political and cultural supremacy, the percentage of the population enslaved in the empire was, at most, 15 percent. And with just 15% slavery, the Roman Empire was nearly destroyed many times over by massive slave revolts (Spartacus, anyone?)

And yet we're to believe that in the world of Raana (in a society that's been stable for longer than a week), HALF of all humanity are slaves?! Not just highly improbable. Impossible.

Unless....... Unless the slaves of Raana don't really have any agency at all, they just THINK they do.

In the world of Raana we find a variety of technologies, ranging from the primitive to the (by our standards) futuristic. Never bring a crossbow to a coilgun fight. Perhaps the slaves of Raana haven't risen up and overthrown the status quo because they CAN'T, because they've undergone some form of conditioning or brainwashing, using techniques honed over centuries. Of course, for a system of mental subversion on such a massive scale to succeed, those techniques would have to be 100% fool-proof. This is why I think that the most plausible means of creating and maintaining such a system (plausible, at least, within the world the developers have created here), is some kind of brain implant the slaves don't remember receiving.
This implant wouldn't turn slaves into mindless automatons or completely erase all of their free will, just the capacity to use what will they have to resist, rise up, or escape in any truly meaningful way. Slaves would be able to retain their own identities, personalities, and talents (making them more interesting/entertaining for their masters, and also able to contribute more to society through innovation and creativity then any mere robot could).
But when the desire to resist or escape enters their minds, they would hit an invisible wall. Their will to see the plan through would evaporate, their courage would fade, and then they'd just..... give up. Or let themselves be caught. Perhaps a few, extraordinary people within each generation (people like Eliana, perhaps?) would possess the courage and fortitude to make good their escape plans...... Only to be hunted down by agents of the Spheremasters and then killed; or reprogrammed, to be re-sold at exhorbitant prices in private slave auctions to which only people 'in the know' are invited.
Maybe the MC is one of those people, and plays his role in this system not because he is necessarily an evil, nihlistic prick, but because he understands that the thing that guarantees slaves will never escape slavery is the same thing that guarantees that he will never fall into it. Then again, maybe he has no idea. What would happen if he found out?

I would very much appreciate a storyline/questline that explores the above ideas. I also think it would add an extra layer of realism (albeit nihlistic, dystopian realism) the world you folks have already created.

Sorry for the massive dissertation. If you read all the way to the end, you're a trooper! Loving the game. Keep up the good work!
That's a hell of a post my friend. I had also missed the posts by dmmt.

Clarification about how slavery works and exists in the world lore would probably be a good idea, although I'm sure some folks won't really care that much.

Besides some musings here on F95, there was a really good post on the itch.io describing how the "slavery" in the game was more of indentured servitude, necessitated by the scarcity of resources and socioeconomic options.

That needs to be fleshed out more.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Folks, let me remind you where you are.

An internet forum on a game piracy focused website filled with morally dubious content.

While I am not opposed to intellectually stimulating discussions, let us maintain an appropriate sense of proportions. And refocus on the more important subject at hand.

WAIFU HAREM ACTION.

That is all.

KhaiFirst

Feb 27, 2021
I downloaded this to try out expecting another basic HTML game, but... holy crap... this is INSANELY well done!!! The interface and such alone is well worth praise! lol Now here's just hoping we hit that third stretch goal for .8!
yeah had same effect me too, than i am hook and join subscribeStar..

• Red Heart
Reactions: GD-studios and dmmt

Leobbb

May 24, 2019
I wasn't impressed at all when I first started playing, probably due to the bad luck choosing girls that didn't have any pictures ready. The whole game looked to me like a big work in progress with artificially high number version that didn't match the content. I also started without good combat skills, which didn't help because as it turns out a good ranged combat skill is absolutely essential to make significant progress. Sure the writing looks polished, it's clear some work was put into the lore and the story, but it's not what is most important in a sex game.

After some time I started again with Lovisa and I began slowly warming up to the game, having nice images to go with the text is a huge game changer. I can imagine a lot more people would be interested in the game if all the girls had at least basic images for simple sex interactions and morning bjs as good as Lovisa. Not to mention completely different style 2d images of other women like that bookstore shopkeeper or the bondage shop lady should have no place in the game. After all visuals is what really makes or breaks sex games.

If I wanted this game to get a lot more support I'd put on hold all other ideas and really work on missing images before anything else. It would make the game far better than let's say balancing the academy job that was mentioned few posts earlier in the dev notes. I mean it requires a specific set of starting traits, basically crippling your early game combat capabilities and income, possibly slave management too and it's not even that interesting to start with. And it's the girls that primarily make this game interesting.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Small problem with the BDSM stuff-- A Butt Plug is not an 'Anal Dildo' any more than a Dildo is a 'Vaginal Butt Plug': While a Butt Plug can be used like a dildo, to stimulate the anus in a manner mimicking intercourse, it's also designed so that it can be inserted into the anus and left there, as a way to 'passively' stretch things out down there, to prepare the person for anal sex. A dildo, on the other hand cannot be inserted and left (at least not in the case of the anus), so using the terms Butt Plug and Anal Dildo interchangeably is misleading.

I'm not just obsessing over vocabulary here; I was really hoping that the Butt Plugs in game would be a put-it-in-and-leave-it-there sort of thing, with options available to MC to do other things not possible with just an 'Anal Dildo', i.e. put the Butt Plug in as preparation for later actions, freeing MC's hands up to do other things in the immediate present, while also building anticipation and/or dread in the intended victim.

If you would please make changes to accommodate my expectations, I would very much appreciate it.
Let me put you at ease. Butt plugs are NOT the same as the dildos you shove up your slave's asses. Those are the normal ones you buy at Devious' store. Butt plugs, along with a unique set of renders and rules/code snippets, will be implemented with the Bondage Engine update in 0.8.2, as stated on the progress list at our Discord.

Reactions: baemfu

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Dude, you don't need to buy food. Just kill people, and take theirs.
precisely what I do in virtually EVERY CRPG out there. I don't buy squat, if I don't absolutely have to. I kill folks that have what I want, and turn it then into MINE! (or I'll buy it, then kill the merchant and take back my gold)

Reactions: GD-studios

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I wasn't impressed at all when I first started playing, probably due to the bad luck choosing girls that didn't have any pictures ready. The whole game looked to me like a big work in progress with artificially high number version that didn't match the content. I also started without good combat skills, which didn't help because as it turns out a good ranged combat skill is absolutely essential to make significant progress. Sure the writing looks polished, it's clear some work was put into the lore and the story, but it's not what is most important in a sex game.

After some time I started again with Lovisa and I began slowly warming up to the game, having nice images to go with the text is a huge game changer. I can imagine a lot more people would be interested in the game if all the girls had at least basic images for simple sex interactions and morning bjs as good as Lovisa. Not to mention completely different style 2d images of other women like that bookstore shopkeeper or the bondage shop lady should have no place in the game. After all visuals is what really makes or breaks sex games.

If I wanted this game to get a lot more support I'd put on hold all other ideas and really work on missing images before anything else. It would make the game far better than let's say balancing the academy job that was mentioned few posts earlier in the dev notes. I mean it requires a specific set of starting traits, basically crippling your early game combat capabilities and income, possibly slave management too and it's not even that interesting to start with. And it's the girls that primarily make this game interesting.
Rest assured, my two render machines are running at full speed right now. I try to implement around 125-150 new renders between each big update (0.7.9 - 0.8 - 0.8.1 ...). And I completely agree that images is a very important component to make or break a sex game; but it's far from the only factor - you need to place those pictures on a solid ground to avoid making it into another soulless VN.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
- you need to place those pictures on a solid ground to avoid making it into another soulless VN.
indeed.

I got to ask you though, since you obviously have a well mapped out plan of updates, what will be included when, etc etc...

before you even started coding the 1st shall we say draft...how long had you kicked around the story and world building for Raana?

4.50 star(s) 116 Votes